• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

More ethics in the game?

AerithLives

Pro Adventurer
Though there was was mentions of regret of Avalanches actions in the original game, it didn't feel like a significant part of the storyline. Listening to the trailer it feels very much like they are going to be bringing a lot more of the ethics and regret of their eco terrorism to the front of the storyline. Similar to The Maiden Who Travels The Planet.

Tifa "I know we have to think big if we want to make a difference, but not like this...I feel trapped".

Biggs "Did we do this?"
Wedge "...what if we did?"

What do you think?

What do you think

Wimbly

Garden Festival Retiree
Realistically, all of them are moral characters, so it makes sense that they second guess their violent methods. Even though Barret seems to be the most stoic regarding the destruction they cause, it can’t be easy for him because of what happened to Corel. So I hope they write him eventually feeling something more than, ‘the ends justify the means’.

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
Yeah the wanton destruction is less fun now that the threat is less fantastical lol

As I said in another thread, most good people are like Reeve, trying to change the system from within instead of resorting to destruction and devastation in the name of good. The question remains: do AVALANCHE's ends justify the means? In a fantasy world where there is literally a planet-soul that's being killed, it's an easier answer than on earth. But the metaphor was present and prescient in 1997, and even moreso today.

BforB

Pro Adventurer
AKA
B
Moral inner grapplings are my bread and butter tbh so I'm very looking forward to seeing the full spectrum of remorse, doubt and a shifting sense of justice among the characters. It would be even better if we could also see a more fleshed out perspective from antagonists like Rufus or even Heidegger or Scarlet.

jazzflower92

Pro Adventurer
AKA
The Girl With A Strong Opinion
Yeah the wanton destruction is less fun now that the threat is less fantastical lol

As I said in another thread, most good people are like Reeve, trying to change the system from within instead of resorting to destruction and devastation in the name of good. The question remains: do AVALANCHE's ends justify the means? In a fantasy world where there is literally a planet-soul that's being killed, it's an easier answer than on earth. But the metaphor was present and prescient in 1997, and even moreso today.

In some ways, that's good. It also gives them more time to think about the issue at hand, since a lot of politics when it comes to terrorism has changed. The heroes basically being terrorist will as you say be called into question, and as you said changing things with non-violence will be the ultimate answer.

Top Bottom