More milking FFVII merchandise

Cloud_S

Pro Adventurer
So we've had cologne, shirts, fans, candles, pass cases, iPhone cases, decorative straps, and now...... a cup.

X2CWi.jpg

http://www.amiami.jp/shop/ProductInfo/product_id/223803

I'd rather see them produce... oh I don't know... PlayArts figures for the neglected members of the original game, Crisis Core (uh, hello... how do you not make a Genesis figure? instead of MORE Cloud and Sephiroth ones?), and so on.

And because I cannot embed an mp3 to automatically play....

Glaurung

Forgot the cutesy in my other pants. Sorry.
AKA
Mama Dragon
To have a cup of Rufus? GIMME!!!!

(uh, hello... how do you not make a Genesis figure? instead of MORE Cloud and Sephiroth ones?), and so on.

Maybe because Genesis is GACKT and there could be some problems with image rights. Dunno.

Vivi

Jump Rope Champion
AKA
Vivi, Setzer Gabbiani
...what is that? Like Rufus would ever let his name touch a cup like that.

Tifabelle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Tifabelle, Nathan Drake, Locke Cole, Kain Highwind, Yamcha, Arya Stark
Sort of random. I mean, it doesn't even look FFVII-y. Just looks like a cup with the name Rufus on it. Perfect for guys named Rufus. :awesome:

Lumina

a pokémon.
AKA
Bayleef, Jessica
The cup is pretty... But I wouldn't die if I didn't buy it. Is kind of irrevelant for me. If someone gave it to me, I take it and use it non-stop and if it doesn't happen...well I really dont mind. (Unlike Ashe's ring cough and Yuna's neklace cough)

BloodyCloud

Lurker
Listening to the welcoming ceremony as I read through the comments was pretty funny, lol. Oh Square Enix, what will you come up with next?

Seafoamturtle

Rookie Adventurer
So is this the cup that Rufus drinks out of during board meetings? :D If not, I will be sorely disappointed.

I would have liked it more if they made a set of cups (since Rufus has one here, possibly a set for Shinra employees/executives, and maybe another set for Avalanche). Maybe they can do matching plates, bowls, and silverware. Oh, and I really want a Shinra crockpot. Kill the planet a little bit with each batch of roast beef I make.

I do wonder what went through their heads when they decided to sell a Rufus cup. It's not necessarily bad, but it's, I don't know, not really something folks would want as much as a Play Arts figure.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
Meh I already have a ton of mugs I never use.

I would, however, enjoy a jockstrap/cup with the name "Rufus" on it.

:awesome:

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
Guys guys. Dont you see the delicious irony here?

This is a commemorative Rufus cup, just like when there is a Royal Wedding/coronation and they sell a load of crappy tea towels and plates. The same thing must happen in the FFVII universe.

OneWingedDemon

NOT AMUSED
It doesn't even say Rufus SHINRA. Even knowing the character and having played the game, if I saw someone drinking out of that I'd never link it to FFVII. You know, because there are tons of people actually named Rufus.

EPIC FAIL

Whoa, Octo. Best answer in the whole thread.

But Rufus said he doesn't want to get people with money, but rather, with fear!! I wonder if the cup gives more fear than money it costs?

People feared being thought unfashionable if they did not have one. They valued it because it cost a shitload of money.

I concur about Octo's being the best answer. Although personally I'd have preferred a gold-rimmed porcelain teacup with his face on it, wreathed in flowers. Or maybe a teatowel showing Shinra's greatest achievements through the ages.

Mariketsu

I Am the Darkness, I'm the Monster
AKA
Razael
Now this is just downright milking to bits. I mean come on, a plain, red cup with "Rufus" slapped on it? Srsly?? And the sad thing is, they're still making money off of it *facepalm*. I'd rather buy the Cloud/Sephy perfume they made, at least it has the damn FFVII logo on it -__-.

Regardless, I agree with some who already said, they need to make figures of the rest of the cast, literal Play Arts figures, not just the tiny, anime-ish collectibles. We all have our favorite characters, but in the end, you can't help but have a little bit of love for the cast in general. A fan who loves the whole of FFVII or any of the FF games would likely want to have the entire cast as Play Arts figures and such. I wish they would see that.

Also, agreeing with OWD, company coffee mugs would've been a better choice.

EDIT: Someone should totally put the cup on the EPIC FAIL blog. /JOKE

~ Raz

This is the merchandise foreshadowing the coming of Square's new tv show:

"The Shinra Company Office", the next evolution in sitcom entertainment.

Top Bottom