• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

More milking FFVII merchandise

Tifabelle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Tifabelle, Nathan Drake, Locke Cole, Kain Highwind, Yamcha, Arya Stark
I would like to see a replica of Tifa's orthopedic underwear. Now there's something useful. :awesome:

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
I would like to see a replica of Tifa's orthopedic underwear. Now there's something useful. :awesome:

I think it was the anime Kiss Sis that included a pair of one of the female character's "used" panties with the limited edition blu ray release.

C'mon Square, KNOW YOUR FANBASE. DO IT.

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
They gave us shit for seven years. Now we get a cup. Like watching the movie backwards. Do we get two girls soon?

Tifabelle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
You know what thought crossed my mind last night? If they're still merchandising FFVII, why can't they release the ultimania in english? I mean, there's gotta be more interest in that than this cup, right? Wouldn't they make more moneys from that than crap like this?

You know what thought crossed my mind last night? If they're still merchandising FFVII, why can't they release the ultimania in english? I mean, there's gotta be more interest in that than this cup, right? Wouldn't they make more moneys from that than crap like this?

It's like my dad used to say, "DON'T WASTE THE PRINTING PAPER! IT'S EXPENSIVE!"
Well, that is indeed the case. An English FFVII Ultimania would not sell that much and printing each book costs a great deal I reckon. Perhaps a "limited copies" thing might work, like printing only 7777 copies, but I dunno:hohum:
Edit: Not to mention, the extra cost of hiring translators for the work. I don't think Square is up to it.

Also, "Two Shinra Executives and one cup". ...I will not let my imagination fly further than this.

Tifabelle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Well, that is indeed the case. An English FFVII Ultimania would not sell that much and printing each book costs a great deal I reckon. Perhaps a "limited copies" thing might work, like printing only 7777 copies, but I dunno:hohum:
Edit: Not to mention, the extra cost of hiring translators for the work. I don't think Square is up to it.

Yeah, but they'd charge more. Not only that, but if people didn't make money from books, magazines, newspapers, etc, they wouldn't make them. And if they do limited copies, they can charge even more :/

Translators is the only difference, but SE has translators already, don't they? If SE is in trouble as they say (but remember trouble for big companies can mean they're just not making as much money, but they're still in the green), then I see why they wouldn't do it. But if it's such a big deal, then just stick to games for a little while.

And why wouldn't they sell that much? (ok, maybe at this point cause it's late in the game.) But they have tons of English speaking fans everywhere: America, Canada, UK, Australia, wherever the fuck else people speak english. I hate that their non-Japanese fanbase gets left out ;.;

And why wouldn't they sell that much? (ok, maybe at this point cause it's late in the game.) But they have tons of English speaking fans everywhere: America, Canada, UK, Australia, wherever the fuck else people speak english. I hate that their non-Japanese fanbase gets left out ;.;
I'm still skeptical as to how many copies it would sell. =/

Only hardcore fans would buy an English Ultimania and exactly how many are still hardcore about FFVII? This forum has 3281 members, 374 whom are active. Realising that not all who visit the site have joined the forums, this still gives me the impression of the fanbase being very limited.

I wish I had numbers that were not as ambiguous in their interpretation, so I'll just repeat that I am skeptical about the profit of printing an English Ultimania.

Even so, yes it is quite infuriating that our fanbase gets left out. Just look at the online feature for Dirge of Cerberus. Because that was removed for the English release, the story mode it included is inaccessible to most. An entry in the FFVII CANON is off-limits to the majority! Rage.
Edit: (Also, Before Crisis. Yup. How *rewarding* it is to be a fan of FFVII.)

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop

Ssh, then we would've translated it for nothing, :monster:.

Masamune

Fiat Lux
AKA
Masa

They can sell this piece of junk to anyone, at home & abroad. An English FFVII Ultimania isn't going to sell in Japan, where they make 90% of their revenue. I made up that number, but you get the point. Like Shademp said, it's just not cost-effective.

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
Soooo, with regards to the ultimania. Basically they should have translated it when interest was at its highest, like right around the time AC was released internationally? But they didn't and now they won't and we must all cry and shit our pants but take comfort in the fact that the translations we do have here are probably a million times more accurate than anything SE would do :monster:

Terrafig

AKA
KaleMarsh
You can slap a limited quantity sticker on anything, and it becomes gold. Low supply necessitates high demand--

Wait.

OneWingedDemon

NOT AMUSED
I doubt there's gonna be much demand for that silly looking cup that looks like what you'd find on ebay for $0.99.

At this point, 7th Heaven napkins would at least look like there's more effort involved.

Smaddy

Green Mage
I doubt there's gonna be much demand for that silly looking cup that looks like what you'd find on ebay for $0.99.

At this point, 7th Heaven napkins would at least look like there's more effort involved.

If you really wanted something like that, you can go to a lot of different photo/printing sites - Cafe Press comes to mind - and get pretty much whatever image you want put into whatever item you want. It's not even that expensive.

[sips from Rufus coffee mug, adjusts mouse on Rufus mouse pad, changes into Rufus t-shirt...:awesome:]

Lumina

a pokémon.
AKA
Bayleef, Jessica
Sephiroth doesn't have the cup in his office? That's badd.
I rather want a poster of what Licoriceofallsorts posted. Those pictures will always be in my heart.
Lolol at Tifa's hair comb, and I totally agree wih the English Version of Ultimania.

Cloud_S

Pro Adventurer
https://ssl.square-enix-shop.com/Sq...on?productId=1344&sid=1325885826908YEGn21KpXC

Xhhjd.jpg

YASsd.jpg

AC Cloud pillow case..... (I'm surprised it has a flip-side, and you don't have to buy a second one if you can't choose between which side you want....)

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
And now all the FFVII fujoshi can literally hump AC Cloud in the comfort of their own Cloud/Sephiroth doujinshi filled bedrooms.

Way to know your fanbase, Square-Enix.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
I remember seeing some Twitter updates when they were designing that, and I was like "lolz oh square :awesome:"

And then they talked about going into production and I realised they were serious.

I do not understand the Square Enix merchandising department at all. I know next to nothing about marketing and even so I'm pretty sure I could come up with a higher quality of crap than they do. Why are there no Final Fantasy - or Dissidia - chessboards? Why don't they sell posters of the FFVII loading screens? Why don't they offer the BC promotional poster for sale, which is really an awesome piece of design art? Why no Midgar Monopoly? Why no Shinra Building Cluedo? Why no FFXII Risk? Why no Magitech Lego kits? Why???????

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Why are there no Final Fantasy - or Dissidia - chessboards?

Dear Christ, they need to fire their otaku pandering merchandising board, and hire you. Immediately.

I'd buy that in a heartbeat.

Why no Midgar Monopoly?

I'd buy this too.

...Then get arrested after killing whoever I played Monopoly with.

Masamune

Fiat Lux
AKA
Masa
The thing is, you can already buy FF pillowcases, which sell for far less than what SE will charge through their official stores. What's the point?

Top Bottom