• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

More remake rumors

ForceStealer

Double Growth
We should probably just have a thread for these.

The much anticipated Final Fantasy VII remake for the PS4 is in the works right now if the reports are to be believed.
There has been a lot of talk, in the past few years, about a possible remake of the massively popular JRPG Final Fantasy VII, but Square Enix always remained a bit wishy washy on the issue, only dropping hints here and there but Producer Yoshinori Kitase himself said that he'd love to do it, but "it would take a lot" for it to happen.
As reported by Cyberland, industry insider Verendus who is known for having very strong connections within the Japanese gaming industry, posted on NeoGAF mentioning that the project is happening:
"It's happening. He's obviously not going to give any indication as such though so it hardly matters until they're ready to announce something. His comments make sense. It's a huge project that will take a lot of effort, and demand a lot from him personally, in order to ensure the end result is something satisfactory."
Along with the info there is an alleged leaked gameplay picture as shown from the pic above but the leaked picture is actually a mock-up using unreal engine and not from the alleged Final Fantasy VII remake.
Of course, as usual with this kind of leaks from insiders, we should take what is said with a sizable pinch of salt, but Verendus has a good track record with the information he receives from his sources so while the rumored Final Fantasy VII remake has not yet been confirmed, fans can get ready for a surprise announcement.
Cyberland has reported that the Final Fantasy VII remake for the PS4 release date could be on 2015 and it would be revealed on E3 2015.
Source

I can't remember if this is a similar rumor from before, that Verandus sounds familiar. Also I'm almost positive that the screenshot is from G-Bike. But, there you have it. Sorry if this as already been posted.

AvecAloes

Donator
"It's happening. He's obviously not going to give any indication as such though so it hardly matters until they're ready to announce something. His comments make sense. It's a huge project that will take a lot of effort, and demand a lot from him personally, in order to ensure the end result is something satisfactory."

In addition to this being a recycled rumor, I love how this statement doesn't actually say anything at all. It's like he actually works for Square Enix or something.

In addition to this being a recycled rumor, I love how this statement doesn't actually say anything at all. It's like he actually works for Square Enix or something.
finger-gun.jpg

Drax

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Benoist; Captain Highwind
I think the pic is from that remake mod a while back, which looked cool in the beginning, then they pulled out FPS perspective, it played like Doom, and at one point Zack showed up as this Laya hologram thing.

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
Let's face it, Square Enix isn't actually going to remake the game until they're almost bankrupt and really need the money.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
At this point, I'm okay with just an enhanced port. Remake the prerendered BGs in HD as well as the character models and music, update the translation, the underlying engine can stay for all I care. :sadpanda:

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
Hey guise what's going on in this thread? :herry:

Seriously I just can't even bring myself to care anymore, if they ever do it, it's probable that it's going to disappoint. Like that's almost a given now, it's gone on for far too fucking long.

Or, they won't do it, but will continue to mention how they're never going to do it because they know it makes a good headline. Twats.

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
Square Enix isn't Capcom :grover:
You left out the word 'yet' :ernie:

Seriously, people have been begging Capcom for a new Mega Man game for years, and instead of giving the fans what they want, they keep putting out crappy Street Fighter 4 rehashes.

Which sounds suspiciously like the SE business model of not putting out the FFVII remake people have been wanting for a decade (but hey, we better rush that Tomb Raider remake less than a year after we release it!), and their increasingly mediocre offerings that have caused their fans to lose a lot of faith in their company (FFXIII, FFXIII Ver- I mean, uh, FFXV).

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
FFXV? Are we living on the same planet? That seems to be almost the only thing Final Fantasy fans are excited about right now, apart from the ones playing ARR.

Can't quibble with some of the rest of your post though :oscar:

In the case of Capcom and their reluctance to put out Mega Man titles, I speculate that this has to do with a company-wide impression that Mega Man belongs to Keiji Inafune. Nobody within the company feels like they have the right to touch it
(if only that had been the case back when production on Mega Man X6 began, UGH)

As for Square not giving us an FFVII remake, the leading figures just don't feel confident that the final product would be good enough. I can respect that. Judging by the games Square has released in recent years, I don't think they have what it takes for an FFVII remake. They are not ready yet. It's just sad when Kitase has to speak his delusional "10-year process" nonsense. =/

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
FFXV? Are we living on the same planet? That seems to be almost the only thing Final Fantasy fans are excited about right now,

After all these years most people are past excitement I think.

Hard to get excited about the constant cockteasing and no matter how good the game is, it will never justify the ridiculous wait.

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
In the case of Capcom and their reluctance to put out Mega Man titles, I speculate that this has to do with a company-wide impression that Mega Man belongs to Keiji Inafune. Nobody within the company feels like they have the right to touch it
(if only that had been the case back when production on Mega Man X6 began, UGH)
./
too bad they didn't feel that way about Devil May Cry before inflicting that atrocity of a reboot on us

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
well, I can't deny that the huge delay on FFXV has dampened people's enthusiasm for it :oscar: Still, more people seem to be looking forward to it than not :monster:

ForceStealer

Double Growth
In the case of Capcom and their reluctance to put out Mega Man titles, I speculate that this has to do with a company-wide impression that Mega Man belongs to Keiji Inafune. Nobody within the company feels like they have the right to touch it.

a) What Omega said.
b) If they truly feel that way, why don't they just give Inafune the rights to Mega Man so he can make his own Mega Man games? (Which he's doing anyway, I know, I'm just saying.)

As to the rehashed rumor - Octo, Omega, et. al.: Sorry, I know it's annoying to hear about the next rehashed hoax, but I feel like as an FF7 site we'd be remiss to not ridiculeacknowledge them. Like I said, we should just have a stickied thread for all the remake rumors, lol.

b) If they truly feel that way, why don't they just give Inafune the rights to Mega Man so he can make his own Mega Man games?
Better to keep a money-making IP around *in case* they get their balls back. :monster:

I speculate policies get in the way of a humble act such as a company giving the rights to a single individual. Isn't the rights to a franchise usually something that is bought, btw? I doubt Inafune is rich enough to buy Mega Man.

But again. Speculation, speculation.

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
As to the rehashed rumor - Octo, Omega, et. al.: Sorry, I know it's annoying to hear about the next rehashed hoax, but I feel like as an FF7 site we'd be remiss to not ridiculeacknowledge them. Like I said, we should just have a stickied thread for all the remake rumors, lol.

It's okay, getting pissed OFF with SE antics is a hobby of mine :monster:

Last edited:
Top Bottom