• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

More to Come in June... Tifa & Wall Market?

Random Nobody

local roach
....0~0; Well, I prefer the original cast better, but that's just me. Besides, It's just a feeling I have. I could be wrong...I hope I'm wrong, but you never know.
unfortunately, i think the likelihood of placeholders was vanishingly small to begin with. that tweet means absolutely nothing but i [detective voice] am suspicious given how much cloud sounds like REmake leon Kennedy in the teaser.

unless square hits us with the double reverse spinaroonie and/or pulls something kojima like having cloud use his original VO after the lifestream sequence, it is probably safe to assume all the english voices have been recast. even the secondary characters like biggs and jessie (who i suspect are now gideon emery and kimberly Brooks, respectively) do not sound how they initially did.

but. as i said. burton's recordings always sounded like he was killed last week [by me] and they brought the corpse out. and so he will not be missed [by me].

JBedford

Pro Adventurer
AKA
JBed
Biggs sounds like the same as in the original trailer. Jessie just says two words but is believably the same actor.

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
unfortunately, i think the likelihood of placeholders was vanishingly small to begin with. that tweet means absolutely nothing but i [detective voice] am suspicious given how much cloud sounds like REmake leon Kennedy in the teaser.

unless square hits us with the double reverse spinaroonie and/or pulls something kojima like having cloud use his original VO after the lifestream sequence, it is probably safe to assume all the english voices have been recast. even the secondary characters like biggs and jessie (who i suspect are now gideon emery and kimberly Brooks, respectively) do not sound how they initially did.

but. as i said. burton's recordings always sounded like he was killed last week [by me] and they brought the corpse out. and so he will not be missed [by me].

*Sighs in sadness, fury and disappointment* Which makes my point more sense since the placeholder thing just for this trailer doesn't make sense and a waste of time. I'll definitely miss Steve Burton if he isn't the Remake which ultimately means he and Tifa's original voice actress won't be in anymore Dissidia NT updates or the possible sequel(if that rumor is true). And I'm certain other fans of the Advent Children English Cast will miss them too.

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
Well, I will because I've gotten too used to them. I hate it when they change voice actors, and to think that they replaced Steve Burton AFTER he confirmed to be returning on his twitter account only two years ago only for everyone to find out that no, it's not happening at all without being informed ahead, that's just...Ugh. To me it makes it sound like that either Square decided to secretly replace him and everyone else like they ended up doing with Kairi's original voice actress or Steve had lied just to get his fans hopes up.

But...Nothing anyone can do about it.

Last edited:

Aranea

Lv. 25 Adventurer
They better keep some of these dialogues. I always found the last option quite funny.
9855ECFD07F1BCC83DD1DB2EC981DE12A3EC42AE

leadmyskeptic

Pro Adventurer
I used to pick that one for giggles (esp playing these as a young'n, I used to always try to pick "what I would say) and then was repeatedly baffled why I didn't get as Pharmacy Coupon, so I'd end up having to eat at the diner like 6 times before I got it right, lol.

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
Desperately hoping for the Tifa reveal, like a lot of other people. Otherwise, I think the contents of the next big info-dump would depend on how much hype they're looking to build and how far along the remake actually is. I imagine we might get a look at sector 7 and the 7th heaven bar (Johnny, anyone?) and maybe some stuff from the shinra building and the motorcycle chase. I'd be shocked if we got outside midgar, since that's what all the material of the remake has focused on so far. If they really wanted to blow people away, they'd tease cloud in his dress.

Sprites

Waiting for something
AKA
Gems
Most of me wants gameplay footage of Tifa and some new locations shown in June and a release date but....The cheesyness and absolute corniness in me wants them to show if they release new footage in June that includes Tifa for them to not showcase her until the very end of the trailer with a shot of the back of Cloud in 7th Heaven then the camera pans over his shoulder to Tifa with her back turned like she does on the original game talking to marlene and then for her to turn around and smiling go "Welcome home Cloud" end it there and end with coming <insert date here>. Something about that I'd they did it that way would absolutely send me into a mess.

Claymore

3x3 Eyes
But there are so many ridiculous enemies, everyone keeps singling Hell House as if it is the epitome of silliness or with the potential of greatness. I just don't get it personally.

Highwind

Pro Adventurer
Hellhouse is so iconic because it's one of the first "silly" monsters that you encounter really early in the game. There are millions of people who started playing FFVII and never completed it, but I bet most of these folks encountered and remember Hellhouse.

It would be awesome if Hellhouse looks like any other house in the remake and if you come too close, it attacks you all of a sudden and transforms. :D

ForceStealer

Double Growth
I loved using that enemy for grinding. If you let every smaller one come out you get more experience, and it's not a hard fight.

And yeah, I do second the confusion at the obsession with HellHouse. The reasons stated here are fair enough, but to be honest I don't think it ever really even got my attention when I was first playing the game.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Sure, but that basically tells you what it's going to look like, right?

I'm more curious about those mutant clawed things with kanji on their arms that shoot tiny lasers at you, or those parrots (?) that cast Fire, the dudes on the stairway to the pillar that have helicopter arms who are never seen again, or the poison guys that are just a vaguely man-shaped collection of sewer pipes, and what are those bladed blue ribbon eel things in the Shinra building? And that's all just stuff in Midgar :monster:

A killer house in the slums is basically a Mimic. Don't get me wrong, I'm excited to see every enemy. I've just always found the fixation on the Hell House, especially when it's placed up there with the entire Wall Market sequence in "HOW WILL THEY DO IT?!"-ness, odd.

Last edited:
Top Bottom