• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Most Missed

Most missed?

• CK

Votes: 5 11.4%
  • Mira

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • A

Votes: 6 13.6%
  • hito

• Fairheartstrife

Votes: 2 4.5%
  • Isabella

Votes: 12 27.3%
  • DLPB

Votes: 2 4.5%
  • Mitch Connors

• Cloud_S

Votes: 4 9.1%
  • Mantichorus

Votes: 10 22.7%

• Total voters

Kikyou

just a fleeting memory
AKA
M-Mira, crackitlackin, Izaya Orihara, SAILOR NARU, Sharon Rainsworth, Mara, Brosuke Hanamura, Commissioner Gordon, Santa Claus, Lenneth Valkyrie
WAT
WHY AM I IN THE POLL WHEN I AM RIGHT HERE???
AND HITO TOO?

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
*plays a sweet song of memory for kris/manti*

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
A forever. <='(

tumblr_lisw37VYHo1qfsmvk.jpg

DLPB2

Banned
I don't miss 95% of you. In my time away from this freak show of yours, I have actually managed to get things done and at the same time communicate with people who can actually understand basic logic and reason. I have no desire to rejoin your clique here as I don't miss freaks.

The reason I am back is to send a PM in the hope that they will put the past behind them and move on to help with the ongoing project at Qhimm's. We have now translated 16% of the game dialogue and created a tool to edit all text in the game using simple text documents.

forumsXqhimmXcom/indexXphp?topic=11944.0

However, the project

forumsXqhimm.com/indexXphp?topic=11867.0

could benefit from 1 person here who has a brain, so let's hope he at least adds me to MSN or Skype so we can discuss some stuff. The idea here is to make this translation as good as it can be using corrections, our own localisation and Michael Baskett's original localisation.

Sometimes in order to make the translation work, it needs the input of people who understand the game story intricately and other times understand the subtleties of Japanese.

Other than that, the rest of you can fuck off :P Crazy freaks and fanboys can't help me.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
In my time away from this freak show of yours, I have actually managed to get things done and at the same time communicate with people who can actually understand basic logic and reason.
We have now translated 16% of the game dialogue and created a tool to edit all text in the game using simple text documents.

We had tits and lesbians in the meantime.

12899522411284578592511.gif

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
Alex, Ashes, Pennywise, Bill Weasley, Jack's Smirking Revenge, Sterling Archer
I honestly cannot remember who this guy is.

But I can't be the only one to be amused by the irony of someone who is apparently working on a retranslation project for the whole game calling other people fanboys.

Fangu

Great Old One
could benefit from 1 person here who has a brain, so let's hope he at least adds me to MSN or Skype so we can discuss some stuff.
We're very protective of our Swede. If you so much as curl a hair on his head we'll poke out your eyes with an old PS1 disc.

;)

Last edited:

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Yes DLPB, you are obviously a being vastly superior to all of us lowly humans, unworthy of your attentions and every word you utter. Please accept our humble apologies for shunning you, we were ignorant and our baser minds were unable to conceive your greatness; teach us, ye keeper of knowledge and wisdom, that we may bask in the light of your benevolence.

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
I don't miss 95% of you. In my time away from this freak show of yours, I have actually managed to get things done and at the same time communicate with people who can actually understand basic logic and reason. I have no desire to rejoin your clique here as I don't miss freaks.

The reason I am back is to send a PM in the hope that they will put the past behind them and move on to help with the ongoing project at Qhimm's. We have now translated 16% of the game dialogue and created a tool to edit all text in the game using simple text documents.

forumsXqhimmXcom/indexXphp?topic=11944.0

However, the project

forumsXqhimm.com/indexXphp?topic=11867.0

could benefit from 1 person here who has a brain, so let's hope he at least adds me to MSN or Skype so we can discuss some stuff. The idea here is to make this translation as good as it can be using corrections, our own localisation and Michael Baskett's original localisation.

Sometimes in order to make the translation work, it needs the input of people who understand the game story intricately and other times understand the subtleties of Japanese.

Other than that, the rest of you can fuck off :P Crazy freaks and fanboys can't help me.
>dude complains about how people can't understand the subtleties of japanese
>calls everyone fanboys

FUCK WE NEED DAVE HERE JUST TO EXPLAIN ALL THESE IRONIES
WE NEED VRISKA CAUSE SHE HAS ALL THESE IRONIES IN THE FIRE

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
Yes DLPB, you are obviously a being vastly superior to all of us lowly humans, unworthy of your attentions and every word you utter. Please accept our humble apologies for shunning you, we were ignorant and our baser minds were unable to conceive your greatness; teach us, ye keeper of knowledge and wisdom, that we may bask in the light of your benevolence.

We are but flunkies before his magnificence.

DLPB2

Banned
Also, it's been like 2 years and you're only through %16 percent of the game? That's fucking terrible, lol.

Well I can't leave that ignorant comment get away. First, thanks for taking the time to look at the effort that I have placed into the game elsewhere. I have a life too you know, and can't be expected to do everything instantly. I was in charge of a few projects.

1. Menu Overhaul (completely sort the menu placement and give it a HD upgrade) this took months and is now up to M004d. The next M005 is pretty much the end of that project.

2. Merged with that project is now the retranslation project which was placed on hold until all other projects were near completed, and at the same time, we lack Japanese translators. The sad truth is, only 2 people took up the challenge. One of those has seemingly dropped out due to being busy so it has been me and luksy.

3. Moving on from that, we couldn't translate the game properly until tools were created to do the job properly. Luksy's touphScript has now done this. I worked with him in ideas and sometimes technical advice and he programmed the whole thing, so it now edits every single piece of text in the game and it encodes at run time.

4. It took me only a week to catch up on the dialogue that WAS translated. Luksy and Defade also have lives you know. 16% is actually pretty good given how hard it has been to get the man power. Instead of criticising, realise that I am not a Japanese speaker and I rely on Japanese people to help. As I said, only 2 took up the challenge of serious translation. We are now down to me and Luksy, who has been very busy completing tS up until now.

5. The other project I completed also took a month and was the FMV restoration project. This was also necessary for the retranslation project. Each frame was extracted, fractalised and encoded back.

watch?v=foRq4OoFrV0 youtube.

If I was a Japanese speaker, the whole game would now be translated. IT is not as simple as it looks, and the non dialogue is completed. See Qhimm's. It has been a combination of numerous lengthy projects.

The familiar pattern I see around forums, is "criticise but do nothing". Well, some of us decided we will get off our backsides and work on it. It is easy for you to say "16% lol" but you have no idea the amount of work involved, including the numerous projects I have had to do, and are speaking from a point of pure ignorance.

DLPB2

Banned
No edit for me, so a few mistakes there but you get the idea.

People like you are the reason I left this shit hole and the reason I am glad I did. Just a bunch of nay-sayers who do nothing but are very good at laughing at peoples hard work. I dare say if you ever get the PC game you will be off the Qhimm's to load up on the mods that many contributors have made, how very easy for you.

Anyway, bottom line is, I did not come back to be pestered by low life such as yourself. I've done what I came to do, and luckily not everyone is as nonconstructive and useless as you. :joy:

I welcome constructive debate and criticism, and corrections, rather than puerile rubbish. If anyone wants to help with the projects it is easy to find me. That way we get a translation that is well rounded and accurate. So far, it has gone very well, although it will need a once-over at the end.

Good bye.

DLPB2

Banned
Oh one other thing, since the translation is now in full flow, I have estimated the time it will take as 6 months. That depends on the availability of Japanese translators. We are now working map by map but some of the bigger ones are already done.

6 months is a fair estimate. If I could speak Japanese, it would be done in a month. That's all :)

Daniel.

Top Bottom