Mother!

Really great movie. Great performances, even if Jennifer Lawrence doesn't seem like it at first. By the end, it makes sense.

It's the tale of the Bible/humans from the point of view of Mother Earth, and how destructive humanity is to her, even when we try to help.
There's a few things I don't quite get the meaning of, but that could just be my lack of knowledge of the Bible. Like the thing in the toilet.

No. :desu:

That said, there's plenty of room for other interpretations. Based off some of Aronofsky's past movies though, that's what I'm leaning towards.

Last edited:

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
I've never heard of this movie up until now, :monster:. I do have a bit of a hard-on for Aronofsky though.

But not for Black Swan, I noped the fuck out of that one :monster:

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.
It was batshit crazy and I'm still thinking about it nearly two days later after seeing it.

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
I saw someone who referred to this film as an allegorical riff on the Monty Python sketch, "The Visitors" — thoughts?

X :neo:

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
Been wondering why they refuse to show it here, now seeing the spoilers, it all makes sense. I'll just get it off a legal streaming site when it's released.

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
The Middle east.

fqtfk.jpg

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Oh god, I'm sorry I thought you were asking me where I live! :lol: Very well, I don't like going by my old aliases but rules are rules.

AvecAloes

Donator
Sorry, yeah, I meant "who", I tend to drop the first word of sentences sometimes which I realize is confusing.

Top Bottom