• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Ms. Marvel (Kamala Kahn) [Marvel]

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
This is one comic where if you guys are not reading it then you must start reading it, now. Dooooo it.

I can't tell you how much I love Kamala. She's a fantastic character. I feel like she is someone everyone can relate to in some capacity. Making her into an inter-nerd fangirl who writes fanfiction already covers the majority of the fanbase.

kamalakhanfanfic.png

Making her Muslim was also a nice win for diversity in the Marvel universe. It's nice to not see the same ol' same ol' all the time. It also gives girls in a vastly under-represented demographic someone to look up to.

10257071_250737158443426_8704910404906981483_o_zpsc106ea1e.jpg

I love the weird hat she wears.

thumb.jpg

I love that she writes My Little Pony/Avengers crossover fanfics.

3a0ba1275e7d07f27a579e77cc0b5afe.jpg

I love her reaction to meeting other superheroes.

MqrCFAp.png

tumblr_n8t9s8PwGz1qcejybo5_250.png

I just love her. <3

Check out her comic if you haven't already.

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
Her fangirl combat moment with Spidey was classic, too.

But, yeah. This is a great comic, and I love it to pieces.

X :neo:

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
I was going to post a pic of her with Spidey but I couldn't find any with text on the internet and I was too lazy to take a pic myself. :monster:

It was cute how she spent practically the whole time asking him questions about Carol. :awesome: But I'm curious how she knew about their date. It must be common knowledge in the Carol Corps. That's both hilarious and awkward.

Last edited:

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
I might actually get this one and the new Thor next. Looks fun. :P

(Btw, what's up with how Wolverine looks here? :P)

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
I might actually get this one and the new Thor next. Looks fun. :P

(Btw, what's up with how Wolverine looks here? :P)

He's wearing armor that SpOck made him, because he lost his healing factor and that's the way that he could fight without getting the everliving shit kicked out of him (and he's now dead).

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Well, Wolverine does seem a bit overly-boxy in that pic. :P

MSMARV2014012-6849e.jpg

Kamala vs. Loki on Valentine's day? Shenanigans are about to ensue.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
A pic of Kamala's family and her friend Bruno. I really love this art style for the series.

579300_514803891960958_132694989_n.jpg

Bruno is the only one who knows Kamala's secret identity he also totally has a crush on her.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Bought the first collected volume recently.

Reminds me a bit of Spider-Man so far, what with the juggling of teenager problems and superhero problems. I like it. :monster:

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Oh oh oh and here we go. When Kamala met Spidey.

Okay so technically this is from an issue of Amazing Spider-Man but I think it goes better here.

AmazingSpider-Man7-p.9.jpg

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
Oh, c'mon - the best moment is AFTER that, when & HOW he snaps her out of fangirl mode.

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
Oh man she's sooooo cool!!! I hope she's in the MCU somehow! At least a supporting character! :'D! Adorable man!

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Well, since Marvel intends to include both Carol Danvers as well as
the Inhumans
it's totally within the realm of possibility. :monster:

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
I hope if they complete Thanos' grand finale and make a Captain Marvel sequel it will feature Carol AND Kamala as the two Marvels. :DDD

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Yeah, it makes me kind of worried. Her series hasn't been around that long, and now Secret Wars is going to change everything? :/

Or maybe not. Maybe her series will just keep on going?

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
I haven't continued reading yet but I'm skipping any of this event nonsense. What little I read of it is exactly what made me hesitant to get into comics in the first place. That whole silly multiverse collapsing nonsense. This type of story is exactly where you're losing me.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
Well to be fair, Marvel's doing it to put all their stories in one place by doing all of the big-picture-multiverse-event-nonsense. Plus, I'm excited about a lot of the titles from Secret Wars (mostly X-Men-related).

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Okay, so I've fallen behind on posting about comics. Each time I get an issue I intend to scan pages and make big huge posts and then I never get around to it. :P But Ms. Marvel has been pretty awesome lately, so here's a run down on what's been going on and why it is extremely important that everyone read it.

For starters, Kamala meets a boy named Kamran. He is practically perfect for her in every way. He plays the same MMORPG she does, he likes all the same Bollywood movies she does, they have a lot of shared experiences and religious views, and he is also very handsome.

On top of that, his parents are friends with Kamala's parents, they are Pakistani-American and Muslim, and the reason they are in town for a visit is because Kamran just got accepted to MIT. Meaning this is a guy Kamala's parents would totally approve of.

Then there is the icing on the cake.
Kamran is an Inhuman with super powers just like Kamala.

Absolutely perfect, right? Maybe too pefect?

Turns out he was involved with a smaller faction of Inhumans who want to overthrow Medusa. They were getting up to some pretty nasty stuff. But the big thing to come out of this was how they interacted with each other, and the implications those interactions have.

They of course want Kamala to join them, but she's unsure. Kamran tries to guilt her into the whole deal, telling Kamala that she chose to go with him, that she chose to get into his car, that basically all of this was her fault because maybe she should have known better. It is essentially an analogy for rape culture.

Kamala's confidence wavers. Maybe she is at fault. Maybe she led Kamran on and now she's an awful person who deserves this. Maybe.

But in the end she decides that no, that's not true, and she tells them all no, she will not join them.

It was beautiful. <3

And now, #16 is out, tying in to Secret Wars. Kamala is stuffing her face at a hotdog stand, broken hearted, when she notices mass panic all around them. People are swimming across the water from Manhattan, riots are breaking out, all because something big was going down across the way. I think we all know what.

Kamala crosses the water, and the moment she steps foot on Manhattan she see's Earth-1610 floating above them.
But it's odd that people outside of Manhattan apparently cannot see it. You can only see it if you are at the point of contact. Could be big implications for Secret Wars?

That being said, Kamala goes back to Jersey City and tells everyone to take shelter in her school's gymnasium.

She goes to check on her family and finds that Kamran is there. He wants to test the terrigen mist on her brother to see if he is Inhumn, too. Kamran runs off, guilt tripping Kamala about not being home to take care of her family like she should. But with all the chaos, she can't go after him. She tells her parents to go to the school to take shelter. I'm assuming this will be touched upon later.

At the school, Kamala realizes how bad things are getting, and how everyone she loves is all packed together in one room. It becomes too much for her emotionally and she goes up on the roof to calm down.

kamalarooftop_zpsna4cvt0a.jpg

But just WHO is on the roof with her?

:awesomonster:

carokamalarooftop_zps20zv2ger.jpg

dun dun dun...

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Tenny said:
But it's odd that people outside of Manhattan apparently cannot see it. You can only see it if you are at the point of contact.
I can explain this.

It's explained in the first issues of Jonathan Hickman's "New Avengers" how the Incursions go down. One important detail is that the other Earth is only visible within the Incursion Zone (i.e. the point of contact, as you called it).

Top Bottom