Muse and Twilight

Kikyou

just a fleeting memory
AKA
M-Mira, crackitlackin, Izaya Orihara, SAILOR NARU, Sharon Rainsworth, Mara, Brosuke Hanamura, Commissioner Gordon, Santa Claus, Lenneth Valkyrie
I was skimming through a few Muse videos on youtube and read some comments. People were complaining that a certain song is ruined now because of the Twilight movie. But is it that big of a deal? Something like vampire baseball game wouldn't change the composition or the lyrics. I mean, I find new artists or songs to like through the radio, TV shows, and movies all the time. Especially the oldies. If you like a song, then that's what matters, right?

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
Alex, Ashes, Pennywise, Bill Weasley, Jack's Smirking Revenge, Sterling Archer
People are crying over the fact they used that song in the movie? Rofl fanbrats.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
The fact that they actually watched Twilight and know that their f4v0rit3 s0ng (to which they l1st3n t0 all the tym, hwile having s3xx0rz wit they're h4nd) is in there says enough about them, :monster:.

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
OMG MAN MUSE ARE SUCH DIRT SELL OUTS AND I'M NEVER GOING TO LISTEN TO THEIR MUSIC EVER EVER AGAIN OMG

Ravynne Nevyrmore

that one Lucrecia fangirl
AKA
Ravynne
I really like the song Decode by Paramore, and I think Twilight is a blight on humanity. But I think no less of the song. And I guess Paramore is like "the Twilight band" now because they have two songs on the soundtrack or something.

In fact Paramore has kind of an annoying reputation themselves because of all the fangirls/fanboys of that lead singer, but I really like that song and CrushCrushCrush. I don't know much about the band otherwise, and I really don't care.

Also,
mira said:
I was skimming through a few Muse videos on youtube and read some comments.
There's your problem. See my sig.

Lawliet

Nothing but a Beast
AKA
Derek, Haywire, faggot-not-scott-L
i would have to concur vehemently with that :monster:

I can't count how many times I've went to listen to Gallows on youtube and kids are saying that they're an emo band... lawl :wacky:

I personally ignore people who make a big deal out of things like that...

So it was used in a movie that a large majority of people I speak with think is probably worse than the grudge; utter shit... who cares?

no ones makin' me watch the movie, and it doesn't effect muse's performance. at least it better not, im hopin to see them this October :wacky:

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
I can't count how many times I've went to listen to Gallows on youtube and kids are saying that they're an emo band... lawl
lolled.jpg

Bex

fresh to death
AKA
Bex
I like supermassive black hole. it's a pretty cool song - thrusts bassist into centre stage and doesn't afraid of anything

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
Why the hell do people still read Youtube comments?

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
I'm just saying, I stopped reading them years ago.

The comments sections on Youtube are a breeding ground for stupidity and rage.

Kikyou

just a fleeting memory
AKA
M-Mira, crackitlackin, Izaya Orihara, SAILOR NARU, Sharon Rainsworth, Mara, Brosuke Hanamura, Commissioner Gordon, Santa Claus, Lenneth Valkyrie
Sometimes you do get fun convos or a good lulz from youtube comments. Though the comments on Abraham Lincoln tributes or Schindler's List vids made my blood pressure rise. I tend to run into the former than the latter more often.

This though, this is irritating because it isn't just Supermassive Black Hole videos that have these kinds of comments with the word "Twilight" in them, but pretty much any Muse-related video.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Which is easily remedied by not reading them.

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
So has anybody heard the new Muse album? If not, I suggest you do so now before you reek of suck.

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
lol I hate Twilight and yet I love Muse. At least, I love their sound. Twilight does not ruin Muse for me though because I already liked it before Twilight was like "lol an is bellaz favrit band cuz iz so gud". :monster:

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
I love Muse... and I also love Flyleaf. Just because their songs are used in the Twatlight movie, doesn't mean I'm going to hate their music now. Unfortunately it's a popular movie, that's going to feature some popular music.

Well, there's life for ya.

looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi
Muse is one of my favourite bands... and Supermassive Black Hole is a sexy as hell song. I like Paramore as well, though not nearly as much.

In fact, my initial reaction when I learned Muse was going to be in the soundtrack was more along the lines of "Oh jeez... the Twilight soundtrack features Muse. Does this mean Twilight has risen in cool points!?"

KissTheRain

reality is a prison
AKA
jailbait
I've seen good songs in bad movies all the time, I mean that's just gay. And for Twilight just about every good piano song has been dubbed as "Bella's Lullaby" even after an offical one came out.

So overall, you shouldn't judge a song because of what movie it is in and Twilight fans are nuts. -_-

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
I don't see how a band having a song in a movie really means anything. I mean, they are making music like bands are SUPPOSED to do. I don't like Twilight, sure, but really? Having a song in a movie ruins you?

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
I don't see how a band having a song in a movie really means anything. I mean, they are making music like bands are SUPPOSED to do. I don't like Twilight, sure, but really? Having a song in a movie ruins you?

So would you be alright with Muse letting Neo-Nazis use their music in a recruitment movie?

It's just a band making music like they're SUPPOSED to do, right? Who cares what movie its in.

Exactly. Same logic applies here.

Sublime

Gravitas? What gravitas?
That's rather retarded. As lame as Twighlight is it doesn't make Muse any less awesome.

I've yet to buy the new album because I cba goign into town. I'll be seeing them live in november though so all is well. I'm weary though that there may be a few emos who watch twighlight and now have new found love for Muse there. Just as there were emos last time I saw them who were purely there to see My Chemical Toilet(Romance).

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
So would you be alright with Muse letting Neo-Nazis use their music in a recruitment movie?

It's just a band making music like they're SUPPOSED to do, right? Who cares what movie its in.

Exactly. Same logic applies here.

Uh... no.

One is fictional tween romance, the other is a real-life group of people making a real-world statement.

laurence

Pro Adventurer
Muse and twilight were a horrible match (the baseball game really ruined the movie :( ). Either way twilight was terrible. Doesn't mean i don't like Muse. Their new album's really got it. :)

Teva

hai a/s/l plz?
AKA
Queen of Sunshine / QoS / Suiseiseki / Desudesudesu / Teva / Teva'ni
"Omgz gaiz dey liek ttly put thiz Muse song on diz Twilight shit and it's fukin' up mai whoooole lief!!111 O noes liek y did dey do daaaaat? They're such fukin' sellouts!1111"

Oh shut up, as much as Twilight sucks, the fact that Muse's music is featured on the soundtrack doesn't lessen their reputation as a band. Expect music that the shitty author personally selected for her book's play list to be featured in the movies. Muse is still a pretty awesome band. Twilight still sucks. The movie doesn't define the band's reputation--that's what the band's music is for, duh.

Vorona

affirmative.
AKA
Aerina, Elle
The funny thing is that Supermassive Blackhole had already been out for about 2 years before the film came out anyway, so it's not like they even specifically wrote it for the soundtrack or anything :monster:

I love Muse, I dislike Twilight. Therefore I just ignore Twilight like any other sane person does :awesome:

Top Bottom