My First Comic Kickstarter Is LIVE!!!

vaderSW1

Dark Knight of the Red Wings
Hey guys, I thought I'd post this here. I'm very excited to announce that my company, Onword Entertainment, has just launched the Kickstarter for it's first comic: SHAM!

We've got some very cool rewards for pledging! Even if you can't pledge, we'd certainly appreciate any word of mouth that you could spread for the campaign.

Check out the Kickstarter campaign and let me know if you have any questions!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1096631029/sham/

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Jason Tandro, Doc Brown, Santa Christ, FearAddict, Thibault Stormrunner, RN: Micah Rodney
Been share-whoring it for you and put in my $35 pledge. I really hope you get it funded man!

RedFFWolf

Donator
Very best of luck going forward, and hope it realises its full potential :)

Hope what I've pledge is just the start of much more to come your way!

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Jason Tandro, Doc Brown, Santa Christ, FearAddict, Thibault Stormrunner, RN: Micah Rodney
I know you're probably relying on a lot of word of mouth, but have you considered sinking a few bucks into Facebook / Google Marketing? Even a week-long campaign with a modest budget can reach thousands of people.

vaderSW1

Dark Knight of the Red Wings
Super cool! Good luck with everything. :)

Thank you so much Tenny!

JasonTandro said:
Been share-whoring it for you and put in my $35 pledge. I really hope you get it funded man!

Thank you so much for the pledge and for helping us spread the word! I can't even begin to fully express my gratitude.

Tetsujin said:
It ain't much but I pledged

Thank you very much Tets! Every little bit helps! I really appreciate the pledge!

Lex said:
Congrats!

Thank you kind sir!

RedFFWolf said:
Very best of luck going forward, and hope it realises its full potential

Hope what I've pledge is just the start of much more to come your way!

Thank you very much for your very pledge Red! I noticed you didn't select a reward tier for your pledge. Did you not want any of the rewards we were offering?

JasonTandro said:
I know you're probably relying on a lot of word of mouth, but have you considered sinking a few bucks into Facebook / Google Marketing? Even a week-long campaign with a modest budget can reach thousands of people.

Yeah I have been very seriously considering running an ad through Google and Facebook both. I'm also looking at a few other marketing options as well. I haven't made up my mind quite yet on who all I am going to pay for advertising but that is definitely on the way.

RedFFWolf

Donator
Thank you very much for your very pledge Red! I noticed you didn't select a reward tier for your pledge. Did you not want any of the rewards we were offering?

I didn't select one, aye. It's something I haven't done on any Kickstarter project. The opportunity to support someone's work is all I require; I don't really look for anything in return, and it's a way for you to save on resources. I'm just pretty bad at receiving things, in general :P
(Just ask JT how unbearably indecisive and unwilling I was to receive anything after the Halloween Fanworks contest :lol:)

JasonTandro said:

Yeah I have been very seriously considering running an ad through Google and Facebook both. I'm also looking at a few other marketing options as well. I haven't made up my mind quite yet on who all I am going to pay for advertising but that is definitely on the way.

Do set up a FB page; it can be a helpful landing spot for information. What you might want to consider from that is promotion through whatever relevant Share-4-Shares, whereby you ask a page to share yours, and you in return will share theirs. Targeting the right page/group is much more likelier to yield greater engagement, as the target audience is more relevant and interested. I've used FB ads before, as has someone I know from this forum, and both of us pretty much know that the likes you receive don't give you near enough the engagement level and post reach you'd expect. However, very specific and clever targeting may nonetheless prove beneficial, and if you feel up to it then go; otherwise Google might yield better results. I have heard of Twitter being a good way to promote one's work, too.

Last edited:
Top Bottom