My Hero Academia: One's Justice

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X

This feels VERY much like it's in the spirit of CC2's Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm series, and I am all about it. I just started diving into MHA this weekend, and I'm loving the hell out of it, so this is exactly what I need in my life right now.

X :neo:

solo player sab

normie trash
AKA
Sab
I just started diving into MHA this weekend, and I'm loving the hell out of it, so this is exactly what I need in my life right now.

Isn’t MHA INCREDIBLE?? I’ve been foaming at the mouth wanting to talk about it with folks here, but I wasn’t sure if anyone else watched it!

As for the game, I haven’t played one of these types of games in AGES but I’m willing to pick it up again since it’s MHA... :lol: who wouldn’t wanna Baltimore Smash on some foolz?

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
I'm like 3 episodes into MHA and I am PUMPED for this game. Quality definitely looks on the level of Naruto Storm games and it seems like anime fighting games are getting a lot of love now. Between this and the Kill La Kill game I'm real optimistic. :D

solo player sab

normie trash
AKA
Sab
There’s a KILL LA KILL GAME!?!?

You’re right, I’ve been seeing more and more anime fighting games cropping up lately. Now I feel like I’ve been missing out.

I’m excited for you guys to get further in the series! It only gets better, imo...

Geostigma

Pro Adventurer
AKA
gabe
I just started diving into MHA this weekend, and I'm loving the hell out of it, so this is exactly what I need in my life right now.

Isn’t MHA INCREDIBLE?? I’ve been foaming at the mouth wanting to talk about it with folks here, but I wasn’t sure if anyone else watched it!

As for the game, I haven’t played one of these types of games in AGES but I’m willing to pick it up again since it’s MHA... :lol: who wouldn’t wanna Baltimore Smash on some foolz?

DETRROOIIIIIT SMAAAAAAAAAAAASH.

I fucking love this show. I've only seen the first 30 episodes so far but think its been an incredible ride so far. I'm not a big Anime guy so dont have a huge pool outside of the Toonami classics to compare against but this is probably the best anime ive seen so far ever lol.

I'm fully caught up on the series, and there was an episode that actually made me cry. Not from sadness, or anything, but, let me just say that All Might is one of my favorite heroes now, because of that episode. It also really hit me, how well his look is designed, in that episode. I don't wanna hype it up too much, since I may be the only one who cares, but I never thought a shonen anime would make me cry as a 32yr old.

The game itself, it just seems too similar to all the other shonen games, just with a MHA skin.

Last edited:

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X

Unlike the DBZ & Naruto games, it looks like the local voice cast wasn't included, which is KIND OF INSANE given how popular both versions are. Either way, this was apparently only mentioned like 4 days before the release of the game, and after a 3 month delay, I have to wonder what the reason for the delay was at all…

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
My major complaint right now is the distinct lack of subtitles throughout the game. Not much other than the game's menus are in English. There's so much voice work in this game and even multiple unlockable voice packs for each character. Sucks that I can't read what they're actually saying and can only understand like 20% of it. :(

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
I haven't gotten to spend more than an a couple of fights on it (did the first story mission, and did a couple random Vs. CPU battles), but how're you feeling about the combat? The attack configuration feels a little odd at first, though I am very used to the UNS series fighting style. It makes it so that things like the dash not tracking to the opponent, the way the camera doesn't follow you, and the support characters showing up really slowly feel like something I think I'll take a little bit to adjust to.

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
It definitely feels very floaty a lot of the time and the dashes are kind weird. I'm getting used to it. It's a lot more intuitive if you switch from 'Normal' to 'Manual' controls. Spamming square on normal has you floating around all over the place and often not connecting with the opponent.

50% of the time I'm playing Ochako though so the floatiness just works :monster:

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
One of the only two CPU matches I played was with Ochako and I got thoroughly wrecked. :awesomonster:

Hopefully I'll have some more time ta put into it in a few days.

I'll keep an eye on this thread ta see if you get a better hang on things.

Top Bottom