My Hero Academia [WSJ]

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
Caught up to the manga today (chapter 209)! Soooooo many awesome developments. Are any of you other fine folks caught up to current?

X :neo:

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
I put the manga on hold (ch.192), I have been distracted playing games and watching anime, will try catching up today or tomorrow.

I am quite interested in where the story will be taking the #1 Hero symbol and Endeavor.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
That's been SUPER interesting so far. Also, getting to see a lot more of class 1-B has been really nice in the most recent arc.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
Note: The manga keeps getting better and better.

I really like the visual implication that for Midoriya, One For All has been a quirk that's been active at 100% in his MIND before. His hand, where he's broken himself going above and beyond with full strength as a hero is shown, but so are his head and eyes. I feel like it's implying the places that he's been "freed" are where he's focused One For All in being a hero.

All Might never experienced this, because he channeled the quirk through his entire body almost from the start. So it seems like he never experienced the parts of the quirk that are supposed to help the fact that it's borrowed, and connects to everyone else.

That DOES mean, that when that connection is active, that All For One would technically be there as well, since he initially passed the Quirk to his brother. That's probably why he can hear them when Midoriya activates it.

I wonder if Toshinori/All Might will eventually be able to hear it as well, and that connection will be a key to overcoming All For One for good at some later point.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
In case anyone hasn't seen the movie, it'll be out soon:

The Japanese version had a teaser of the OVA, "All Might Rising"

Additionally, in a recent interview, he talks about how All Might's design was heavily inspired by Mike Mignola's Hellboy, which is especially apparent in Volume 1.

tumblr_inline_owuvnis9qD1s4i7wv_500.png

tumblr_inline_owuvn5OVRt1s4i7wv_500.png

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
HUGE STUFF just happened in the manga

One For All's power being cached gets impacted by the motivations that triggers it, and Deku lashing out in anger triggered Black Whip, which is a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT QUIRK, giving him a total of 6 powers to discover and master from the previous holders of the power.

I'm betting that All Might being singularly focused on his singular vision of heroics is related to him never seeing the previous wielders or unlocking these different powers.

Either way, the description and crystalization of the power has finally been explained!

Really curious if All Might Rising (the new OVA) will get us any hints about this.

CrashOuch

she/her
AKA
Sara
HERE IS SOME GUSHING!!!!

I loved it. I loved it so much. The nice speedy pacing that gets you through everything so nice and quick? I loved that. The characters? All my new favourites (except Mineta), I love them. The character development? I love it, so thorough. SO MUCH NON TOXIC MASCULINITY. LOVE THAT.

I just finished it and already I want to rewatch it all again. Like desperately. Like I'm contemplating paying for crunchyroll myself, that's how serious this is. I'm trawling everywhere for art and fics, the whole shebang. I just need more.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
I REALLY love that all of the characters in the series actually FEEL like they're kids in high school, and that they all have their own personal goals around being a hero and how they're pursuing that end for themselves, and the individual trials that they experience – which range from classic anime goodguy & badguy things to high school & life stuff.

One of my favourite things about the fan community is that by-and-large the dub & sub fans get along really well and they are REALLY awesome about trying to make sure that the anime-only crowd doesn't get spoiled (the YouTube comments on the upcoming Season teaser give me so much happiness for that reason).

You should seriously read the manga if you're looking for more, because HOLY FUCKING GODS. So much happens that will be in the upcoming season that I really need to talk about with someone still and I'm just bursting with excitement. (Also, if you have a chance to read them in the collected volumes, Kohei's personal notes and things in the manga volumes are absolutely just wonderful, and will make you love everything even more).

Also, once you catch up, Viz lets you read all the WSJ series at the same time as release for free now. :awesomonster:

CrashOuch

she/her
AKA
Sara
OOHHHHHHHHHHH I am itching cos I have nearly got spoiled a couple times now but @Joe says it's best to wait for the new series so blame him :monster:

But yes! I am so filled with glee at how well written all the characters are, it's such a breath of fresh air although maybe that speaks more to the nonsense I normally watch haha BUT yeah I adore each and every one of them, even if they're awful, because at least they have reasons for being awful!

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
Oh. My. Fucking. GODS.

This week's chapter was absolutely. fucking. NUTS.

Like... MHA has this ability to really build up these big moments and just cement them in your brain, like "Plus Ultra" "United States of Smash" to be really, deeply emotionally impactful and good god damn. I cannot WAIT to see this moment in the anime some day. I just experienced so many of all of the emotions and I CANNOT WAIT TO EXPERIENCE THEM ALL OVER AGAIN WITH VOICE ACTING AND MUSIC.

Also, I am ready to not be ready for all of those moments that are going to happen in Season 4.

CrashOuch

she/her
AKA
Sara
Hype hype hype! October can't come soon enough, tbh!

I've had to blacklist #bnhaspoilers on tumblr to save myself but I'm still SO tempted to click and look every time a new chapter drops :sob:

solo player sab

normie trash
AKA
Sab
S4 premiere is happening at Anime Expo in a couple of weeks! Gonna try to get in line but I’m almost certain it’s going to be ticketed or people are going to camp out for it like they did last year for the movie...

CrashOuch

she/her
AKA
Sara
OOMMGGGGGGG I'm so excited I can't wait to seeeee there are some characters I desperately wanna know more about it looks so great!

Aagghhhh that's so soon I hope you do get to see it Sab!!!

Top Bottom