My Hero Academia [WSJ]

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
Never expected to see this in an official product.

Deadpool Samurai on Shonen Jump Plus.

ogflz2mixdq61.jpg

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Is no one reading or watching My Hero this season??

Like, between the anime progress and the manga's, I'd have thought this thread would be poppin'.

I know the joint training arc between Class A and Class B is nearing its end, and the manga... Phew, shit's getting real.

Anyone following this? Anyone? :monster:

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
...Why am I so stupid that I didn't see that until you mentioned it????

When I saw that, I literally just tilted my head and went, "huh?" And figured it was some reference specific to another anime/manga that I wasn't familiar with :monster:

LMAO omg, that's funny.

I mean, I would say the manga developments and revelations over the dark side of hero society are worth some discussion :monster:

One thing I love about My Hero Academia is how it's been slowly peeling back the layers of this superhero based society, revealing just what kind of darkness exists in such a meritocratic quirk based society. To maintain that illusion of stability, so many people get sacrificed and thrown into the abyss.
The revelation of who Lady Nagant was, and what her real job was in the Hero Association was pretty chilling. Who could blame her for being disillusioned with heroes? I thought it was LOL when she said, "with All for One, you'll at least have transparency.
:monster:

For every honest Pro-Hero and genuine believer in peace and justice, you got like 20 assholes trying to make a fortune and not giving a fuck :monster:

Last edited:

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
Been keeping up on the manga (which has been impressively intense) but haven't yet managed to remember and have the time to dive back in to this season of the anime and get caught up, as I've been falling behind on my show watching with things. Very much gonna try and carve out a day or two to try and get that sorted soon though.

X :neo:

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Holy shit I'm dying ROTFLMAO Bakugo really knows how to be hilarious.

That was an awesome chapter. Hopefully Deku will get the sense knocked in him lol

Last edited:

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
My Hero Academia getting a live action movie, director Shinsuke Sato has signed on to direct a live-action adaptation for Legendary.

Shinsuke Sato previous directorial work:
  • Alice in Borderland (2020)
  • Kingdom (2019)
  • Inuyashiki (2018)
  • Bleach (2018)
  • Death Note: Light Up The New World (2016)
  • I'm a Hero (2015)
So the man has experience adapting manga/anime into live-action.

null

Mr. Thou
AKA
null
Sometimes while enjoying Japanese media, I get the faint impression they're slipping a bit of subtext into their cultural relationship with the US

waaat.png

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Would you expect anything else from the United States? :monster:

I fucking love this manga so much.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
All For One is about to embarrass the United States and I'm fucking here for it. :awesomonster:

Stars and Stripes? More like Jobber and Yikes when AfO gets a new fucking quirk thanks to Team USA.

Last edited:

null

Mr. Thou
AKA
null
I mean, it's a pretty thinly veiled allusion to how prime All Might vs AFO would play out now. AFO would absolutely beat the Plus Ultra out of him and take his lunch money. It's just another reason the Symbol of Peace / go-it-alone approach isn't viable going forward (probably another real world metaphor).

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Now now, let's not get carried away.

I'm loathe to believe All Might's real name is Jobber McJoberson. :monster:

Stars and Stripes is 100% doing "the job" to give us a preview of what a full-powered All For One/Shigaraki is, and to remind us of how much of a threat he is since he's recovered and now has fully incorporated the original All For One quirk. Like, As hyped Stars and Stripes is, she's literally just a job, there's no way she's as strong or capable as All Might or the One for All Quirk. That's not to say I think Toshinori could just solo All for One Shigaraki on his own, but I don't think Stars and Stripes is equivalent here. Just because she's the strongest doesn't mean she came close to All Might in his prime.

I'd love to be pleasantly surprised by her appearance but there's like.... no way I see her getting out of this in tact, let alone with a quirk. She's cool but she's such a job character it's hilarious.

Last edited:

null

Mr. Thou
AKA
null
Fair enough, "prime" is getting carried away. I don't think she's on par with All Might prior to his first AFO fight. Having said that, she studied under All Might, AFO thinks she's the "greatest obstacle" to his plans, and stealing her quirk basically means he's won the war (or so he thinks). So "closest approximation" to late stage All Might vs modern AFO.

Hopefully she lasts more than one chapter. Make me proud Star ?

Top Bottom