• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

My super-long FF7R inspired Fanfic

abigail

Lv. 25 Adventurer
AKA
Abbie
A03: Chrysalis Series Book One "Skyfall"
FF.Net: Chrysalis Series Book One "Skyfall"

A03: Chrysalis Series Book Two "Crossroads"
FF.Net: Chrysalis Series Book Two "Crossroads"

A03: Chrysalis Series Book 3 "Trapped"
FF.Net: Chrysalis Series Book 3 "Trapped"

A03: Chrysalis Series Book 4 "Remain"
FF.Net: Chrysalis Series Book 4 "Remain"

The first 4 chapters of Book 1 are up on A03. book 4's 4th draft is 80% done. So every chapter will have it's final coat of polish in time for it's planned release

Yeah, it's 4 novels worth of story I wrote last year. Anyone on tLS discord may have seen me ramble about it at any opportunity already. (as well as a few others, my record is waiting 20 minutes before mentioning this work in a new discord. or less. I made it two weeks, once)

The novel-guide is in the description on A03

for those that don't click the link:
fair warning: It's a portal fantasy/isekai. with several original characters (at first).
Book 1 pre-Crisis Core.
Books 2&3 is across Crisis Core
Book 4 is across from Remake.
Book 5 (or more?) will be outlined/written once I have Remake part 2 in my hands. And over examine it to death with tLS.
Very high chance this will go into AU territory in Book 5, and diverge from canon events very strongly. (even more than having OCs already)

Each book I tried to make a complete "arc" (beginning-middle-end) but it's still a continuous series (as in it's better to read the books in order).

big-big-big thanks to tLS community, even before I was a member. the fan translation on the website, of LifeStream Black/otwtas, was the lightbulb moment for this story. And I have fixed so much of the lore to be more true to canon, just listening to people talk about lore/opinions/theories on tLS discord.

note: A03 says it's a WIP, as in not all the chapters/novels are published yet. But books 1-4 are (pretty much) done offline. Just going to publish more chapters every 1-4 days

little story: i poured over Remake, the OG, ACC, & CC in April (i have poked at BC some). then wrote the first draft over a month. then decided to poke around fan communities to see what other people are saying about anything in FF7. and found my way here (well, tLS discord). and have been adjusting/tweaking this story ever since.

last warning: the canon-characters in book 1 are SUPER-brief in appearance. But that changes in Book2, by a lot.

Last edited:

BlueCollarNerd

Pro Adventurer
Just finished chapters 1-4. Found it interesting and am currious what happens to marin next. I did struggle with some things though.

Chapter 1
You didnt describe marin. All i got was that marin was 18 and liked her binders either because she has big breast or doesnt like her body because she is gay.(please dont hate if im using the wrong term things are way to complicated these days i mean no hate or disrespect)

I have no idea who ardyn is from ff15. So i dont know what he looks like, what hes doing when you say hes making ardyn faces or gestures. All i got was he has layers of scarfs, a fedora, umbrella, and redish purpleish hair. Is he tall, short, fat, skinny, is he even wearing a shirt, pants?!?!, or boots?

You used knives multiple times when describing the pain from snow in the same paragraph. It bothered me sorry.

Chapter 2
I liked your description of the tea, bread, and the drafty window of Janines room with glass that was hard to see detail through. This was good i could easily picture these.

I didnt like your lack of description of harold, shelly, and the icicle inn. At one point you mention marin sniffed a blanket but never said what it smelled like?

Chapter 3
I enjoyed the skiing portion and the events that followed but.

You say the OG FF7 didnt make the town look as big as it was in person. Yet we didnt get any other descriptions of it.

In the doctors office she is handed cure.
She cast cure making the hand movements the doctor shows her but then removes it from an armlet? When did marin get an armlet?

Chapter 4
Was excited about the departure from town and the fight.(the smell of the wolves hair burning must have been terrible up close when marin blasted the wolf off of jarvin)

Again you left me wondering what jarvin looked like.

abigail

Lv. 25 Adventurer
AKA
Abbie
yeah, in hindsight there are things i look back on and am like "really? 6 months and thats the best solution I could come up with?"

But I kept going and am willing to share what I have so far, warts and all. so criticisms are fair and understandable. And what I have completed is something, so there's that

BlueCollarNerd

Pro Adventurer
I had no attentions of discouraging you. Was only trying to offer some advice. Its better than anything i have done considering i havent tried to write a story since highschool.

Ill keep reading up till i reach the remake because i havent played it yet and dont want to spoil it. Ill keep my corrections to myself and only share what i like if.

abigail

Lv. 25 Adventurer
AKA
Abbie
oh no. you didn't discourage me at all. I'm just trying to be humble about how good or bad my writing is. i jsut enjoyed writing/editing this story enough that idecided to bite the bullet and share it in case someone can find enjoyment from it as well.

though in book 3 some remake things are being foreshadowed. overtly so. and it *is* an isekai/portal fantasy for a version of Earth in which the Remake is a game that exists there.

so for those that want to absolutely avoid remake spoilers, tread carefully in book 2 & epseically 3. or even wait on finishing remake before going thru book 3. but looking at my release schedule. that will be atleast a month from now

but book 4 is 100% all the remake spoilers.

so people that have or have not played remake or compilation games. can make that decision for themselves before diving in

abigail

Lv. 25 Adventurer
AKA
Abbie
I started posing chapters on my old FF(dot)net account. Had to blow off 8 years of dust. and throw the first 8 chapters on it in one sitting

I'm hoping by the end of today that chapter 11 will be up on both sites. and going forward I can add a single chapter to both websites the same day

abigail

Lv. 25 Adventurer
AKA
Abbie
Book Two, chapter 1 is now online.

Which also means that "Skyfall" is all done and visible

Enjoy

abigail

Lv. 25 Adventurer
AKA
Abbie
still with me? no?
well I kept posting chapters anyway, and book 3 is complete. and just started posting book 4. "Remain" is not one of the stronger arcs. but it's written

book 5 i'll write after i get Rebirth in my hands

Top Bottom