• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Need help to identify music from the Demo

Chocomog

Rookie Adventurer
AKA
Arthur Daniel
Hello community,

as you may know there were found arranged jukebox music on the PS4 Remake Demo that weren't in the final game.

I was able to get them from another forum. But I have troubles to identify the original melody of every song.

I would appreciate it, if you can help me. So I can give them their actual name.

I put all tracks on a youtube video with timestamp in the comment, to make as easy for you as possible.

It's 30 tracks in overall.

Best regards and thanks for help.

JBedford

Pro Adventurer
AKA
JBed
00:00 Gold Saucer
03:58 Final Fantasy theme
06:44 FFVII Main Theme
10:57 Crystal Theme
17:19 Lurking in the Darkness
17:48 Let the Battles Begin!
20:10 FFI Battle Theme
23:09 Under the Rotting Pizza
26:40 [FFIII] Battle 2
29:40 Honey Bee Inn
31:46 [FFIII] Eternal Wind
34:45 Fight On!
36:47 [FFVI] Terra's Theme
39:47 [FFV] Battle at the Big Bridge
42:46 [FFVI] Kefka's Theme
45:46 Crystal Theme
47:47 Farm Boy
49:02 Aerith's Theme
52:02 Costa del Sol
54:56 [FFIX] Something to Protect (Roses of May)
57:56 [FFIX ]Melodies of Life
60:55 [FFX] Fight With Seymour
63:55 [FFX] Zanarkand
66:55 [FFXI] Ronfaure
69:55
72:05
75:15 [FFXIII] Blinded by Light
78:04 [FFXIII] Blinded by Light (Lightning's Theme)
81:04 [FFXIII] The Promise
84:04 [FFXV] Apocalypsis Noctis

The two I didn't get I think I know, but I'm not going to waste time wracking my brain further.

Torrie

astray ay-ay-ay
@Chocomog wow, thanks for sharing! I'm genuinely amazed how much the remake still has for us to unpack.

I wonder why the music was cut eventually... Copyright issues? Or they decided to focus on FF7 exclusively?

Anywhoo, I did some googling in order to collect more info on these tracks and I found out that user Cordelia had already broken down the tracklist on the Resetera forum. Some info on the pre-existing albums included unless unknown.

Jukebox tracklist.jpg

Chocomog

Rookie Adventurer
AKA
Arthur Daniel
I wonder why the music was cut eventually... Copyright issues? Or they decided to focus on FF7 exclusively?

The music of the PC version is also full of parts of tracks from Advent Children Original, Advent Children Complete, Crisis Core and Dirge Of Cerberus. And with parts I literally meant they cutted out some seconds. But only for boss battles. So I guess it only was for testing the transitions before the records of the new arrangements were ready. And for me it seems like this is kind of the same. They never thought of putting them into the actual game. But they had to test the locations where you can find them and everything.

The PC version also included 3 unused tracks. I guess these are new. Never heard them. But I can post them later here to hear your opinion.

Dude, this is awesome! I got a feeling that all of those tracks existing somewhere. Maybe I will try to complete this list.

Chocomog

Rookie Adventurer
AKA
Arthur Daniel
So here are the 3 complete new unused tracks.

But they are actually sounding similar to the tracks which were used on the location where you can found those 3 tracks.

The first one seem to be a demo from "under cover of smoke".

The second one seem to be a demo from "Airbuster" or "S7-6 Annex Diversion" last phase.

The second one could be a demo from "All quiet at the gates".

I just called them unused track 1,2 and 3. Because it's not that much of a deal for only three songs. Or do you have any other idea?

Ghost X

Haha... listened to all the soundtracks trying to find the missing ones in Jbedford's post. They had lietmotifs I recognised from the right games, but I didn't find the right songs :P.

Chocomog

Rookie Adventurer
AKA
Arthur Daniel
So I found out all the unknown stuff and it was pretty easy but impossible to find back when. Because they are all in the game and you can find them on the FF7R related OST, Jazz album, acoustic album etc.

The only exception is Rose Of May. Didn't have done any research for this one. But it should be easy to find. Name and playlength of the song might help a lot.

Top Bottom