• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Neill Blomkamp's Oats Studios' Short Film Series

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X

It'll be interesting to see what comes of this, as I think that he'll benefit from having a number of tight, short-form, good-looking films in a series like this, because it seems to be where he really shines.

X :neo:

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Elysium and Chappie both seemed to be idk, too long to drive any point home? Not sure. Elysium had a giant plothole (no reason to withold easy / free medical care if it only costs power or whatever the miracle machine was), Chappie was a Short Circuit reboot starring his f4v0r1t3 pop stars.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X

Really looking forward to seeing how weird that these can be. It'd be cool if this helped push more short films and little projects and things, since there're some really quality ones floating around the internets.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
I think the real question is budget vs revenue. Is there a paying market for short movies, or do people just expect to be able to see them for free on the internets? I mean I know youtube pays monies for views, but I don't think it'd cover the costs for a project with this much CGI.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X

This top one, "Larke" is currently unavailable, but it uploaded about a half hour before Rakka, so I'd expect that it might become available at some point soonish? (Google's search for it lists it at 1:14)

REALLY enjoy this sorta stuff, and Rakka was pretty damn excellent for a little sci-fi vignette with a solid budget.

Also, it looks like you can officially support them over on Steam: http://store.steampowered.com/app/633030/Oats_Studios__Volume_1/

And there's an interview all about it on the Verge: https://www.theverge.com/2017/6/14/...xperimental-sci-fi-film-rakka-watch-interview

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
This short film came out a little over a year ago:

OATS did a follow-up to Chapter 1 just now

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X

Cool to see all the BTS work that goes into making something like this, and what they consider and how they go about accomplishing the various things for what's still a relatively small studio.

Top Bottom