New Admin Election

Which of the following candidates should be added to the admin team of TLS?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Up until now, myself and X-Soldier have been the main administrators of TLS, however, X's activity hasn't been really consistent (as he indicated himself), and a single administrator on any forum is a potential risk - one could be away for an extended period, leaving the forum unattended (well, there's still the moderator(s), but you'd know how it goes, :monster: ).

The new administrator would mainly play the role of a community manager / overseer, One Admin to Rule them All, etc, where the extended access to the admin control panel would only have to be used for very specific issues, such as altering settings, staffing people, etc. As reasoned above, a backup with ACP access wouldn't be a bad idea (as long as they aren't batshit insane and shut down the entire forum whenever someone disagrees - mind I won't stand for that)

In the staff section, we've nominated the four above candidates. We've decided to go for a staff nomination (i.e. the current staff nominates the candidates) in this case due to the position of administrator being kinda important, and if it became a member vote, popularity would also become a large factor. Mind we've got nothing against member-nominated staff, and I'm personally in favor of having it all member-nominated if there's a need for more moderators, but that's something for the future.

We've come upon four potential candidates: Makoeyes987 (who should lose the numbers btw), who was nominated with the following reason:

Makoeyes was Administrator of ACF before it shut down, and he did a great job during that time.

Cookie Monster (aka Road) was self-nominated with the following reason:

I always willing to help, I'm an Admin at FCF so I'm pretty familiar with the ACP

Dacon was nominated with the following reasoning:

I'd also like to nominate Dacon. He was a Super Moderator on ACF, and he's shown he has extensive knowledge when it comes to entertainment(in all fields), and an ability to remain composed and unbiased. He can obviously be ruthlessly honest, but I only see that as a plus, tbh.

Finally, V was a last-minute nominee, probably due to his late entry into the site :monster:.

Since it seems Aaron is to posting more often, I'd nominate him as well. He'll be able to help with any tech issues if Yop isn't around.

And his own nomination (note that this one was made without him knowing about the admin nominations):

V said:
I'd probably poast a lot moar if I were staff on here. :monster: I can't promise to actually do anything other than poast however :wacky:

The poll will be up for 14 days, after which the results will be made known. I've set the poll to not display the current standings intentionally, so that people wouldn't just vote for the leading candidate. With that in mind, I'd like to ask you not to post who you've voted for, at least not until the voting is done.

You lot have 14 days, which is kinda a lot, but whatever, :monster:. Vote or gtfo.

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
for the record, if I were given access to the server I'd help out with tech issues; I just mean I'd be unlikely to involve myself in moderation much, because I'm sick of drama. :monster:

I don't really see any reason we can't have more than one admin. That said, Makoeyes would probably do the most as admin so I'm voting for him.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
Lol, I got nominated :monster:

Just give it to makofarts.

Dawnbreaker

~The Other Side of Fear~
Oh crap, those are all very good choices. You had to make this hard, didn't you? I'll think on it and make a decision myself.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
[quote author=V link=topic=234.msg5307#msg5307 date=1230919875]
I don't really see any reason we can't have more than one admin.
[/quote]

I do, if I suddenly die by chainsaw, this forum wouldn't have an admin, :monster:.

Off course, the site would eventually die due to there not being someone with server access, but eh.

Also,
me said:
. I've set the poll to not display the current standings intentionally, so that people wouldn't just vote for the leading candidate. With that in mind, I'd like to ask you not to post who you've voted for, at least not until the voting is done.

:monster:

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
I mean I don't see why it can't have more than one NEW admin :duhard:

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
:monster: oh. Well technically we'd have three admins once this one's done (X as well), but since he's hardly ever around, I'll ban him for the lulz.

Naw, we can do another at a later date if the need arises slash wicba.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Probably it would make sense to have different admins for different purposes. For example, Mako would keep on top of forum matters, you'll do forum maintenance and I'll be the one who power abuses to generate lulz.

i mean what.

seriously though, having an extra admin for forum maintenance probably won't hurt anything on the off chance you get afflicted with sars or something while the forum software bollockses itself up.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
[quote author=Cthulhu link=topic=234.msg5293#msg5293 date=1230900096]With that in mind, I'd like to ask you not to post who you've voted for, at least not until the voting is done.[/quote]

lol :monster:

That being said I'm really stuck between two of the people on the list. Not saying who, though.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
opps, I completely missed that. :monster: I could edit my post but half the forum has already seen it anyway, so I doubt it matters :duhard:

Geostigma

Pro Adventurer
AKA
gabe
[quote author=V link=topic=234.msg5713#msg5713 date=1231047923]
opps, I completely missed that. :monster: I could edit my post but half the forum has already seen it anyway, so I doubt it matters :duhard:
[/quote]
Im pretty lazy to aaron.

I like the idea of having multiple admins , it could cover different times zones as well :P

Nega Adri

Lv. 25 Adventurer
Wow, this really is a tough decision. Before I narrow it down, I just want to point out that all of these people have great qualifications for Administrator.

Out of these four, I would have to say either Road or Aaron would be best suited at the moment. Road is very sincere and hard-working in whatever position he holds on a forum and cares greatly for every forum he is on, on a daily basis. He exemplified this greatly on FCF. Aaron is also a great nomination in that, yes, he is very skilled in the tech field and has been a very good administrator on a number of other forums previous to this one. I can't choose between the two of them, but either one is a good choice.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
[quote author=sephirothpaine link=topic=234.msg6082#msg6082 date=1231191913]
Too many good choice...........(flips coin)
[/quote]

You could just vote for me, :monster:

...wait.

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
I went for Dacon I think. But I think Road and Aaron would've been potentials in my vote. Not that I'm being biased or anything, I'd like to see someone else's potential as an admin for a change. Though usually, either those two would be the big yes votes for me.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
lol After you vote Dacon and V are squished together so it looks like they are the same person. :P

But anyway here's to hoping the person I voted for wins. :)

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
Big surprise Mako being in the lead.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Awesome, thanks everyone for the votes!! :monster:

Can I has e-powah nao plz?

Dawnbreaker

~The Other Side of Fear~
Congratulations, Mako!

Also, if your spot as Gmod is vacated, has the staff thought of filling it? Perhaps with one of the other candiates from the list? The usual process of a promotion has someone else filling the promoted person's spot.

Anyways, good luck, I know you'll do a great job!

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Thank you Dawn ^^

Well if that's the case, the person who came in second would be that hateful bast-

I mean qualified forum member Dacon! :monster:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom