• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

New Dirge of Cerberus analysis and translations

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
http://thelifestream.net/lifestream-projects/23310/new-dirge-of-cerberus-analysis-and-translations/

We here at TLS are proud to present our two newest features on Vincent Valentine’s gun RPG, Dirge of Cerberus — a look at the chronological quandry that is the placement of the game’s opening sequence and a translation of the DC Official Complete Guide’s glossary of terms:

- When did the opening to Dirge of Cerberus take place?

- DC Official Complete Guide Term List (pg. 318)

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Well done :)

The nice thing, at least, about Nojima "fixing" the timing of events was that DoC didn't explicitly state on the screen when it was happening. So it didn't have to be a "retcon," per se. Just a polite 'shut up' to Nomura and Kitase :monster:

Pixel

The Pixie King
Glad you picked up on it being Yuffie who was in Midgar during Case of Shinra, not Tifa. Everyone who has read the translation of that will be confused by her presence. It will be put right for the audiobook :)

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
Meanwhile, the opening flashbacks of Advent Children, released only a few months earlier in September of 2005, featured them fighting Sephiroth at the heart of the planet alongside Cloud and the rest of their allies in AVALANCHE during the original game’s final battles.
Come now, that was pretty clearly not a literal flashback to me. This maybe a spoiler but Cloud does not in fact interfene in Sephiroth attempt to impale Aerith.

Although the rank’s title means “color,” it is still possible for SOLDIERs to become Tsviets without being entitled with a color, as in Shelke’s case

Her title is "Shelke the Transparant", Argento and the character you play in online would be better examples.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Come now, that was pretty clearly not a literal flashback to me. This maybe a spoiler but Cloud does not in fact interfene in Sephiroth attempt to impale Aerith.

I don't remember Advent Children suggesting he did?

Minato said:
Her title is "Shelke the Transparant", Argento and the character you play in online would be better examples.

In Japanese, her title is "Mushiki no Shelke," "mushiki" being a pun here as it means both "expressionless" and "colorless." Both meanings apply to her.

The fact that she lacks a color is also brought up in the Complete Guide's interviews:
http://thelifestream.net/lifestream...irge-of-cerberus-interview-with-the-creators/

Come now, that was pretty clearly not a literal flashback to me.
There is certainly the possibility of the flashback not being literal. They also took the artistic freedom of having Cloud jump at a fully clothed Sephiroth in that flashback, instead of shirtless Sephiroth.

The only note that might be added is to Squall_of_SeeD's article is that "the only way to resolve the contradiction between AC and DC was to assume that the opening flashback in AC was not literal".

The content of the rest of the article doesn't change though and I leave it up to Tres whether he should add that one extra note or not.

That is true. There is no need for that extra note. The question is when Dirge's opening took place, not where Yuffie & Vincent were. As you say, the 10th AU profiles state that Vincent & Yuffie were there for the battle, just that they then hurried to Midgar to save the people.

You can disregard my previous post.

Top Bottom