• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

New Dissidia Arcade Game (NT)

cold_spirit

he/him
AKA
Alex T
But I have been known to have fun on multiplayer at least when working together with friends on voice chat, so if people here play, I'm sure I could enjoy that.

It's finally time. I'm the creator and sole moderator of TheLifestream.net's PS4 community. It barely gets used. There's about 30 members now; once every few months someone shares a screenshot. Good stuff. However, there is potential.

What's cool is that you can create a party on the community's page and it'll be visible/joinable to all other members. It should be pretty easy to get a group together that way. I can also create events that'll show up on everyone's PS4 home screen about when we're planning a meetup.

I can tell you for sure my brother and I will have a few games late into the Friday/Saturday night (Central Time Zone). I'll throw it on the community and see if there's any takers.

Just saying. If there's an interest we can make something happen.

ChipNoir

Pro Adventurer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8cv3caf0Eo This popped up on my feed. The last time Square did that was for Kingdom Hearts 2.

It's really nice to see how connected the actors are to their characters. It's a far cry from Mena's infamous comments about Aerith.

Although it's hilarious seeing Burton talk about finding Cloud's voice when it really is just his speaking voice minus any kind of emotion besides Cloud's now trademark "Not Interested" mode. Although hearing him talk about the Onion Knight does remind me the guy can sound human, and can hopefully bring that to Remake Cloud.

Last edited:

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
see, i have a spotty internet connection and the psn has a problem with my isp/router so i'm routinely locked out of it for weeks/months at a time for some reason unknown to me (unless i go into the router settings and change it to modem mode, at which time no one can use wifi until i've reset it) so without messing around changing broadband providers i've not much use for online-focused games

i played dark souls 2 for like 140 hours and saw exactly 2 other players the entire time

(also can't download duodecim at the moment because of this)

Blade

That Man
AKA
Darkside-Ky/Mimeblade
see, i have a spotty internet connection and the psn has a problem with my isp/router so i'm routinely locked out of it for weeks/months at a time for some reason unknown to me (unless i go into the router settings and change it to modem mode, at which time no one can use wifi until i've reset it) so without messing around changing broadband providers i've not much use for online-focused games

i played dark souls 2 for like 140 hours and saw exactly 2 other players the entire time

(also can't download duodecim at the moment because of this)

I recall that people had issues with their routers ever since PSN updated their network... What I used to do is just set it up so that the local network WEP Key was either the default key they give you or I just disabled the WEP security altogether to fix the WiFi setup until I put a System ID on my PS4.

Giving your PS4 an IP Address and Server name lets you access it even with WEP security active, so long as the PS4 is on the "safe list" on the Firewall.

If that's not the issue look in to other solutions: https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691087-playstation-4/71487279

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
Last edited by a moderator:

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
^Spoilers bro.

Sorry.

Well, at least the game comes out internationally on Tuesday.

It sort of reminds me more of the Subspace Mode in Super Smash Bros Brawl. Not to mention Kefka's still just as weird and annoying despite being insanely powerful. Nothing's changed with that guy.

Blade

That Man
AKA
Darkside-Ky/Mimeblade
Well, I've gone through several levels and there isn't much in the way of platforming or grinding, and you can't run up surfaces indefinitely either, so that's disappointing.

On the plus side, the game is better control-wise, outside camera locks, as you can still be ambushed if you're not careful. Mage types feel the trickiest to deal with.

Also, be careful around summon crystals, as they negate HP attacks if the Crystal is in the way. I lost on a fluke because of one.

JechtShotMK9

The Sublimely Magnificent One
AKA
Kamiccolo9
Well, I initially debated getting it for a while, but woke up and said "fuck it," and have it downloading. File size seems...rather small. Only 20-odd gigs.

Blade

That Man
AKA
Darkside-Ky/Mimeblade
It sounds weird but I actually like the Arcade HUD now, mostly because of the way enemy team stats are situated.

My party is Warrior of Light, Cecil, and Noctis, and after reaching Level 10, the buffs you get really open up the game's strategy side.

I still gotta watch my back after hitting any characters with HP attacks so as not to get broken, but the summon Buffs in this are really good.

Alexander for HP, Ramuh of EX, Shiva for Brave Recovery, Odin for Dashing/Speed, I look forward to the others unlocking soon.

By the way, I got my butt handed to me by
Bahamut
shortly after this.

Last edited:

cold_spirit

he/him
AKA
Alex T
Not sure if these have been posted before, but here they are again for prosperity.

An imgur album of Cloud and Sephiroth's initial appearance and weapon skins available at the shop.

Their respective chat messages:

Interesting to see Cloud's AC sword is named "Fusion Sword". Not sure if that was made canon before. I really enjoy Sephiroth's Mako Katana. If SE somehow incorporated that design into the Remake, possibly Sephiroth's weapon in SOLDIER pre-Nibelheim Incident, I wouldn't mind at all.

Cloud's 'Black Materia' line is also noteworthy to me. You could say it gives us a glimpse of what to expect from Steve Burton's performance during the Northern Crater scene. Very sinister sounding.

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Interesting to see Cloud's AC sword is named "Fusion Sword". Not sure if that was made canon before.

I think a lot of fans randomly called it that which, sounds both awesome and it made sense since it was more of a sword compartment within a sword itself.

And if it's name wasn't made canon before, it is now.

I really enjoy Sephiroth's Mako Katana. If SE somehow incorporated that design into the Remake, possibly Sephiroth's weapon in SOLDIER pre-Nibelheim Incident, I wouldn't mind at all.

I thought Sephiroth's long sword was called the Masamune.

Cloud's 'Black Materia' line is also noteworthy to me. You could say it gives us a glimpse of what to expect from Steve Burton's performance during the Northern Crater scene. Very sinister sounding.

If that's the case, then at least Steve Burton's gonna be reprising his role as Cloud in the remake.

Blade

That Man
AKA
Darkside-Ky/Mimeblade
A little fanservice for anyone who missed FFXV.

I used Share HP, which is pretty nifty, but risky as all get out against aggressive players. HP Regen helps though.

Bonus: Noctis' eyes glow Red during Summons!

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Ugh dear lord I don't need another game but you all are making me want to buy this and I didn't think I actually would...

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
DU0m_ylX0AAT040.jpg

So I've played this now – my first experience with any Dissidia game. It was reasonably fun, not something I'd consider buying though.

Blade

That Man
AKA
Darkside-Ky/Mimeblade
And by the way, this game has a 1 v 1 mode... it's subtle and you have to mess with several settings to set it up... but it CAN BE DONE!

I'll make a few videos of it (once I unlock more outfits/weapons that is).

Blade

That Man
AKA
Darkside-Ky/Mimeblade
Single Combat, everybody.

It makes for different... erm... "Tactics"! *rimshot*

ForceStealer

Double Growth
I set that up for myself last night for one fight :P

Did 6 ranked matched, won 3 lost 3 *shrug* Decided I should maybe watch that unique features video you posted, 'twas very informative.

Also saw that green-haired Terra in the store. I need it before I can start playing her :monster:

cold_spirit

he/him
AKA
Alex T
Did 6 ranked matched, won 3 lost 3 *shrug*

Better than me. I'm sitting pretty at a 30% win ratio haha.

That being said, I am hooked. Wanna keep trying to get better. My playtime is currently split between Butz and Cloud. I'm also super excited for what characters are coming in the season pass. I remember theorizing roaster reveals was great fun with the original games.

Top Bottom