• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

New Dissidia Arcade Game (NT)

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
That'll do.

Also, for the record, Mako, you did come off aggressive (e.g. "zero sense," "move on") in your reply to Chip's short follow-up to saying he'd give the game a try a couple of weeks ago.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
LOL they're going to do entirely different characters now to spite the leakers.

We probably aren't getting Vivi, Zack, Tifa or Gilgamesh now.

Theozilla

Kaiju Member
I can’t imagine them not including the data-mine leaked characters just out of spite, especially considering the popularity/iconicity of characters like Tifa and Gilgamesh. I could see them getting added later than originally planned (like maybe they will add Ardyn next in order to fill out the antagonist/villain slot for all the numbered FF reps first) but I can’t imagine them being permanently benched for such petty reasons.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
We are almost certainly still getting them. It's not like this character model and his moveset was cooked up in the past few weeks to spite anyone. During the event in which his inclusion was announced, it was even said that this had been planned for about a year and that the FFXIV team did checks and approvals.

The leak only told us about some characters they had already decided upon. It didn't tell us there was no one else coming or what order to expect them in.

For comparison: A datamine leak on "Dragon Ball FighterZ" last January(?) revealed Cooler and Android 17 would be coming -- and they ended up coming last in the season pass (only a few months ago), after characters who weren't part of the leak.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Well that's good to know. Given the reaction before, I didn't put it past them to entirely re-shuffle the line up of characters to undo the revealed info that was discovered.

ChipNoir

Pro Adventurer
The only reason I'm even paying attention at this point is to get a glimps at Tifa. Although with this surprise I guess Aerith could still pop up as well. That might almost tempt me for a second try.

ultima espio

Pro Adventurer
There were only 2 costumes revealed today, 012 Terra and God Kefka, who will have a weapon and new quotes each. Coming in at 2500 yen($22.72) as a set. One for Terra and one for Kefka.

EDIT: You can buy packs individually for £9.99 or together for £15.49. They are not covered by the season pass.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dissidia/comments/b5af5u
--- New Music ---
Both the arrange versions and the original versions of these songs:
  • Mount Gulg from FFI
  • The Dark Crystals from FFIII
  • In Search of Light from FFV
  • Birth of a God from FFVII
  • Premonition from FFVIII
  • Shinryu from FFXI
  • The Worm’s Tail from FFXIV
  • OMNIS LACRIMA from FFXV
  • War: Howl of the Dreadnought from FF0
Also 5th HP attacks are coming.

Last edited:

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
As cool as the badass psycho Garlean is as a choice for villain to represent XIV...

Ardyn should be in this game like.... last year. I keep thinking about this. Why is he not?

If any villain deserves a place in this game, it's him. He deserves to have a chance to pummel Noctis' face in for all eternity and be happy :mon:

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
As cool as the badass psycho Garlean is as a choice for villain to represent XIV...

Ardyn should be in this game like.... last year. I keep thinking about this. Why is he not?

If any villain deserves a place in this game, it's him. He deserves to have a chance to pummel Noctis' face in for all eternity and be happy :mon:

I'm sure we'll at least get Ardyn in the near future. Just surprised that Zeno was picked as a bad guy presenting Stormblood.

The one I'm really waiting for is Tifa at least, and at much as I really want Reno to appear in this game or at least Opera Omnia, that'll never happen for the latter character. But I'm still pretty certain that Ardyn and Tifa will have spots in this game. Just have wait for a bit longer.

My question is who will represent the very first Final Fantasy game as the third spot to join the Warrior of Light and Garland.

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie

I'm surprised they're considering in making more Dissidia games. I honestly thought they wouldn't even think of doing that after finishing off the main story and keep on doing more DLC until they run out of ideas. Wonder if there will be story mode for the next game if they decide to make it and if so, what kind will it be?

A repeat of the first game, only with the
replicas of the heroes and villains going through an identity crisis since their real selves returned home without memories of their time in World B?
I think that'll be plausible. Hard to say.

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
I had a feeling Squall's Leon look from Kingdom Hearts would be in Dissidia NT. Just didn't think it would actually happen at all. I guess Nomura decided to hand over Leon's model that couldn't fit in KH3 for this game instead since he probably didn't want it to go to waste.

SailorStarDust

Kept you waiting, huh?
AKA
SSD
Neat! I've never played KH myself (and I'll just start cracking RE jokes regarding "Leon":P), but it's cool to see Squall getting some love:DSquare, I don't care if you lost the source code, please reverse engineer FF8 since it's the best FF, kthxbai.

I'm assuming June's DLC character (personally hoping for Tifa or Zack from a marketing standpoint) will be revealed later on in the month?

I play offline mode Dissidia on PS4 when I have the downtime, and it's honestly a pretty fun stress reliever, IMO.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
I mean. Squall getting a new Gunblade works since his KH weapon is the same as his VIII iconic weapon.

Cloud's weapon is at least aesthetically different. And honestly the Metal Chocobo is just the Buster Sword with a Chocobo keychain and two teeth to emulate a key. It wouldn't be that different.

Anyways the outfits look lit. Obligatory buy incoming. :mon:

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
It wouldn't be Cloud in his KH1 attire without the bandaged Buster Sword, though. Plus, it wouldn't make sense to see Cloud with the Metal Chocobo Keyblade since he isn't a Keyblade Wielder and the KH franchise has yet to introduce a Final Fantasy Keyblade Wielder like Mickey being the only Disney Character be a Keyblade Wielder(not counting Yen Sid at the moment since we have yet to see him wield a Keyblade).

Still surprised that they decided to give Cloud his KH attire given how complicated it would've been using Vincent's cape and golden glove(I can't spell the other name of the thing, sorry). And really, I thought the Metal Chocobo Keyblade looked dodgy. I preferred the Fenrir Keyblade from KH2. Still glad and relieved that they pulled through. Guess this is their way of making up for the lack of Final Fantasy characters in KH3.

Keveh Kins

Pun Enthusiast
I've been futzing about with the free edition of this today, it's fun, but the online 3v3 seems to take a long time to match up players, or is that just me?

Top Bottom