• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

New Dissidia Arcade Game (NT)

Suzaku

Pro Adventurer
HbCJQMk.jpg

hPmhocl.jpg

5A4gAX7.jpg

Half listening to the livestream, I think they said the new Safer Sephiroth was designed by Roberto Ferrari.

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
I really like Rinoa's earlier design's costume. It looks beautiful! Though I think I prefer her with black hair, but hey, it's still a gorgeous look. And I knew Ardyn would show up sooner or later.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Actually... If we're to include Duodecim 012, we were still missing Prishe, Laguna and Gilgamesh.

But you're right, in the end NT got a good run. Six years is a long time by game support standards. It's just a shame it didn't take off like it did in Japan's arcade community, and we didn't get the full list of datamined characters.

ultima espio

Pro Adventurer
The same thing happened with 012, got so far with DLC then left. At least they said something this time.

I think NT would have fared better if it wasn't for Arcades. 2 years exclusive on that then on consoles, if they'd started the DLC back in 2015 we could have had most of that by now. Especially if all the old characters came back at launch then started adding new ones.

It hasn't been out for 6 years yet either, it only released in November 2015 for arcades, just over 4 years ago. It was announced this time in 2015.

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
I had a feeling that the 50 goal would never happen, but I had hoped that I was wrong. But at least 38 is still close-only 12 characters short from the actual goal.

Actually... If we're to include Duodecim 012, we were still missing Prishe, Laguna and Gilgamesh.

But you're right, in the end NT got a good run. Six years is a long time by game support standards. It's just a shame it didn't take off like it did in Japan's arcade community, and we didn't get the full list of datamined characters.

To be fair, Rinoa kind of replaced Laguna as the third FFVIII character in the roster. I guess they either ran out of ideas on who to pick next or couldn't come up with how to create a new third FF1 party character with a personality. I was kind of hoping to see Serah next.

The same thing happened with 012, got so far with DLC then left. At least they said something this time.

I think NT would have fared better if it wasn't for Arcades. 2 years exclusive on that then on consoles, if they'd started the DLC back in 2015 we could have had most of that by now. Especially if all the old characters came back at launch then started adding new ones.

It hasn't been out for 6 years yet either, it only released in November 2015 for arcades, just over 4 years ago. It was announced this time in 2015.

It was pretty close, though. Maybe it would've been better if they didn't do the Arcades and just stuck with the consoles.

DrakeClawfang

The Wanderer of Time
While I disliked the game, I'm sad to see it die. SE picked the wrong direction to take the series for a sequel, but I was still excited to see all the additional characters they kept adding old and new. I hope OO (which is still going strong) is a sign to them that there's still an audience for the Dissidia series, this was just the wrong way to go with it, and they'll try an approach closer to the original.

I legit think if they remastered D012 using NT's assets, it would be incredible.

Top Bottom