New Face Of Cloud Potentially Found

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
Interesting. He finally looks a little less emaciated and it's somewhat reminiscent of the old AC artwork.

Teioh

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Teiocho
If it is, it's been on those pillars for a while now. This tweet is from January 21st. Slightly different angle. It's not an image of Cloud I recognise anyway but there's so many versions of him lately, I can't keep up :P

Last edited:

Ryuman

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Pointlessname, Pointer
Yeah, those were up the whole exhibition. There were other pillars of characters with existing artwork. They new designs were shown at a specific event with the audience attending. If this were the new face then they did a poor job keeping it a secret by leaving it out in the open before that even too place.

hian

Purist
I highly doubt that's it. Looks like straight up AC Cloud model with a Soldier outfit.
More likely, this was the model they planned on using before Nomura decided the AC models wouldn't do quality-wise for the remake. After all, they're on record saying that was the first thing they considered doing.

Also, if anything this model (with the AC hair) is further removed from the original design than the remake trailer model, and they're saying the new design is the closest yet. I would say that pretty much precludes this one.

Theozilla

Kaiju Member
I think it mind end up being less of a significant change than we have been building it up to be, similar to how Young Xehanort looks slightly different than his DDD model facial structure-wise. Like I’ve seen accounts from people who attended the event as describing Clouds’ “new” look as being more similar to his AC look than the initial Remake trailer did.

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
I HAD A SODA CAN WITH THAT PICTURE ON IT!! It’s from 2005/6

Random Nobody

local roach
I HAD A SODA CAN WITH THAT PICTURE ON IT!! It’s from 2005/6
THE SCAMS AND SECRECY CONTINUE

tenor.gif

Cloud_S

Pro Adventurer
No this isn't new. In fact it's very old.

gY7IJNL.jpg

It's from the FFVII PSX International disc set that came with the limited edition of Advent Children called "Advent Pieces". That was released way back in 2005, so no connection whatsoever to the current remake.

Last edited:

Purple

Charmed
I haven't seen that AC model in a long time I almost thought it was new. Anyway, I'm sure a picture is bound to pop up sometime soon

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
I was sitting here thinking that I had seen that pic of Cloud before, but I couldn't remember where. :P

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
I was sitting here thinking that I had seen that pic of Cloud before, but I couldn't remember where. :P

Me too, I even googled a couple of the anniversary posters thinking it was one of those but the positioning was slightly off.

Top Bottom