• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

New High Quality Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep Screenshots!

DrakeClawfang

The Wanderer of Time
No, that's Zack - swing twice and spin into place over the shoulder. 1:23 or so in the vid. Squall's pose involves no spinning.

EDIT - Alright maybe I'm just blind, I dunno. Looks like both to me now...

Last edited:

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
No, Zack's victory pose, is essentially Cloud's. They both twirl the sword several times in their palm and hook it back towards their back.

Roxas doesn't even spin the keyblade in a full circle, it just rests on his shoulder. It's pretty much Squall's with a flourish. Sora's however is a definitely a nod to Cloud and Zack's victory pose, which is stated in the FFVII and KH Ultimania.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
It means what it looks like... lol why does it bother you so? XD

DrakeClawfang

The Wanderer of Time
It means what it looks like... lol why does it bother you so? XD

I genuinely don't know, but it's annoying. As for what it looks like, it looks like a bug-eyed glare, and if you're gonna glare at me bug-eyed I'm gonna slap ya and pop those eyes back where they belong.

No, Zack's victory pose, is essentially Cloud's. They both twirl the sword several times in their palm and hook it back towards their back.

I always took Zack's to combine Squall and Cloud's - swing twice and then spin.

But what do I know, I'm going blind. ><

Last edited:

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
I genuinely don't know, but it's annoying. As for what it looks like, it looks like a bug-eyed glare, and if you're gonna glare at me bug-eyed I'm gonna slap ya and pop those eyes back where they belong.
I like where this is going :awesomonster:

DrakeClawfang

The Wanderer of Time
Random idea - move to another forum and rename page as generic KH thread? Seems we ought to have one, and this thread seems to become one now and then.

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
It's the turn around that is quintessentially Squall in Roxas' flourish.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal

I always took Zack's to combine Squall and Cloud's - swing twice and then spin.

But what do I know, I'm going blind. ><

Naw, what you're seeing is Zack doing the fist raise while holding his sword which causes it to move as he then raises it in the air to twirl and then place on his back.

Which is what Cloud does in FFVII.

Squall's victory pose is a definitive "one-two" slice in the front as he raises it in the air, puts it on his back/shoulders as he closes his eyes and turns away from the enemy. That's what Roxas does, except with a bit of a quick, graceful turn of the keyblade towards his shoulder. Which is what Squall does in Dissidia when he begins a fight :monster:

Roxas = Squall

Sora = Cloud

DrakeClawfang

The Wanderer of Time
Sora uses Squall's too doesn't he? Lemme see if I can find a vid...

EDIT - Yup, he does. Skip to the end.

So Mako, think we should move this and make it the generic KH thread?

Last edited:

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
That guy kept pissing me off, use strike raid BEFORE he finishes "Decent Heartless Angel" FFS, not AFTER.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Eh, we can do that when BBS storyline and discussion actually appears. For now this is fine. We'll definitely do that later though.

But yeah, Sora does use Squall's victory pose too. :monster:

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
I seriously want to know what the fuck those Unversed are. And why have we never heard of them before?

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
The Unversed (&#12450;&#12531;&#12532;&#12449;&#12540;&#12473;, Anv&#257;su?), meaning "those who were not well-versed in their own existences", are the main enemies of the upcoming game Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep, and as such, very little is known about them at this time. However, series creator Tetsuya Nomura has made a few facts known through various pre-release interview. The Unversed possess some sort of connection to the Heartless and the Nobodies of the main series and are, in essence, "the opposite of human life." They are also known to "grow off of negative emotions." Due to a translation error, they were previously known to English-speaking audiences as the "Unbirths".
edit
there you go :monster:
clears up everything.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
The got rid of Cloud's fist-pump in Dissidia. Now he just flips the buster sword over so that when he replaces it its facing the wrong way...which I've bitched about before>_>

Loxetta

Pro Adventurer
JNGP5l244vZ6mpyE7BLfGEald44TMigs.jpg

I feel pretty~
oh so pretty~
I feel pretty~
And witty~
and BRIIIIIIIIGHT~~~!

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
Due to a translation error, they were previously known to English-speaking audiences as the "Unbirths".
It was just changed, wasn't it? That's what the Japanese-speaking audience thought it was until they changed it (&#12450;&#12531;&#12496;&#12540;&#12473; to &#12450;&#12531;&#12532;&#12449;&#12540;&#12473;).

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
It was just changed, wasn't it? That's what the Japanese-speaking audience thought it was until they changed it (&#12450;&#12531;&#12496;&#12540;&#12473; to &#12450;&#12531;&#12532;&#12449;&#12540;&#12473;).

Seems like.

While we're on the topic, "Reverse Sephiroth" really was "Rebirth Sephiroth," wasn't it?

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
'Reverse' and 'Rebirth' can be the same (&#12522;&#12496;&#12540;&#12473;), so that's an understandable mistake. Especially if you look at the rest of FFVII :monster:

Top Bottom