• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

New Images from FFVII VR Express

Lex

Administrator
Untitled-1.png

From this video:

cloudmodel.png

golsaucer.png

mocapr.png

Last edited:
The video was uploaded on May 23 this year, but only now is it being noticed! I wonder if the video was simply kept private up until now, or if those 1037 views the video has really is from May 23 up to now.

Thank you so much for sharing this Lex!

Only slide 7 has the FF7 stuff (:monster:) which represents 2:58 - 4:29 in the video.

That...instantly-generated-Cloud(?) to the right of the capture guy looks both weird and cool. When I see it I think "original game Cloud" rather than "Compilation Cloud".

I'm going to assume that Midgar with fireworks is a still from Final Fantasy XR. It looks a bit too festive to be from the remake.

pxp

Pro Adventurer
Hmm, not sure if real. If so, I prefer the PSX Cloud. I think he looks younger, more ‘dorky’ and ‘awkward’ there. Here he has that generic moody staring into your soul look.

But whatever. I’m not that offended. And I realise there’ll be others who think the opposite of me :)

PS. Isn’t that just Mobius or theme park Cloud?

Transcribing the text from the seventh slide.

Untitled-1.png

Unreal Engine 4 の取り組み (以降UE4と略)

プリレンダー品質再現の試行
Motion Capture Realtime Preview
リアルタイムVR Express in スクウェア・エニックスカフェ

電車で
DENSHADE GO!!

Google Translate said:
Initiatives of Unreal Engine 4 (hereafter abbreviated as UE4)

Test of reproducing pre-rendered quality
Motion Capture Realtime Preview
Real-Time VR Express in Square Enix Cafe

On the train
DENSHADE GO !!
So from left to right, the FF7 pictures are...
1) Cloud in real-time(?) footage, meant to show how close it is to pre-rendered quality(?)
2) Real-time motion capture preview
3) Virtual Reality experience at Square Enix Cafe

I only know of the Final Fantasy XR ride having been at Universal Studios Japan but maybe you could also view it, or something like it, at the Square Enix Cafe too?

EDIT: Some neat facts about this "Densha de Go!" which probably explains why there are so many slides that show train tracks
Densha de Go! (電車でGO! Densha de GO! (Lit: Go By (electric)Train)) is a Japanese train simulation game series originally produced by Taito and more recently by Square Enix (who purchased Taito) and Railfan Holdings Co., Ltd. The game originates from a 1996 arcade version. There are also PC versions released by the Japanese publisher Unbalance. All of the games in the series are available in Japanese only. As for the celebration for the 20th anniversary of the game series, Square Enix released two games, the first one was released for Android and iOS in winter 2016, and the second was released for the arcade in 2017.

Last edited:
The "theme park" virtual reality ride used Advent Children Cloud however. I wonder if they at some point planned to use OG Cloud for Final Fantasy XR and/or if these Cloud assets were drawn from remake material.

While it's safe to assume that lots of motion capturing is being done for the FF7 Remake (as I have no doubt that this game IS in production) I have no way of confirming the context in which the motion capture photo was taken. This makes any possible direct connections to the Remake all the more uncertain.

It is quite frustrating that this VR Express ride was not only limited to Japan but it's difficult to pin down its scope. Since VR Express was in 2016 I wonder if some of the graphics made for this event were reused for Final Fantasy XR (2018).

One twitter comment from a person who saw this Final Fantasy VR Express:
VISUALWORKSのVR体験してきました!
ヤバかったーー!
魔晄炉にハイウィンドに魔晄キャノン!
本当にFF7の世界にいるようでした!
1度は絶対体験した方が良い!
Google Translate said:
I've been experiencing VR for VISUALWORKS!
I was wondering!
Mako cannon to Highwind in a magic fireworks!
It really seemed to be in the world of FF7!
You had better absolutely experience once!

The only other way for us to get more context on the seventh slide is if the video has any interesting commentary. Hito, do they say anything of interest in the video?

Naturally news sources are reporting this as FFVII Remake production images but as mentioned before it is unknown how much, if at all, the Remake has to do with those first two images. At the top of my head I don't remember if the remake is being made in Unreal Engine 4 but it does sound familiar. EDIT: Oh yeah, I remembered correctly. The FF7 Remake is being developed in UE4.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
magic fireworks
lol

'mako reactor, the highwind, and the mako cannon' (i'm surprised google got 'mako cannon' right but not the reactor

the video just seems to be explaining what each point on that slide is about. the first one is about producing graphics in-game using the unreal engine that are of the same quality as prerendered visuals. the second is having face and body motion data going into the game engine in real time. the third is about the square enix cafe in akihabara, where they occasionally have a visual works exhibit/vr contents where you ride on a train through midgar and trying out the unreal engine for that. there appears to have been a video showcasing their work which may have had some more images of these things before that slide but it looks like they couldn't upload that part and it skips that.

the rest is about the new densha de go arcade game they're making.

ChipNoir

Pro Adventurer
magic fireworks
lol

'mako reactor, the highwind, and the mako cannon' (i'm surprised google got 'mako cannon' right but not the reactor

the video just seems to be explaining what each point on that slide is about. the first one is about producing graphics in-game using the unreal engine that are of the same quality as prerendered visuals. the second is having face and body motion data going into the game engine in real time. the third is about the square enix cafe in akihabara, where they occasionally have a visual works exhibit/vr contents where you ride on a train through midgar and trying out the unreal engine for that. there appears to have been a video showcasing their work which may have had some more images of these things before that slide but it looks like they couldn't upload that part and it skips that.

the rest is about the new densha de go arcade game they're making.

Occasionally? How often? I wonder if we can get someone to try it...

T@ctic

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Orah, Iju
Everything.

cloud does look rather...unappealing, but it's obvious that he is still being under development. he hasn't gained any mass from the last trailer which i said before makes him look lowkey gaunt but i'm not worrying that much.

i don't like video capture for VGs because they tend to exaggerate movements for the characters, so i hope it's not done 100% for all the characters. but of course that won't happen since the fight moves are pretty inhuman. otherwise the BG cards are freaking beautiful. hugely anticipating.

ChipNoir

Pro Adventurer
Everything.

cloud does look rather...unappealing, but it's obvious that he is still being under development. he hasn't gained any mass from the last trailer which i said before makes him look lowkey gaunt but i'm not worrying that much.

i don't like video capture for VGs because they tend to exaggerate movements for the characters, so i hope it's not done 100% for all the characters. but of course that won't happen since the fight moves are pretty inhuman. otherwise the BG cards are freaking beautiful. hugely anticipating.

Its a running gag for me at this point. Cloud's hairstyle in the remake is considerably different, particularly that long hanging fringe of bangs on his left side and the overall dense 'fluffiness'. Its always bugged the hell out of me.

T@ctic

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Orah, Iju
Its a running gag for me at this point. Cloud's hairstyle in the remake is considerably different, particularly that long hanging fringe of bangs on his left side and the overall dense 'fluffiness'. Its always bugged the hell out of me.

well yeah it's his "original" hair before the compilation took over right? it does look different but not that much imo.

Mage

She/They
AKA
Mage
Slight side track but I remember the original Densha de Go and now I feel fucking old. To be fair I was thirteen at the time it came out. :monster:

Midgar_Blues

Pro Adventurer
Can someone put my fears to rest that this isn't going to be another decade in production like XV, before I throw myself into the Lifestream, and also, Cloud's hair looks like a wig.

ChipNoir

Pro Adventurer
Can someone put my fears to rest that this isn't going to be another decade in production like XV, before I throw myself into the Lifestream, and also, Cloud's hair looks like a wig.

Nobody can really do that. The only hope that we can give you is Square hasn't gone completely silent like they've done for Versus.

And yes, welcome to the "I hate Cloud's Hair" club.

Top Bottom