• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

New Images from FFVII VR Express

Midgar_Blues

Pro Adventurer

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
Your views guys? Night Sky Prince on YouTube is adamant this IS for 7:R:

“For those of you keep trying to call bullshit on this, it's literally on the Unreal Engine 4 Japanese page.

I know what I'm talking about lol.”

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature...4gns34gyng2t4pft3t2xw03c010c.1531611170807135

WTF is he talking about? There is no fireworks scene in Midgar. The iconic fireworks scene that has the "Interrupted by fireworks" music play to it is in the Gold Saucer

pxp

Pro Adventurer
WTF is he talking about? There is no fireworks scene in Midgar. The iconic fireworks scene that has the "Interrupted by fireworks" music play to it is in the Gold Saucer

I know right? But more substantively in terms of the topic, he points to this as unimpeachable proof https://scontent-dfw5-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=628f382e209ab815d31cb50e160ae8bb&oe=5BCFAFD5

As well as the video.

But, well ... this is hardly proof right? The links to 7:R have been debunked here and elsewhere - locked threads at gamefaqs (https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/168653-final-fantasy-vii-remake/76790978) and resetera (https://www.resetera.com/threads/first-look-at-cloud-in-final-fantasy-vii-remake-dev-pics.54236/) for instance.

So why is this guy so adamant? Is it something my lack of Japanese-language comprehension is hiding from me?

"There's no false information here." He writes: "Please look into the video, or do your research. Wccftech Misreported this TWICE. And I am telling you what's actually happening."

hian

Purist
Actually, having listened to the video now it's fairly clear to me these are pictures featuring assets being used in the remake.

In the very video you guys posted, the person doing the presentation explains the role of Visual Works as a company as a lead up to the Densha De Go promo portion of the video.

He explains that they are often responsible for making prerender material - but that they also largely work with making the high-quality assets that are being used in their prerenders and having them run in real-time enviroments (with Unreal in-game) - he explicitly says these assets are being use "in the game" when it shows the three FFVIIR images (2.15 or so)

The cafe ride thing is not only not a game (and most likely not a realtime render in U4), the context of the statement puts it as an aside and a tangent and in no way relevant to the images, except perhaps the last one featuring Midgar with the fireworks, as this is a final "by the way mention" of other stuff Visual Works has been involved in.

(Also, given that how companies like these operate it's highly likely and reasonable to think they use many of the same assets for pretty much all their projects that deal with the same motifs - such as the UFJ ride midgar most likely being the same midgar being used for the remake, or the midgar being used in the VR event at the SE cafe, also being the same midgar as the other two.
There is literally no point recreating all the assets for a 3D midgar model, for three disparate renders and projects unless there are major quality discrepencies, and even then, it makes more sense to do brush-ups than remodelling everything from scratch)

few other pointers -
- No, the Cloud render is not from the USJ ride, as that is an upbrush of the AC version of Cloud. The article and people who stated this are plainly wrong.
- also for those saying Cloud looks weird, or is "still in development" - No. That is a mo-cap render. Mo-cap renders like these do not run with the full range of effects, such as dynamic lighting etc.
The Cloud model is likely finished, and you are likely looking at it - however, you are looking at it aborted from all the various effects that make it look like a human in the first place. It's just the sculpts and the texture - nothing else. That will look weird no matter what state a model is in, no matter what game it is from.

This is standard for mo-cap. Just a few years ago mo-cap support renders like these didn't even use textures.

Last edited:

T@ctic

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Orah, Iju
- also for those saying Cloud looks weird, or is "still in development" - No. That is a mo-cap render. Mo-cap renders like these do not run with the full range of effects, such as dynamic lighting etc.
The Cloud model is likely finished, and you are likely looking at it - however, you are looking at it aborted from all the various effects that make it look like a human in the first place. It's just the sculpts and the texture - nothing else. That will look weird no matter what state a model is in, no matter what game it is from.

This is standard for mo-cap. Just a few years ago mo-cap support renders like these didn't even use textures.
okay, thanks for the clarification. basically it's cloud's design at its base without any "makeup"?

hian

Purist
Yeah, I guess you could put it like that.

Have a look at this page and the video/images there and see the difference between the rig model and the final render, and it should give you a good idea of how this works
http://www.cgmeetup.net/home/mathilda-rig-free-maya-rig-female-character-rig/

or this one
http://www.cgmeetup.net/home/dragon-rig-free-maya-rig-free-dragon-rig-for-maya/

Both these are exercising in rigging, but the principle is the same in terms of visual representation. The Cloud in the second image is like one of the models you see here in the rigging process, not how it actually looks in the render in-game, because there simple is no reason to be processing all this other crap when all you're doing is working with animation.

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
I'm not sure if he's talking about the new added thing for the Remake(which would admittedly be really cool) or he's refering to the Fireworks added to the bomb the Turks used to slow Yazoo and Loz down in Advent Children.

TooManyFandoms

Uses the internet
ooof. If this IS in fact remake Cloud, I'm not sure if I like it so much. He looks too feminine/generic to me, like he could be ANY final fantasy male, he's different, show that in his design. Make him more of a beefcake (ehhmmmm pardon me), so it'll be that much more surprising when the truth comes out.

ChipNoir

Pro Adventurer
ooof. If this IS in fact remake Cloud, I'm not sure if I like it so much. He looks too feminine/generic to me, like he could be ANY final fantasy male, he's different, show that in his design. Make him more of a beefcake (ehhmmmm pardon me), so it'll be that much more surprising when the truth comes out.

Ehr....I mean, that's...how he looks, minus the hair problems?

T@ctic

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Orah, Iju
Yeah, I guess you could put it like that.

Have a look at this page and the video/images there and see the difference between the rig model and the final render, and it should give you a good idea of how this works
http://www.cgmeetup.net/home/mathilda-rig-free-maya-rig-female-character-rig/

or this one
http://www.cgmeetup.net/home/dragon-rig-free-maya-rig-free-dragon-rig-for-maya/

Both these are exercising in rigging, but the principle is the same in terms of visual representation. The Cloud in the second image is like one of the models you see here in the rigging process, not how it actually looks in the render in-game, because there simple is no reason to be processing all this other crap when all you're doing is working with animation.
oh nice. thanks for that!

actually, cloud always looked feminine (remember, he passes as a woman). no matter what design he has he will never look "girly" to me, i'm just way too used to his character to even understand how others can find him feminine/androgynous now. anyway that's off topic. point is, i don't think they took it "too far" because that's basically how he's always looked. you're just "waking up" to it i guess? lol

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie

Pretty sure it is, given that I've seen the second trailer of the Remake, and while I am aware that Lightning is like a female version of Cloud(and more a bit more cold), not only does his Remake design make him too feminine, he even looks older than he looked in Crisis Core, especially in the Epilogue which is a remake of the opening of the original game which leads straight into the said game.

Gosh, he looks older than his Advent Children look.

His design in Dissidia NT looks much better, especially in his Original Game outfit and not just his Advent Children attire which also matches his design in the Compliation too.

Ehr....I mean, that's...how he looks, minus the hair problems?

The hair looks closer to the Original to me. It's the face that I think some of us are worried about.

hian

Purist
It's very hard to judge what his face will actually look like by that picture given the lack effects, but personally I think he looks both younger and more striking than his other models in other media. The sharp brows from his original character art and anime design is back, and the eyes seem slightly bigger, which meshes him a lot better with the remake look of Biggs and Jessie.

I always found it weird how in the gameplay trailer Biggs and Jessie had such sleek and anime-esque facial features when the close up of Cloud just had him look like a real life, gaunt white guy with a cheap cosplay wig.

Also seems to me as if they've toned the hair down a bit, which I also appreciate.
Again, really hard to tell how it will come together in the actual final render, but I'm cautiously hopefull.
I also like that they seem to have increased the puff in his pants, and I can also see what appears to be metal on his belt buckle, suggesting a return to the OG design there too.

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
The remake design makes him look older than the other media designs(including the original 2D art of the original game) to me.

hian

Purist
The remake design makes him look older than the other media designs(including the original 2D art of the original game) to me.

I agree that the original remake render does that. I wasn't talking about that. I was talking about the mo-cap model.

Radigar

Pro Adventurer
cloudmodel.png

This image makes me thought about other possibilities. If we suppose that doesn't come from VR Express, why this image have a fish-eye style in his background? Maybe SE are working on a VR experience DLC in the Remake like in FFXV?

tumblr_onj98svswF1rfd7lko1_500.gif

Last edited:

Random Nobody

local roach
hian said:
I always found it weird how in the gameplay trailer Biggs and Jessie had such sleek and anime-esque facial features when the close up of Cloud just had him look like a real life, gaunt white guy with a cheap cosplay wig.
I dunno, he definitely looked like some species of emaciated roach gaunt and fucked up, but he also looked to me about equally bobblyheaded anime as the rest of the cast.

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Looking back more clearly at the image of Midgar with the Fireworks, it kind of looks more like a fan-made picture to me.

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
The Midgar with fireworks CG image was confirmed official here

Edit: And to be more specific, the above CG image is from the Final Fantasy VR Express train ride experience from 2016.

Right. Thanks. Wish I could go to that ride at Universal Japan.

....Midgar celebrates Christmas?

Good question. There is a white Tree seen in Before Crisis Final Fantasy VII that people go to in Winter. Not sure if it's related to Christmas or FFVII's own special holiday that's similiar.

Top Bottom