New Kid On The Block

Fumi

Lv. 1 Adventurer
Hi guys,

I'm new here on The Lifestream and wanted to introduce myself to you all, and generally just say howdy. My name is Fumi, I'm living in the UK. I guess this community hosts people from all over the globe. It would be nice to meet other FF enthusiasts, and like minded people, so this forum is looking pretty awesome.

So not only is today "May The Fourth Be With You", but its Free Comic Book Day too (here anyway)! I went to the comic store this morning before it opened and the cue was ridiculous! Never the less, I joined it and bagged myself a Walking Dead comic and three different Mouse Guards. Plus I bought some other comics, including the first of five special editions of John Carter - The God of Mars. Which I am really excited about! I haven't had time to read any of them yet. When I get a moment I'll be torn between reading this mornings haul of comics of playing FF XIII-2... Perhaps if I play my Pokemon cards right, I'll get to do both!

Anyway, I look forward to hearing from you. Perhaps you could give a little introduction of your own, and maybe I'll get to know some of you a little better!

Kupo! :moar:

laurence

Pro Adventurer
Hi! You're right that this is a very cosmopolitan forum. I'm presently living in Argentina but I've got family over at the UK. I'm also a fan of Kirk's comics, namely the Walkind Dead and Invisible ; I wish there was a free comic book day here also... :(
Welcome and stay around!

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.
Welcome and all that jazz. :monster:

Oh, I'm so slow - I didn't realise our local comic store was giving away freebies because it's May the Force. Welcome, Kumi - I live in Canada at the moment but I'm kind of English too.

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
Hi Fumi, welcome :)

I'm kind of English too, but unlike Lic I've been unable to escape :monster:

Lol - we spend all our time yearning to return, but we can't afford to - which sums the problem up, I guess.

Anyway, Kumi - I am a big Turks fan (see sig) and I like to write fanfic. I love the entire Compilation except for Dirge of Cerberus, which is the only game I've neither played myself nor watched on youtube.

Mariketsu

I Am the Darkness, I'm the Monster
AKA
Razael
Wai haylo thar :monster:

Welcome to the forums and nice to meet ya! (I may disappear from time to time because of RL and stuff, but I always come back xD).

~ Raz

Ghost X

Hello, Fumi (LicoriceAllsorts, pay attention :wacky:), welcome to the forums. You want an introduction from me too? I dunno, that is just asking a bit too much. Lessee. I'm Australian, I like(d) final fantasy, I'm the forum's creative director (whatever that means :awesome:), I like hanging out more in the non-ff related sections, but tbh, there has been some renewed interest in all things ff of late... and anything else you want to find out, you can do so on an awkward date.

:closedmonster:.

Fumi

Lv. 1 Adventurer
Thank you all for making me so welcome! I wasn't sure this site would be that active, but you have all proven me happily wrong.

I'm loving this by the way ---> :moar:

Turns out I did get to read most of my comics, fit in some FF XIII-2 and watch a Ghibli film!

Seems like there's a few of you who are almost English... Not sure exactly what that means, but its cool. Lol.

I'm still trying to figure this site out. What would you guys say you favourite feature is on this site? I'm guessing the forum, but how about the rest of it? What do I need to check out?

Fumi :moar:

Ghost X

We've just reached 500 articles apparently, so perhaps you can read all the articles. Many are probably out of date as far as "news" is concerned by now, but honestly, besides the forums, I probably participate in /chat on the increasingly rare occasion and that's about it.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
HARRO

I'm Robert Baratheon, and I'm Too Fat For My Armor.
hiiiii robeeeeert

Nah all joeks I'm some dude from Sydney, Australia, and I usually get the graveyard shift around the forum :monster: You should check out all of the things. We have articles and a bajillion threads on basically everything Final Fantasy, and a lot of things not Final Fantasy. Like Cthulhu, he's hangin' around somewhere. :cthulhu:

Fumi

Lv. 1 Adventurer
Awesome, well I'll take a look around and see what I can find.

One last question though, can someone explain to me the icons at the lower right side of each post. I know it seems obvious, for example, what the Cookie Monster Thanks icon is for... But there seems as though there's something more to it then thanking someone...? I can't make out what the middle two icons are.

Fumi :moar:

Fangu

Great Old One
The one with the + on it is multi-quote. If you want to quote several posts in a thread, click the + sign on the posts in question and then hit "New Post". You will then have all the quotes ready in your reply box.

The one to the right of the + is Quick Reply. It just directs you straight to the "Quick Reply" box at the bottom of the page.

Top Bottom