• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

new Lucrecia fansite. :B

Ravynne Nevyrmore

that one Lucrecia fangirl
AKA
Ravynne
[ I Love Luci ] + crimson shroud : raven's haven +

It's still mostly under construction, but I really wanted to get it officially up on this date, because guess what today is? Lucrecia's birthday, lolz. :geek:

Anyway, if anyone wants to leave me feedback on the unfinished parts or discuss any of the issues on there now, maybe I can incorporate it into what's not up yet.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
I think its looking awesome, Rav. Great job! Hope to see it updated and stuff more ^^

Ravynne Nevyrmore

AKA
Ravynne
Thanks. Incidentally, if anyone has any specific concerns or issues in the existing content on which they would like to elaborate, please feel free to do so.

I'm not reading the content, but the coding could use some work. On my screen the background is repeating funny... also FRAMES ARE EVIL! PLEASE LET ME HELP YOU BANISH THEM! *gives holy water*

Seriously though, if you have coding questions at all or would like some help with some things please ask... website design, especially of fansites is a hobby of mine (I just can't do graphics to save my life).

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
I love Luci, I lol'd. How clever. :monster:

I think the layout could use some Lucrecia in it, please! Otherwise, looking lovely so far. :)

Teva

hai a/s/l plz?
AKA
Queen of Sunshine / QoS / Suiseiseki / Desudesudesu / Teva / Teva'ni
It's a pretty site so far but a media section would definitely be nice to add a little something to it. Erm what else . . . maybe a guestbook for feedback would be good as well. Just to see what your siste visitors might think about the content as a whole.

Smaddy

Green Mage
I like it so far. I think it's got some compiled information on it that's not seen elsewhere. I can't wait to see the rest.

Having a media section is a good idea too.

I had a comment on one of your entries on the website. Should I just post it here or...?

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
I don't remember if I commented on your site on DA or not, but I think it's looking great! My only qualm would be the background. A background like that shouldn't repeat, and on my monitor (1440x900) it does. See if you can get it fixed in place. :)

Ravynne Nevyrmore

AKA
Ravynne
Yeah, the background isn't meant to repeat. I just rarely maximize my web browser, and frankly monitors were smaller when I started it, lawl.

wolverine said:
I'm not reading the content, but the coding could use some work. On my screen the background is repeating funny... also FRAMES ARE EVIL! PLEASE LET ME HELP YOU BANISH THEM! *gives holy water*

Seriously though, if you have coding questions at all or would like some help with some things please ask... website design, especially of fansites is a hobby of mine (I just can't do graphics to save my life).
What's wrong with frames? It keeps people from bookmarking individual pages and then forgetting it's part of a whole website. Makes linking a pain, but fuck that. I'd rather be evil and force people to go in through the front door than worry about their convenience.

What would you have suggested? I did consider finding the proper code to do collapsable nav menu sections, but cba.

CelesChere said:
I think the layout could use some Lucrecia in it, please! Otherwise, looking lovely so far.
What do you mean? Visually? The layout IS a giant image of Lucrecia. xD In the crystal. It's blurry, but you should be able to make out her hands and the lower part of her face. It's from this screen shot:
http://www.midgar-rock.org/gallery/main.php?g2_itemId=12492

There will also be a few images accompanying articles that I haven't written yet.

Lawliet said:
It's a pretty site so far but a media section would definitely be nice to add a little something to it. Erm what else . . . maybe a guestbook for feedback would be good as well. Just to see what your siste visitors might think about the content as a whole.
I do intend to include a fan art section, though I'll probably have to resort to finding pieces that I like and asking the artists if I can host them on the site since I've asked people to volunteer Lucrecia fan art and recieved nothing. (Mind you, I asked my watchers on DA and most people who watch me on DA watch me for my VinLu fan art and are fans of Lucrecia themselves.)

I'm not sure about fanfiction. There are some good ones out there, though they're very few and far between, but most fanfiction involving Lucrecia totally mangles her. Even the ones that mean well. Hell, mine probably does too. And maybe that's the nature of fanfiction, but when authors mangle, say, Vincent, at least there's a healthy amount of "pure" Vincent to be found in the canon and it's easy to find it, so a poorly written fanfic!Vincent is less likely to skew a reader's perception of the actual character because they already "know" the "real" Vincent and can separate canon!Vincent from fanfic!Vincent more easily. With a character that requires so much digging to really unearth in her pure, unadulterated (by fanfiction) form, it's easier for the mind to accept that the fan depiction "is" Lucrecia rather than just some fan's version of Lucrecia because there's less "pure" Lucrecia for us to see. Also, Lucrecia more or less was a fanfiction character before she was a canon character, in a sense, so many people already have made judgments about her based on someone's fanfiction. I'd just hate to go through all the trouble to compile as much canon information about the character as possible and then throw in fanfiction.

A guestbook is an option, but I already have one on Crimson Shroud itself (my Vincent fansite, of which this "sub-site" is technically a part). I guess the necessity for one will depend on how much I intend to link this as its own, independent fansite.

Smaddy said:
I had a comment on one of your entries on the website. Should I just post it here or...?
Sure, unless you'd prefer it to be private, in which case you can PM me. But if we disagree on something I'm hardly a final authority so discussing it where others can offer insight might be a good thing.

And lol I just realized I left notes to myself in the Luci & Hojo page instead of providing what I was reminding myself to provide. Fail.

And thank you all for the feedback. :D

Last edited:

Smaddy

Green Mage
I was just going to bring up a possible point where you discuss the whole Zodiac sign thing,

... while the Libra prefers a wider social circle, but I find this difficult to apply to the shy Vincent and the flirtatious Lucrecia by any stretch of the imagination. Truly, according to the zodiac, Vincent should be the flirtatious one with Lucrecia being the more reserved partner, but we have seen in Dirge of Cerberus and Lost Episode flashbacks that this was not the case.

Had you considered including anything about the "early notes" on Vincent, where he was supposed to be the suave, ladies-man paranormal investigator?

And also, it might be interesting to look into blood types, since that's apparently almost like a type of Zodiac in Japanese culture. (I'm sure you saw the thread about it on TLS, right?) I looked at a few of the characters blood types vs the personality 'profile' of that blood type, and it's funny to see how well it matches up.

There are too many issues with frames for me to list them all, but you risk a heck of a lot of compatibility issues when using them. I understand the usefulness you see in them, but practically the same look/design can be obtained with simple css, which won't have the same compatibility issues (save a few things that are easy to fix).

Ravynne Nevyrmore

AKA
Ravynne
Smaddy said:
Had you considered including anything about the "early notes" on Vincent, where he was supposed to be the suave, ladies-man paranormal investigator?
I considered it, but I didn't think it was relevent enough to mention since this is a website about Lucrecia. Maybe if I revamp Vincent's astrology analysis on his site (which I will do someday wicba, something which has been on the to do list for over a year btw) I'll mention it there.

Regarding blood types, did you notice the introduction beneath the astrology analysis to a coming-soon blood type analysis that says "under construction"? I didn't intend to just state what her blood type is and then leave it like that forever. ;)

Wolverine said:
There are too many issues with frames for me to list them all, but you risk a heck of a lot of compatibility issues when using them. I understand the usefulness you see in them, but practically the same look/design can be obtained with simple css, which won't have the same compatibility issues (save a few things that are easy to fix).
I see. I thought all browsers worth their salt could handle frames. Well if you for any reason want to CSS-ize my layout you may certainly do so, but I cba to learn CSS in its entirety right now.

Last edited:
You are right, most modern browsers don't have troubles with frames, but I know for example my very first site was frames and my brother wasn't able to view it properly (he lives in Japan). At school when I took website coding, they taught us frames one day and the next said, "Now never use that code unless absolutely necessary. Here's how to do all that in a much better way..."

http://datanully.com/raven

Here's an example of the same site just using css. I just did the front page, changed the background so on larger screens it doesn't repeat, and changed some of your code that wasn't valid. If you want to test out your code to make sure it's valid, go to http://validator.w3.org/. I also have a habit of putting any code that is repeated at all into div classes. That way, rather than repeating it again and again, I just put <div class="classname"> </div>. You don't have to do this by any means for the code to be valid, I just find it easier for the way I code.

If you have other questions just ask.

Ravynne Nevyrmore

AKA
Ravynne
Interesting, for some reason it changed the font size of the nav menu, the quote (which isn't particularly bothersome), and the padding between the content text and the borders of that frame. Not to mention the color of ths crollbar, but I'm sure that's an easy fix.

Now since this isn't a page with copy that's longer than the "frame," I can't tell&#8212; would this version give that "frame" a scrollbar on a page with more text?

I will also shamelessly steal what you did with my background image, but I don't know how to keep it from repeating with html.

Scrollbar colours is only an IE thing, so I didn't re-add that css to that sample I did. I also left out some other stuff since I was only doing the front page as an example.

The box will scroll if the box has overflow text, I tested that out. The font size of the nav menu looks the same for me on your page and on the one I did, so perhaps it's a browser thing (I'm looking at it on a different computer in IE right now and it looks a bit smaller, but on my chrome at home it was the same).

I don't recall how to stop it from repeating in html either but the code you'd need to add to your current css file is extremely simple. In the 'body' part, add:
background-image: url('luci-bkg2.jpg');
background-color: #478093;
background-repeat : no-repeat;

The only thing you might need to change is the background link, depending on the location of the actual file. In this example I had it in the same folder as the index file.

aniron

it's me in a labyrinth
AKA
spirit chaser
Wonderful site! Great design and interesting read.
Surely, Lucrecia needs more love xd;

Top Bottom