• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

New Materia Uses.

ChipNoir

Pro Adventurer
Materia isn't always used directly in combat, or as a command at least. Though rare, you did have things like Chocobo Lure, Encounter Up/Down, and Underwater.

Between being a new battle system with an action-set up, and just an overall more interactive world, what are some other uses for materia you could see being put to good use?

The first and most obvious thing that comes to mind is a Stealth materia, and I could see this coming as a bonus with Yuffie alongside the Throw. Since we've got enemies walking around, having the ability to stealth (For a limited time and price) would be nice later on in the game, as opposed to a blanket Encounter Down type situation.

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
I'm interested in seeing how things like Long Range materia might be implemented, especially given that the characters will likely have unique combat styles. I also expect things like Elemental materia to have visible effects on attack impacts. On that note, the spells themselves will likely come with small status effects or other impacts – shocked with Lightning, burned with Fire, frozen with Ice, grouped together with Gravity, etc.

Insofar as new materia: I'd bet that we get some form of "Warp Strike" type materia that allows you to close in on an enemy with a strike, leaving you at close range when used. I'd also expect to see some materia that help to damage limbs since it seems like they're keeping a similar breaking system that FFXV had. I'm also wondering whether or not breaking the 9999 damage limit will be a weapon-exclusive ability or a high-level materia.

X :neo:

ChipNoir

Pro Adventurer
I'm interested in seeing how things like Long Range materia might be implemented, especially given that the characters will likely have unique combat styles. I also expect things like Elemental materia to have visible effects on attack impacts. On that note, the spells themselves will likely come with small status effects or other impacts – shocked with Lightning, burned with Fire, frozen with Ice, grouped together with Gravity, etc.

Insofar as new materia: I'd bet that we get some form of "Warp Strike" type materia that allows you to close in on an enemy with a strike, leaving you at close range when used. I'd also expect to see some materia that help to damage limbs since it seems like they're keeping a similar breaking system that FFXV had. I'm also wondering whether or not breaking the 9999 damage limit will be a weapon-exclusive ability or a high-level materia.

It's kinda like you answered your own question. Warp and Long Range can be the same thing. It'd be a nice answer for larger enemies that would look silly if you were killing it by attacking it's legs alone. It can allow you target part that might be out of reach, and the cost would be that eventually you have to return to the ground before you can start a new combo. But it can be a useful advantage as opposed to slamming against their legs till they fall over.

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
It's kinda like you answered your own question. Warp and Long Range can be the same thing. It'd be a nice answer for larger enemies that would look silly if you were killing it by attacking it's legs alone. It can allow you target part that might be out of reach, and the cost would be that eventually you have to return to the ground before you can start a new combo. But it can be a useful advantage as opposed to slamming against their legs till they fall over.

Not at all – Warp & Long Range are fundamentally different abilities. Warp brings you into direct close combat with an enemy, whereas Long Range strikes an enemy to deal the damage with your standard physical attack stats regardless of the distance between you and the target. Warping to an enemy with strong close combat attacks leaves you within range of being hit. Using Long Range against an enemy with close combat attacks would leave you at a safe distance safe. It's basically the difference between Noctis' & Prompto's combat styles.

Lex

Administrator
Maybe not quite new materia, but I always wanted to see what crazy combinations could be made with triple-linked slots. I don't expect that to happen, but it'd be neat.

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
Maybe not quite new materia, but I always wanted to see what crazy combinations could be made with triple-linked slots. I don't expect that to happen, but it'd be neat.

That's interesting...hmmm! Being able to link the same blue materia to two different materia? Or linking two blow to a green without needing two copies of the green? Either way, it would save you on grinding, and I imagine those weapons would come in the Late Game anyway, so that could be really cool!

Top Bottom