• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

New policy on welcome threads

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
We discussed this issue in staff earlier, and in an attempt to cut down on spam / off-topic discussions in welcome threads, we've decided to close them after they've been open for five days - which should be plenty of time to say 'o hai' to new members.

We'll be closing these threads manually, so the five days should be taken with a wide measure - although we might add a hack that automagically closes threads after that period.

We're not entirely sure on the five day limit yet though - any comments on that?

And it's still at our discretion to close threads before the limit, if they contain too much spam, off-topic posts and/or discussion.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Yeah this is probably a good idea. Even though I know I've been part of the problem myself. lol

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
Alex, Ashes, Pennywise, Bill Weasley, Jack's Smirking Revenge, Sterling Archer
I'm indifferent since I very rarely post in them anyway :monster: But yeah. makes sense.

Munatik

Beacause I am a puppet
I think five days is more than fair. I support any policy that encourages new members to post in other topics, but cuts down on the opportunity to spam. If there is anything else that needs to be said after five days, then that's what PM and visitor messages are for.

AKA
L, Castiel, Scotty Mc Dickerson
whats gonna happen if i get banzord again and i miss the five day period to say hello to fellow uber ff fans?

Alex

alex is dead
AKA

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Just stating the obvious. There's more ways to say 'welcome to the forums' than in a welcome thread, if you really feel the urge.

OneWingedDemon

NOT AMUSED
You could always just not have an intro thread. Unless they have somethign OTHER than the "Hi guys. I'm here now" to post.

Welcome threads always end up decreasing syllables as time passes. From "Welcome to the forums, so and so" to *glomp*

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
Who the shit uses glomp these days.

Baldy

000 - 000 - 009
AKA
Sienna, Jenovas-Fifth, Idris
Being a relative newbie myself, I daresay five days is plenty of time for the welcomees to ease out of their comfort zones and get into actually posting - 's a good idea in my books. :)

OneWingedDemon

NOT AMUSED
I never got the big deal over postcount. Making pointless one-word posts is likely to just have everyone constantly skip your fuckin posts. Quality uber alles, fuckers.

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
I for one will sleep easier knowing that we have an intelligent member here thats qualified to tell us what 'everybody' does when they come across a post thats too short.

Top Bottom