New Square Enix business strategy make North America the center of online games development

Unlucky

WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN
Square Enix is making "strategic changes" to its digital entertainment business, which includes turning its North American studios into a hub for online games development, the company revealed in its recently released financial results slides.

The company's domestic studios across Japan will begin focusing on the production of mobile games, while plans are underway to expand activity primarily in Asia.

Square Enix hopes to transform "the fixed-price model" of online games "into variable earnings models" like the currently under-developent free-to-play title Nosgoth.

The company is also planning on bringing sequels of popular franchises Dragon Quest and Final Fantasy Agito to mobile. The latest Final Fantasy Agito release is slated for this winter while Dragon Quest 10 will arrive on the "d-game" platform as a cloud game for smart devices between December 2013 and February 2014. Release windows for its other titles are still undecided.

source

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Japan will begin focusing on the production of mobile games

reggiewhatswrong_zps705ff259.gif

Gym Leader Devil

True Master of the Dark-type (suck it Piers)
AKA
So many names
So, I saw this mobile games crap and felt the best way to show my feelings on the matter was with a hilarious sprite comic. I was going to get a picture of SE's headquarters in Japan and do some sprite editing to A.) show my own sprite face palming before B.) giving my Hydreigon permission to use Outrage which leads to C.) a picture of the two of us standing over a smoking crater. Pictures of SE headquarters that would work for this are hard to find however, and I'm still half asleep and lazy... so everyone just pretend I did that, k? Thanks :reapermon:

Top Bottom