New Trailer Incoming @ Concert

It looks like some spiritual manifestation of "the black capes". Maybe it's to visualize a part of what a person with Jenova's cells is feeling and why they feel the incentive to dress up in black?

Kai Schulen

... ... ...▼
AKA
Trainer Red
I'm thinking we're gonna get more expansion on Aerith's Cetra abilities.

Since Sephiroth has fallen into the Lifestream and is up in the North Crater and crystalized, he's been using Jenova to fuck around with the spirits in the Lifestream, which in turn is harassing Aerith. :monster: The mist kind of reminds me of when Kadaj summons those monsters to attack Cloud and what not.

That's my guess anyhow.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Don't know if I like this swirly diversion yet. Guess we have to see what it's all about.

I do know I still hate Aerith's new dress, though. D=

Any thoughts on Heidegger telling the President the name of the group?

Is this supposed to be the first time they're hearing about it or is it more like "Hey, they're using that same name those other terrorists did"? Does this perhaps indicate that Before Crisis isn't part of the backstory of the remake?

Official instagram updated with this image

61112741_474989019938284_6768689142746609958_n.jpg

Castiel Strife

Pro Adventurer
Any thoughts on Heidegger telling the President the name of the group?

Didn’t he say that in the original game, too? Or am I reading your post wrong?

Would it be reading too much into this to note that it doesn't say "Part 1"?

Yeah, I’d say so. Didn’t they confirm after State of Play that it’s still going to be released in parts? Unless they release one base game and the other “parts” are released as DLC. I doubt very seriously they’d release the full game at once, though it’d be cool.

Theozilla

Kaiju Member
Yeah, I’d say so. Didn’t they confirm after State of Play that it’s still going to be released in parts? Unless they release one base game and the other “parts” are released as DLC. I doubt very seriously they’d release the full game at once, though it’d be cool.

Yeah they did, I went back and double checked, and the Japanese press release after the State of Play trailer reconfirmed the multiple part release.

Siliconera article: https://www.siliconera.com/2019/05/...ake-will-still-be-released-in-multiple-parts/

JPN source: https://www.jp.square-enix.com/topics/detail/801/

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
I still think it'll be in at least three parts, four the most.

Suzaku

Pro Adventurer
Probably, since Midgar has only been shown so far. Can't imagine them reversing the multi-installment format based on the material released so far.
Well, to be honest, if there is one way to recreate the experience of leaving Midgar for the first time, it would be to keep everything after Midgar out of promotional materials and leave it purely as a surprise for when the game launches.

I can't think of anything that would generate as much hype as a surprise open world section at the end of the first episode, even if it just represents the wastelands and wilderness between Midgar and Kalm.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Looks like ghosts are definitely being included in the remake now :mon:

I love that they show how legit fucking deadly the Guard Scorpion is with it jumping all over the place and shooting missiles that tear up the walls and ceiling of the Reactor. That machine is no joke.

And I literally saw every enemy from the first Mako Reactor in this trailer.

Mono Drives, Grunts, Sweepers, MPs, and 1st Rays. All in. They literally have left out none out.

Mobius Final Fantasy was fucking prophetic, lol.

The gameplay looks so amazingly fluid and thankfully NOT floaty and weird like KH. I love the way the aerial combat looks and the zoom in on character limit breaks. This is hype.

Is this supposed to be the first time they're hearing about it or is it more like "Hey, they're using that same name those other terrorists did"? Does this perhaps indicate that Before Crisis isn't part of the backstory of the remake?

I don't see how that would indicate that, he's just alerting the President what the group is calling itself.

And the fact that the iteration of AVALANCHE of FFVII isn't the first group of Planet protecting eco-terrorists to bear that name wasn't exclusive to the Compilation or a plot point that originated from BC. Barret reveals he was inspired to use that name for his group from hearing about a scholar of planet life from Cosmo Canyon who wanted to stop Shinra and formed a group by that name. There were always 2 AVALANCHEs in the original FFVII. Barret wasn't the first to create it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom