NEW TRAILER!!!!!

SirVival

Pro Adventurer
Just watched the trailer.

Meh.

You're late.

The Hero arrives always late!

My initial dislike started with the voice-acting, which seems to be done by teenagers. Now even the Bombing mission.wav playing on the background could salvage a voice acting gone wrong. Surprisingly the one to annoy me the least was Wedge, who seems to be going through his voice break -years. But it's the moment that starts at 0:40 that really scares the shit out of me. Where you actually see some of the gameplay elements. I don't know about you guys, but for me all of those "crouching and fitting through tight spots" -moments are so unnecessary. I'm not a big fan of Tomb Raider. Not to mention the resemblance to FFXIII, where you just run through hallways and then the game's already finished. On the second watch-through I was able to enjoy it a bit more, but this trailer didn't make me feel the hype in no way. On the contrary! I informed myself yesterday about the news that the game would be split into chapters, which in no way convinces me to trust SE to know what it is doing. Whatever, enjoy the beautiful graphics and the new-old cashcow, I go to play the original. Probably I'll cry a bit too.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
SirVival is never late.

Nor are they early.

SirVival arrives precisely when they mean to.

hian

Purist
I do actually think the environmental navigation in the trailer is an interesting point that few people seem to have really considered in depth.Regardless of whether we like that kinda stuff or not, it does make me wonder if they plan on making platforming/free-running a sigificant aspect of exploration and how that will effect the game I.E if the game will see large structural changes to enable that kind of game-play or if it will just be this superfluous shoe-horned thing that's just there for visual flair.

Will we be able to climb the buildings in Calm to get to hidden items, or travel faster across distances, or will platforming be a significant element of traversing dungeons etc. or are we just looking at a glorified duck, roll and jump mechanics but where movement will still be largely limited to railed and restricted environments?

Interviews seem to suggest the former though, so this really could indicate the scope of design changes we should expect from the game.

micknutson9

Pro Adventurer
Speaking of trailers, when's the next VG convention before E3 that will unveil more information or footage of the Remake? Or... Do we have to wait until E3 in July?

Starling

Pro Adventurer
Having to navigate debris in the wake of an explosion fits. I think they could do that kind of thing in other situations like climbing the wreckage of Sector 7 and all those times you had to jump around in the OG. Done right, it should make the world feel more real than travelling through conveniently unobstructed terrain even when there should be piles of scrap all over the place.

Splintered

unsavory tart
All things considered, navigating the reactors and sewers should be linear. They would be dungeons after all, most of it one time use and were already extremely linear in game. Environmental navigation is easier when you're going through a hallways, maybe.

Then again it's Nomura and I feel like in his KH experience, he would try to throw in platforming in somewhere. I'll be honest, not sure how I feel about that. Lightning Returns was a pretty open world and its platforming elements did help make the world feel more like a world, added little and easily could make the game frustrating.

The real test is to see how open Midgar is.

Top Bottom