New year, New LTD thread. (Round 5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zee

wangxian married
AKA
Zee
Although, tbh, Selphie doesn't cause enoughe rage. Rinoa starts better flamewars.

I was thinking her too, but if you can come up with a convincing tl;dr argument about train symbolism, it'd be so worth it.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
oh gamesfaqs

i remember when every new character in some upcoming game got a silly little moniker that was eventually shortened to a set of initials

and how i avoided most of the popular boards

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
Kinda on topic, kinda off topic but gamefaqs: Favorite female character:
My favorite would probably be either Heather Mason or maybe even Aya Brea.

ienjoymyhorrorsurvivalgames:sadpanda:

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
I heard Aya Brea turned into a wanking ball of angst in the new game though.
wha wha wha but she totally kicked this guy out of the way and is a total badass in PE1 with occasional moments of angst cause blah blah she's like eve waaaah

guh stupid squeenix

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
Her seeming weaker was apparently for a reason that's explained in the game. Which I have but still haven't played because I'm still finishing PE2 lolz.

I Am Not Me

The Mean Clack
AKA
Mei, Koibito, Stalker, Little Dude, Nami
On topic... :monster:

AerTi proofz.

456297.jpg

someone's being a creepy stalker desu :awesome:

Vendel

Banned
I can't wait to hear about how this new Dissidia info is meaningless.

Now the Itadaki street special opening, THAT means something.

Fighter

Pro Adventurer
The latest theory is that it's all meaningless because Cloud calls her 'dear friend'. On the other hand you have the yellow fields of love... :loopy:

Eerie

Fire and Blood
I wonder when people will get that Cloud is never going to shout "I love you" to anyone, nor "protect my lover". Like, DUH. Just the way he says "Tifa" should be enough to guess taht she's even more than a "precious friend".

That said, once again, I don't think Dissidia is to be taken seriously as hint for canon (CloTi is already canon), but much more as nods and fanservice for the canon pair - and their fans to squee. That's about it. It seems to work fine, seeing that there are many new CloTi fanarts on pixiv~~

Splintered

unsavory tart
I always have very strong beliefs that Dissidia shouldn't be taken in any romantic light/ evidence.

And with that I can enjoy the Cloud/Tifa scene to its fullest, not as a OMG CLOTI EVIDENCE, SEE HE LOVES HER, but as an honest expression of Cloud and Tifa's relationship. Sure he might seem cold on the outside, and he has serious problems communicating what he's really doing, but he cares for her deeply, and willing to go to any lengths to protect her.

Also, how much do I love it that CLOUD'S ENTIRE STORY REVOLVES AROUND TIFA AND NOT THE OTHER AWAY AROUND. Role reversal bitches. (granted, a lot of Tifa's story is still helping another angsty blond through his troubles).

Zee

wangxian married
AKA
Zee
The latest theory is that it's all meaningless because Cloud calls her 'dear friend'. On the other hand you have the yellow fields of love... :loopy:

lol reference = tru wuv

Also I haven't been keeping up with all the Dissidia vids (more interested in Kuja and Lightning tbh) but I'm sure there's better Cloti interaction than the "dear friend" line. It should be pretty obvious why him calling her a friend wouldn't exactly be a convincing argument. :\

Fighter

Pro Adventurer
Hey. As if "Mother" stopped a certain fandom. :awesome:

"Dear friend" is neither and no one's argument here. Neither confirms anything nor denies Cloud being in love with his friend. It's the context and delivery of the whole scene that people derive hints from.

Honestly it's not evidence by ltd standards. Just funny in light of the whole flower field affair.

Zee

wangxian married
AKA
Zee
I think the Clotis having a ~meaningful
death scene
for their pairing is truly the hilarious part here. :monster:

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
Tbh I find the scene of him protecting her from Sephiroth more meaningful than the death scene. It reminded me of KH2 in a way (besides the whole light bullshit), but the placement of the quote about him being cool and a hero, was just too perfect. ;o; True, it's sweet that Cloud's last living words are "Tifa", but entrusting her life in the hands of Cosmos isn't as sweet as coming in and actually interacting with her. >u<

Anywaiz I think it's safe to say the person Cloud wants to meet in this game is Tifa, and there IS no Clerith hint anywhere, as Aerith definitely is not mentioned in any way in this game. O_o So I wonder if some Cleriths will continue to support the idea of the flowerfields being a 'Clerith Ending' even though there's no mention of her anywhere, and while Tifa is the one to be strongly linked with Cloud in this game..

Last edited:

Fighter

Pro Adventurer
Not only have they their own stuff, they steal the clerith themes too. The hypocrisy is deep. Indeed. :monster:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom