New year, New LTD thread. (Round 5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tifabelle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Tifabelle, Nathan Drake, Locke Cole, Kain Highwind, Yamcha, Arya Stark
It's weird cos...they say that Tifa is acting like Aerith, and that Cloud wants to beat Tifa up. So maybe he wants to beat her up cause she's acting like Aerith. Or secretly he wants to beat up Aerith. :awesome:

Elisa Maza

Whomst
"Tifa's OOC, she acts like Aerith here, so it's not Cloti"

Translation: "What do you mean, Tifa is cheerful and optimistic? What do you mean, she values her friends and encourages them? NO! Tifa is a nag, a weakling! Only Aerith can be like this! WHAT DO YOU MEAN, MY INTERPRETATION IS WRONG???"

Obelix, dear? Mind if you share your thoughts about this with us?

35bw32v.jpg

Thank you. :awesome:

OneWingedDemon

NOT AMUSED
No, it's just another thing to complain about 'cause they're butthurt.

"Ew, her boobs jiggle. LOLOLOL her story revolves around Cloud, what a weak, clingy bitch. LOLOLOL she's so OOC. LOL, they had to make her like Aeris cause she's such a shit boring character otherwise."

LOL. Yes, because Aeris has a monopoly on being friendly. Bitch please, everyone loves Tifa in FFVII. She's personable and makes friends easily. She's optimistic and doesn't give up on people she considers her friends/family.

Tifabelle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Anyone who has played FFVII knows that Tifa is bright and optimistic. The only times when she wasn't was when there were references to the past or Nibelheim, etc. I could browse the script for the game and find plenty of examples of her being a cheerful person, but...cba.

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
Anyone who has played FFVII knows that Tifa is bright and optimistic. The only times when she wasn't was when there were references to the past or Nibelheim, etc. I could browse the script for the game and find plenty of examples of her being a cheerful person, but...cba.
considering that the game is over ten years old and the most recent compilation title would prolly be crisis core, it's not unlikely that a lot of people just haven't played the original game

I Am Not Me

The Mean Clack
AKA
Mei, Koibito, Stalker, Little Dude, Nami
I kinda like how they seem to think that all characters are one-dimensional. :monster:

If Aerith is cheerful and bright, then Tifa must be dark and brooding! IT EXPLAINS EVERYTHING! :reptar:

No such thing as other dimensions to a character! That's just bad writing! :awesome:

Tifabelle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
considering that the game is over ten years old and the most recent compilation title would prolly be crisis core, it's not unlikely that a lot of people just haven't played the original game

Certainly understandable. (though it is available for download :awesome:)

But all Cleriths are not young. That and...there are videos on youtube and game scripts all over the place for people to educate themselves. I mean...don't have such a strong opinion on something when you don't know the original story. If you're going to argue so vehemently about something, you should have all your facts in order first.

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
Certainly understandable. (though it is available for download :awesome:)

But all Cleriths are not young. That and...there are videos on youtube and game scripts all over the place for people to educate themselves. I mean...don't have such a strong opinion on something when you don't know the original story. If you're going to argue so vehemently about something, you should have all your facts in order first.

Part of the problem is that the facts and what people are vehement about quite often do not go hand in hand, and people are much more vested in the things they are vehement about than the facts, and the facts go by the wayside.

Like someone I encountered recently who tried to argue that SW:Ep1 was a financial failure because 19 other movies did better than it did in the entire history of cinema.

Zee

wangxian married
AKA
Zee

This. And considering how shoddy and watered down the characterization is outside of the OGC, no wonder people have skewed ideas about these characters.

Aeris fans are worse though, imo. DNW ~virginal, ~angelic Aeris ever.

If Aerith is cheerful and bright, then Tifa must be dark and brooding! IT EXPLAINS EVERYTHING!

Well, duh. If they wanted Tifa to be an optimistic then they gave her the wrong color scheme. She didn't even make any long cliché speeches about the power of heart. fake bitch

Splintered

unsavory tart
Aeris fans are worse though, imo. DNW ~virginal, ~angelic Aeris ever.
I was trying to get back into fanfiction, I read this fic where the first time Aerith is introduced it was something like "this quiet, pure, gentle, angelic girl" and I practically slammed my fist on the back button. Why has half the fandom forgotten the fun, flirty, and assertive character that made her awesome?

I'd blame KH but KH 2 kinda gave her back her characterization. But they gave her that god awful super sweet, super high voice. I guess I can't blame people for mixing up her character. Wait, yes I can. Play the fucking game.
This is depressing. IDK, but I don't think you can get the full grasp without putting in the effort.

Yes Aerith death is sad regardless, but you don't know true loss until you spend hours getting Great Gospel, making you have the ultimate team, only to have her taken away from you.

That's tragedy.

Zee

wangxian married
AKA
Zee
I was trying to get back into fanfiction, I read this fic where the first time Aerith is introduced it was something like "this quiet, pure, gentle, angelic girl" and I practically slammed my fist on the back button. Why has half the fandom forgotten the fun, flirty, and assertive character that made her awesome?

>Aeris
>quiet

AHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA OH GOD

Because she likes flowers and wears dresses and likes pink she must be the stupid pure angelic mary sue trope, in their eyes. I fucking hate that. What was awesome about Aeris is that she proved you could be very feminine and still be sexually confident, stubborn, and outgoing.

I'd blame KH but KH 2 kinda gave her back her characterization. But they gave her that god awful super sweet, super high voice. I guess I can't blame people for mixing up her character. Wait, yes I can. Play the fucking game.

Is it sad that I find her KH characterization better than her Compilation one? The KH manga made her a bit more awesome with her weird tea drinking quirks (and forcing Leon to shut up and drink it), CoM showed us her mysterious side, and KH2 gave her back her fun pushy quirks.

I will seriously never forgive Crisis Core for what they did to her. UUUUUUUGGGGH.

Elisa Maza

Whomst
Cloud looks like a cool, trustworthy hero, only to be a dork that cross-dresses, tries to play it too-cool-for-school only to end up as a dick, a fucked-up-in-his head loser and has the mind of a child, both in the good and in the bad sense.

Tifa looks like the self-assertive, intimidating, action!tomboy, overly sexualized, only to be an introverted, dedicated, sweet, shy and full of insecurities, that cost almost the entire world when she cannot speak up in a certain moment.

Aerith looks like the shy, pure, polite, special, timid girly!girl, only to be an assertive, extroverted, flirting, in-your-face, fairly comfortable with her sexuality woman, who has seen her past boyfriend in her current candidate!one, and trying to work her feelings about her heritage, which btw, doesn't like AT ALL.

THE MAIN TRIO IS: TAKING THE CLICHES THEIR IMAGES DEPICT AND TURNING THEM INTO THEIR HEAD.

IS THIS SO HARD FOR PEOPLE TO UNDERSTAND?????

P.S. I probably have some errors in the spelling.

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
^^This is one of the main reasons I like FFVII so much. To be fair to CC, it seems that a good portion of Aerith's attitude in FFVII is a result of Zack's influence on her in CC.

Alessa Gillespie

AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
^^This is one of the main reasons I like FFVII so much. To be fair to CC, it seems that a good portion of Aerith's attitude in FFVII is a result of Zack's influence on her in CC.
bluh bluh huge retcon

Splintered

unsavory tart
I tolerate CC because I'm a huge CC apologist because it's kind of obvious that this is not how Aerith is suppose to be. She states quite specifically that she's afraid of the sky, when it's quite clear that Aerith has a huge adventurous streak. I mean, even her official image is of her staring at the sky/highwind.

67664-aeuronautics89052_aerith_super_super.jpg

I treat it the same way I treat the fact that Sephiroth is incredibly likable in the game. You are suppose to know that Sephiroth/Aerith is not like this, so it's suppose to make you curious on why they changed.

But no one seems to get this. I seriously >:/ face every time I hear that CC!Aerith is their favorite Aerith. YOU COMPLETELY MISSED THE POINT.

It's also one of the reasons why I like FFVII original garb better than the newer ones, they seem to fit the characters more. I like Tifa's new outfit better, but her old one MADE her look like she worked in the slums and was use to dirty work. The same with Aerith, Crisis Core was very white, flowery, and virginal. But in the original game, her dress was pink and feminine, but (as ugly as it was) the red jacked also gave it an edge to it as if to visually show that she's tougher than she lets on.

Alessa Gillespie

AKA
Cloud looks like a cool, trustworthy hero, only to be a dork that cross-dresses, tries to play it too-cool-for-school only to end up as a dick, a fucked-up-in-his head loser and has the mind of a child, both in the good and in the bad sense.
I would like to point out that I never assumed Cloud was trustworthy. He seemed fine with letting a guy's kid not go to school just so he could get money, which made him seem pure and unadulterated asshole to me.

About CC Aerith... if I think back to the way I acted when I was 15/16, compared to the way I am now, 23, I changed quite a bit. Never was as outgoing as I am now, for one thing.

So honestly, I don't mind it because I like seeing that she grew up and became the person she wanted to be that we see in the original game. Highlighting what Splintered just said: "You are suppose to know that Sephiroth/Aerith is not like this, so it's suppose to make you curious on why they changed."

Splintered

unsavory tart
I would like to point out that I never assumed Cloud was trustworthy. He seemed fine with letting a guy's kid not go to school just so he could get money, which made him seem pure and unadulterated asshole to me.
Yeah but everyone's kinda fucked up in that apartment DEPARTMENT.

Tifa leaves Marlene (a four year old) alone in the bar and tells her she's in charge. In the slums. And I thought I see her mixing drinks or something.

Last edited:

Alessa Gillespie

AKA
Yeah but everyone's kinda fucked up in that apartment.

Tifa leaves Marlene (a four year old) alone in the bar and tells her she's in charge. In the slums. And I thought I see her mixing drinks or something.
I think you mean department

Psyduck-psyduck-466818_1024_768.jpg

Zee

wangxian married
AKA
Zee
The same with Aerith, Crisis Core was very white, flowery, and virginal. But in the original game, her dress was pink and feminine, but (as ugly as it was)

I liked her red jacket :sadpanda:

However her KH1 outfit will always be my favorite.

About CC Aerith... if I think back to the way I acted when I was 15/16, compared to the way I am now, 23, I changed quite a bit. Never was as outgoing as I am now, for one thing.

So honestly, I don't mind it because I like seeing that she grew up and became the person she wanted to be that we see in the original game.

I don't have a problem with her changing, but I find it inconsistent to what we knew of her in FF7 -- they show glimpses into her childhood, and we get insight to her through Elmyra and Tseng. From what was gathered, she was a really loud and obnoxious kid. Her mother said she talked all the time. Tseng commented on how cold she was. Soooo...a lot of her interactions just didn't make any sense to me.

HURR DURR ZACK ARE YOU A SOLIDER? I MEAN, I CAN'T TELL WITH YOU WEARING THE UNIFORM AND CARRYING A BIG FUCKING SWORD AROUND. MAYBE YOUR STRONG ARMS CAN PROTECT ME BECAUSE I'M SO SCARED OF THE SKY/SOLDIERS/DUST PARTICLES

I pretty much expected Zack to be attracted to Aeris because she was really flirty and weird and un-phased by danger and just generally would take the piss with all his heroic crap. Or even shrug him off altogether for working with Shinra and really make him earn her trust. There's just a million ways this dynamic is interesting but it's not because Aeris is full retard in this game. Her English voice actor isn't doing her any favors either.

Like, I always thought a younger Aeris would be more irritating and in your face, and then Zack's disappearance and eventual death lead to her being a bit more withdrawn and ~mysterious.

TL;DR there were ways to show Aeris progressing as a character without taking away nearly everything that made her interesting in the first place. I don't feel like anything in this game did her any favors in terms of her development or understanding how she got to where she was in FF7. UUUUGH SMH I COULD RANT FOREVER

I Am Not Me

The Mean Clack
AKA
Mei, Koibito, Stalker, Little Dude, Nami

She was mixing drinks. I remember. :monster: I thought it was adorable.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
But guiz I never saw Tifa as cheerful so this is a contradiction lawz

Why does the possibility of them being wrong never come up? Sometimes seriously, I wish there was a way to whack people upside the head through the internets.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
What's really bugging me is I seem to remember quite a handful of certain people wanting Tifa to be independent in this game and head strong and to really take the bull by the horns. They didn't want Tifa to cling to Cloud and were hoping to see her fighting for herself. Well, they got that, and now that she does, they complain she's OOC.

and Marlene was mixing drinks? Why don't I remember that? XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom