• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

New year, New LTD thread. (Round 5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Ava, Spike Spiegel, Stella Nox Fleuret, Altair Ibn-La'Ahad, Princess Zelda, Alice, Raven Roth, Faye Valentine, Tifa Lockhart, Khal Drogo
Yeah, I'm pretty sure no one has really gotten offended by it here, because like you said, they got tough skin (but they might have, can't speak for them, really). But isn't this type of stuff the reason why TLS has/had such a bad rep and also the reason why many new Cleriths don't like to come in here because they do get offended by something like that?

I dunno, it isn't that big of a deal and most fans can overlook something like that (most did because she's had it for a while :P) because, like you also said, there has been worse. I still don't like it much, though. :\

Fairheartstrife

[no fucks given]
AKA
FHS, that cloti bitch
But isn't this type of stuff the reason why TLS has/had such a bad rep and also the reason why many new Cleriths don't like to come in here because they do get offended by something like that?

I think most Cleriths don't come here because the debate is dead and they've accepted that Cloti is the canon relationship--even if they prefer Clerith. The LTD is resolved. Talking about WHY you like Clerith would be fine in a shipping thread, but I've always viewed the LTD thread as the 'let's determine canon' thread (and random fuckery to boot). It's great fun and all, but it really goes nowhere new. It's a rehash of old arguments and some mockery of faceless shippers.

I dunno, it isn't that big of a deal and most fans can overlook something like that (most did because she's had it for a while :P) because, like you also said, there has been worse. I still don't like it much, though. :\

Yeah, I didn't even notice it until it was pointed out. It's kind of a lame sig, as sigs go. But, ehn, to each their own. :D

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
Yeah, I didn't even notice it until it was pointed out. It's kind of a lame sig, as sigs go. But, ehn, to each their own. :D
Insofar as my thoughts, it was never brought up until post-wanky-Inuyasha threads. So I assume that people were like 'how can you say Clerith is ridiculous when you think incest is canon?'

Fairheartstrife

[no fucks given]
AKA
FHS, that cloti bitch
Insofar as my thoughts, it was never brought up until post-wanky-Inuyasha threads. So I assume that people were like 'how can you say Clerith is ridiculous when you think incest is canon?'

Pointing out that flawed logic makes a lot more sense to me than someone being all: "How can you say that about Cleriths! It's so offensive." And yeah, there's a wire crossed in the circuits there... just... ew. :no:

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
It's just particularly filled with irony that she bitches about how Cleriths interpret everything incorrectly and then goes on to say that she honestly believes that Rumiko Takahashi wants people to draw an incestuous conclusion from Inuyasha. (Sesshoumaru/His dad)

In short, flaming hypocrisy.

Basically, she has a worse case of A implies B which goes to C than most canon-shipping Cleriths do. When she uses logic, it's more like "A implies B which goes to Z which means Sesshoumaru wants to have sex with his dad!"

Her logic boiled down to "There is no way a son might be jealous of his father's new wife and their child unless he wanted to be romantically involved with his father."

and isn't nearly as bad as the pinker-nazi sig that was floating around before.

I think that was one of FFG's sigs, no? I'm still not sure why she made that joke.

That's my take on it. I'm not sure about Aaron, but the absurdity of trying to lecture people about their crazed shipping habits while having ones just as crazy was what got most people here going.

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
That was the main motivation, yes. However, calling an entire group of shippers "fantard" [sic] is still pretty uncalled-for.

Marle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Ava, Spike Spiegel, Stella Nox Fleuret, Altair Ibn-La'Ahad, Princess Zelda, Alice, Raven Roth, Faye Valentine, Tifa Lockhart, Khal Drogo
I can't help but feel that if it was something against Cloti, people may have reacted sooner. :monster:

Last edited:

I Am Not Me

The Mean Clack
AKA
Mei, Koibito, Stalker, Little Dude, Nami
I can't help but feel that if it was something against Cloti, people may have reacted sooner. :monster:

I think, like I said before, people avoided reading too much of the small red text. :awesome: or just me

To be honest I never fully read any of her posts. At least make the font a bit bigger and cleaner like Wolfwood-san. :monster:

Someone else has unreadable dark blue font around here. :shifty:

AS FOR ME, I LOVE MY SUPER PRETTY PINK FONT. :reptar:

Fairheartstrife

[no fucks given]
AKA
FHS, that cloti bitch

A sig mocking clotis or calling them delusional would have been met with mockery and ridicule, (and a feeling of superiority because clotis rule:awesome:) and not: "Ouch, that hurts. You don't know me in real life, so how dare you mock my shipping preference." I'm not trying to pick on you, but really, it's a minor, minor thing. Shippers ARE fantards. ALL OF THEM. If that hurts someone, then sorry (well, not all that sorry). But, seriously, actually giving a rats ass about fictional characters to the point of debating them is a bit 'tarded. :loopy: And I'm a shipper.

Marle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
S'okay, I'm just being a shit disturber. :awesome:

I Am Not Me

The Mean Clack
AKA
Mei, Koibito, Stalker, Little Dude, Nami
But, seriously, actually giving a rats ass about fictional characters to the point of debating them is a bit 'tarded.

Or to the point of making a thread dedicated to venting about the opposing shippers. :monster:

BUT WHAT DO I KNOW. :reptar:

/shuts up

Marle

Pro Adventurer
AKA

Marle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Off topic: that dog freaks me the hell out...

As for the venting about opposing shippers? Does not exist at the Cloti forum I go to. :D Despite it being dead, I really love those forums. Everyone is so mature about that sort of stuff and there's even a Clerith fanclub where I spam- I mean post pretty Clerith fanart :awesome:

Wish it would come back to life, though...:rabbit:

Zee

wangxian married
AKA
Zee
i want everyone to stop acting victimized and bitching about what people over the internet say about them as if it has any bearing on their daily life

i'd like this topic to get less shitty where we were at least talking about interesting character shit with a dash of mass effect and lesbians and possibly hometuck and everyone kept their sense of humor at all times

tumblr_lihukmZF4t1qzhkt5.gif

Marle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Zee, I can always count on you to bring this back to lesbians. :awesome:

So, AerTi canon, yes?

valentine-1.jpg

I dare you to argue they are less canon than Fang/Vanille. I DARE YOU. :shifty:

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
As for the venting about opposing shippers? Does not exist at the Cloti forum I go to. :D Despite it being dead, I really love those forums. Everyone is so mature about that sort of stuff and there's even a Clerith fanclub where I spam- I mean post pretty Clerith fanart :awesome:

They're actually thinking about changing the venting section on CxA which I think is a huge step in the right direction.

Marle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
They're actually thinking about changing the venting section on CxA which I think is a huge step in the right direction.

Gonna be honest, I never go there so I barely know anything about that place. :monster: But I guess that's good. We should all just lub one another. I need a tree hugging gif.

Back to lesbians! :awesome: Nao, who has an essay on why AerTi is more canon than CloTi/Clerith? :wacky:

EurAsianGirl

Pro Adventurer
AKA
FireMikoKagomechan
EurAsianGirl's signature does not do that. So I'm not sure why you're bringing this up. Obviously some people will get offended no matter how specific others are. However if you can't see why a lot more people than that would be offended by a signature that is so vague and unspecific in its wording that it might reasonably be interpreted as implying every Clerith shipper is a crazy spirit sex type person ("Support Clerith, because," as though it's the reason to support Clerith) then I don't know what to tell you.

Furthermore, just because making a distinction does not prevent everyone from getting offended does not mean one should not continue being as specific as possible and refraining from making sweeping generalisations. Sweeping generalisations, after all, are hardly accurate in most cases and therefore do not do wonders for one's own credibility.

Or maybe people could just take the small trouble to distinguish between regular Clerith shippers and pinkers in their posts instead of referring to Clerith shippers as a monolithic group. It's not particularly difficult to do.

Yeah, see, the thing is, your sig doesn't differentiate between the crazy people and the people who just think the pairing is cute. And you're continuing to generalise even in this post. You're saying "their arguments" as though Cleriths are a monolithic group who all have the same views. They most assuredly do not, just as shippers of pretty much any other pairing imaginable do not.

And you're doing it here too. It has not been my experience that "most Cleriths" do this. Perhaps most people who still argue that Clerith is canon do this, but these people do not represent "most Cleriths."

You have been repeatedly told to stop posting this nonsense, and you have already managed to get two of your own threads closed as a result of it. If you continue to persist in bringing it up, particularly in topics where it is not even relevant, there will almost certainly be adverse consequences for your account such as infractions and possibly bannings.

I thought it was pretty obvious that my signature was directed only towards the nutty Cleriths, I didn't for it to imply ALL Cleriths.

Also I don't believe all Clerith's are crazy, just the ones that still think Clerith is canon. I'm okay with people that are just simple fans of the pairing and acknowledge that it's not canon but those that STILL think they have a basis for their argument that Clerith is canon annoy the fuck out of me and I feel they're quite honestly crazy, since it's been stated outright in plain words and images from the Compilation and Ultimania that Cloud/Tifa is canon.

Seriously the signs for them being canon can't get anymore obvious, it's almost like Cleriths can't pick up huge freaking hints and need a big flashing boulboard by Square shouting, "ATTENTION CLOTI IS CANON!!!!" Tell me that doesn't make someone retarded if they need that kind of announcement for them to finally get it through their heads.

That's why I find most of them crazy or just plain dumb because they really can't see the way things are even though it's practically spelled out right in front of their noses.

Also as for the Inuyasha thing....Sorry I mentioned it in this forum I was just responding to the post Quexinos made about it. I won't bring it up again in this forum and I saw your post in my closed Inuyasha thread and I promise I won't make anymore threads regarding that subject, so don't worry.

Thank you for being so understanding, Mr./Ms Mod :)

Marle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Seriously the signs for them being canon can't get anymore obvious, it's almost like Cleriths can't pick up huge freaking hints and need a big flashing boulboard by Square shouting, "ATTENTION CLOTI IS CANON!!!!" Tell me that doesn't make someone retarded if they need that kind of announcement for them to finally get it through their heads.

That's why I find most of them crazy or just plain dumb because they really can't see the way things are even though it's practically spelled out right in front of their noses.

Hun, oh hun. It's not nice to call other people names. :no: I don't agree with Clerith being canon either, but I don't think the fans that do should be labelled as such. Afterall, we're all FF7 fans in the end, right? :D

Can we go back to lesbians? Please? :(I have a feeling a shit storm is around the corner...Eek!

ZEE, AYA, HELP ME POST ABOUT LESBIANS QUICK. O_O

Splintered

unsavory tart
Fine then, new topic.

Seeing as their years gaps between different installments, being OG, AC, CC, and our own translations of the Ultimanias, do you think your ideas shifted from what was canon?

Even those who thought OG made Cloti canon, you didn't even think that there was any wiggle room for Clerith argument? And that later installments just solidified the "fact."
I thought it was pretty obvious that my signature was directed only towards the nutty Cleriths, I didn't for it to imply ALL Cleriths.

Also I don't believe all Clerith's are crazy, just the ones that still think Clerith is canon. I'm okay with people that are just simple fans of the pairing and acknowledge that it's not canon but those that STILL think they have a basis for their argument that Clerith is canon annoy the fuck out of me and I feel they're quite honestly crazy, since it's been stated outright in plain words and images from the Compilation and Ultimania that Cloud/Tifa is canon.

Also as for the Inuyasha thing....Sorry I mentioned it in this forum I was just responding to the post Quexinos made about it. I won't bring it up again in this forum and I saw your post in my closed Inuyasha thread and I promise I won't make anymore threads regarding that subject, so don't worry.

Thank you for being so understanding, Mr./Ms Mod :)
You're my favorite troll. You're so polite.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom