• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

NieR: Automata | Community Playthrough 2019! |

Clement Rage

Pro Adventurer
They do say that, it's extremely unconvincing. 9S has previously hacked the Bunker itself and Eve, the governing intelligence of the machine armies. Even Simone, Homicidal Disney Princess, can hack Yorha drones, them being suddenly impregnable is not very plausible. In the previous mission, he finds a specifically impregnable to intrusion robot governing the AA defences, and it takes him all of three minutes to find a back door, most of which is walking across the bridge time. Prior to the virus hitting, he's capable of hacking like forty attacking robot drones in the middle of a battle with no difficulty.

There may be a big reveal later than 9S is corrupted by Adam or something, but as of now, not a fan of this. I'm over reacting because this is my personal least favourite thing to see ever, but even so, I think this could have been done better.

Last edited:

Clement Rage

Pro Adventurer
I admit to curiosity on the correct applications of super smiley cartoon poop. In which situations is this correctly applied?

Also, still not sure what happened in that bossfight, was that just an expendable body or what? (if this is answered later please don't clarify)

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
And we already know that SE had designed the gear for the first YoRHa raid in FFXIV and that Yoshida thinks it looks good. Yoko Taro is also going to be showing up at the new FFXIV Live Letter on 9/15, so that'll be a blast

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
PWQQ10kMVwWXIIKBF1YDGIrNOs.jpg

So that is the image splash of what FFXIV's next 24-man raid series (aka where FFXIV gets to show of how much of a spectacle it really can be) is. The name of the raid series is YoRHa: Dark Apocalypse and Yoko Taro and Yosuke Saito are collaberating with the FFXIV team on how the story is going to go. It's similar to the Return to Ivalice raid series where Matsuno collaborated with the FFXIV team about the story in Stormblood.

About a month before each major patch, Yoshida, the FFXIV producer does a "Live Letter" where he goes over stuff that is coming in the next patch. It often includes an interview with various members of the dev team (or in this case, guest creators), which are always fun to watch if you are into game development.

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
Part 1 - C
- Are you still here?
Yep...
- Are you still hungry for answers?
Yeah... What's up with these red-headed girls?

And it looks like A2 is going to upgraded to a main character. I really want to know what's going on with her...
- Are you ready to kick robot ass?
Yes? This got a bit more complicated since the game decided to remind us that all the characters are indeed robots even if they obviously have feelings. And that includes parts of robots like back-up servers and computer viruses...

So I'll admit I went ahead to a certain part...
The part where the tower juts out of the center city area and 9S wakes up in the Resistance Camp. I think I'm about to go on a side-quest spree.

Seeing him mention that the androids can't auto-back-up anymore was a bit of a tearjerker.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
This Automata concert is the shit:

Emi Evans wrote the lyrics to the songs and created the pseudo-English gibberish language to use for the games, which is pretty freakin awesome.
And the dual vocals on A Beautiful Hope (the amusement park boss) sound so cool.

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
So about a month later here's an update! I've fallen behind massively on these chapters, super sorry for that! My aim is to get these remaining chapters finished before the NieR content gets added to FFXIV. So let's finish game in the next couple weeks!

Part 2 - C: DiscoverY

forestnier.jpg

As previously mentioned the chapters become a bit tricky here! Carrying on we're gonna work under the assumption you'll play as one character and then switch to the next!
We have both our characters investigating simultaneously as more mysteries pop up!

End of Part 2-C is after you've gained the Forest Access Key as 9S

PRO TIP:
Given how many plug-in chips you have, it's a good idea to experiment a little bit with what you have. Being balanced is great but there's a lot of opportunities for being nigh unkillable or dealing crazy damage (especially as A2) with the right chips!

Questions!
- How do you feel about the departure of a well-played character?
- Are you bored of hacking yet? (don't be)
- Have you tried releasing your limiters as A2? (same buttons as self-destruct)

Clement Rage

Pro Adventurer
Humiliating Death Count (so far, will almost inevitably rise): 6

Holy crap. What was this worm doing this entire time?

Hegel: Ho hum, lot of earthquakes lately. I'll look into that right after I crack this linear progression of time problem.

Pacifist giant machines: I have my principles, but I really must object to you cutting me into tiny pieces.

A2: Objection Duly Noted.

Hegel: HEY! I'M TRYING TO THINK DOWN HERE!

Clement Rage

Pro Adventurer
How do you feel about the departure of a well-played character?

Truthfully, all the other losses were so crushing that it doesn't register. I still don't feel I got to know 2B well, and the loss of Yorha hit me hard.

Nope. I'm terrible at fighting, but hacking is fun, and I'm getting decent at it by now.

Uh...which buttons are those again? If that's the same as B mode, I tried it on pod's suggestion and instantly died.

Picked A2 first, on the basis that I wanted to know more about her and the assumption that since I was bad at fighting, I'd save the hacking for presumably higher level enemies.

Passive aggressive pods was funny. Whoever programmed the 'repeat state intentions every thirty seconds' policy knew their combat units. Sniff.

Checked in to Resistance camp to see if Anemone had anything to say, given she seemed to know A2, but she wasn't there. A2 didn't want to go to Pascal's village either, so I gave in and hit the desert, where three oddly pacifistic machines were minding their own business. Like, even when I was attacking them, they only struck back every minute or so, occasionally still catching me off guard and killing me, it must be said.

Then Hegel burst out to avenge the fallen. A2 suggested B Mode, but I'm far too ineffective to make sacrificing defence for power a viable strategy. Pod then suggested ranged weapons, taking pity on me. Every time I attempted any strategy beyond 'run in circles blindly firing' I got stomped, so I stuck to that, despite my super cowardly style being very out of character for A2.

Hard as it was, this is now my favourite bossfight. Hegel is the scariest thing in the machine army, surpassing even scorpion thingy.

Humiliating Death Count post Hegel:12 Even my foolproof 'run in circles in as cowardly a fashion as possible' strategy tended to fail me when I got caught on walls or ran into mini Hegels.

Then switched to 9S, waking up in the Resistance camp, the the two new mystery medics. Even the Resistance is decimated now. Also, got mail from the Council of humanity, who is sending them with YorHa gone?

I went on a mission to find someone's friends, and predictably they were all dead. Even the questgiver wasn't expecting them alive, by now they know everyone 9S is sent after will be dead, we don't rescue people, we just find bodies. Stumbled across 2B's flight unit and her last message, just to twist the knife, then investigated the mystery tower and got directed to the forest.

So went there, climbed a tower and killed everything that moved. The Forest Kingdom wants revenge, although I dunno how they got into this brand new tower. Something seems to be controlling them? Got forest access key, killed the reactor core.

Back to A2.

[/spoiler]

Reactions: Joe

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
Part 2-C
- How do you feel about the departure of a well-played character?
Pretty well done. NieR: Automana makes an amazing use of "game mechanics as storytelling" so seeing the UI glitch out feels really sad.
No... not yet...
Yep! And I'm now eyeing the Anti-Chain Damage and Auto-Heal chips and wondering what happens in Berserk Mode if it get the +8♦ versions of them...

So I might have just gone on and finished the entire game... and am now in the realm of farming chips... I do have to say... having a Weapon Damage +8♦ chip is really nice...

And before anyone worries, no, I'm not going to spoil stuff.

What are your fav themes so far?
Oh man... That is so hard...

City Ruins (both versions) are really good examples of simple-sounding music that isn't boring to listen to.
Birth of a Wish (Become as Gods) is an amazing final dungeon theme.
End of the Unknown (Adama and Eve boss theme) shows just how much sound design matters in games. If the entire game had that kind of modern electric style, it would be pretty generic OST. But having one track in that style highlights just how weird Adam and Eve are compared to the rest of the characters. And that turns it from what might be a generic track to really good one.
The Sound of the End is a great medley of a lot of the action sequence BGMs.

And the entire soundtrack is an amazing example of how it's possible to get across emotions in music with no understandable words.

Speaking of Words... Here's both sets of lyrics for Weight of the World. The English version is 2B's perspective. The Japanese version is 9S's perspective.

I feel like I'm losing hope
In my body and my soul
And the sky, it looks so ominous

And as time comes to a halt,
Silence starts to overflow
My cries are inconspicuous

Tell me, God, are you punishing me?
Is this the price I'm paying for my past mistakes?

This is my redemption song
I need you more than ever right now
Can you hear me now?

'Cause we're going to shout it out
Even if our words seem meaningless
It's like I'm carrying the weight of the world

I wish that someday, somehow,
That I could save every one of us,
But the truth is that I'm only one girl...

Maybe if I keep believing, my dreams will come to life...
Come to life...

After all the laughter fades,
Signs of all life washed away
I can still, still feel a gentle breeze

No matter how hard I pray,
Signs of warning still remain
And life has become my enemy...

Tell me, God, are you punishing me?
Is this the price I'm paying for my past mistakes?

This is my redemption song
I need you more than ever right now
Can you hear me now?

Come to life...

Still, we're going to shout it out

Come to life...

My salvation fades away
My body froze in place
Even now, the sky is still so dark

The stopped clocks
The unsounding machines
That my voice could not reach

This is my curse
The depth of the sins I committed
Was your wish
But for embracing this impure soul, I will redeem

And so we right now
Ah, even though it's worthless, I still cry out
The song of that broken world

And so we right now
Ah, even though it's meaningless, I still wish
Just for a future together with you

May your smile on that day... Lovingly disappear...

The overflowing greenery
And the spilling life
Even now, the wind is still so far away

The peeling rust
And the twisting blade
There in the forest where death lurks

This is my curse
The pain of killing a promise
Was your wish
But for throwing away my very last dream, I will atone

And so we right now
The love of this corrupted world

And so we right now
Just for more time together with you

May your drowned consciousness... Gently disappear...

And so we right now
The song of that broken world

And so we right now
Just fr a future together with you

And so we right now
The love of this corrupted world

And so we right now
For more time together with you

Even if my prayers will not grant me forgiveness, I...

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
More teased images from the FFXIV NeiR raid...

2P render

9aj_I5fSL9LlZNNPsnYsQR0BNA.jpg

2P and some FFXIV Dwarves... The side-quest these Dwarves are involved with is full of NeiR references...

7ibH4exN9XjxCpwfSgluR38Bv8.jpg

I don't know if I should be impressed or horrified that the machines look so good in FFXIV...

gdivPJS7Cc7b8BYO8v_P0Yime4.jpg

The Factory looks like itself at least... let's hope it stays that way... it is The Copied Factory after all... looks nervously at the Copied City in NeiR: A

mqwuD0H7VFO8rHiWNcONbScc8A.jpg

Oh god... who came up with this machine design? And nope... there is no dodge button in FFXIV... Healers... have fun...

CkHshVzOivLUvWkwrook1qwXqw.jpg

Top Bottom