• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Nier

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
Played for five hours straight last night. I love this game. I think a lot of what I love about it is it captures the essence of what games were like for me growing up (especially FF titles). An example of this is me straying a fair bit out of my way to go investigate a certain point on the map, and finding a hidden weapon.
Now that seems like something small but these days it's enough to really get me going.

On top of that the animations and music are 11/10 good. I mean really, really good.

I checked out both voice options and for me I greatly prefer the Japanese. The main characters have largely different personalities based off how the VAs play them, so I felt the need to go with how they were intended to be.
Very happy with it so far. More to come.

Unit-01

Might be around.
AKA
Sic, Anthony
I just recently started playing this game.

Seems pretty good so far, and I want to know where it goes.

Splintered

unsavory tart
I've only started but I'm enjoying it. Platinum did wonder for its gameplay, and it looks like his storytelling and humor is still intact. I hope its reviews get people to play or at least lp the first Nier game, it's such an underappreciated gem.

Unit-01

Might be around.
AKA
Sic, Anthony
I finished Path A, in basically one sitting.

I know there is a lot more to be done, but I'm glad I finally have 9S's hacking ability.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Started playing today.

If you die in the prologue it gives you a bit of a joke ending, saying the Earth becomes a paradise for machines and then you get ending credits in fast forward :wacky:

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
There appears to be a whole bunch of 'bad ends'

I got one on my second playthrough where I just wandered off in the wrong direction. Something along the lines of "And they were never seen again." :wacky:

Unit-01

Might be around.
AKA
Sic, Anthony
Non-Spoiler thoughts-

I just "finished" the game, I got ending C...

But my god, what a damn roller coaster once you get to the third play through... Also, even though I haven't played Drakengard or the original Nier, I did look up the connections and seriously do appreciate them.

Now only if we are able to open the doors behind the apologetic machines...

Just stat wise, I finished my third play though with level 99, because I went from 60-99 in like 30 minutes because of a trick at the park. Also, I'm about done 85% of the side quests, the last ones I need to do I need to find on the third play though.

Also I managed to fully upgrade the Engine Blade... and it's amazing once you get it to max.

What an amazing game, one of the most unique games I have played in a while. I would seriously be interested if any DLC were to come around.

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
So I just finished. Finished finished. I am at a loss for words. I bought this game because the combat looked really fun and to tide the gap before Mass Effect Andromeda.

This is the best game I've played since The Witcher 3 and probably now one of my favourite games of all time.

I've just been blankly staring at the title screen for an hour now.

Unit-01

Might be around.
AKA
Sic, Anthony
Finished my first playthrough. This game is good shit, yo.

It's only just beginning.

@Joe -

Yea man, I find myself very conflicted with the ending. It was great, don't get me wrong, but it at least left me wanting a lot more, which I've been doing my research and Yoko Taro isn't know for giving direct answers and leaving it up for interpretation. Fully respect that, too many games gives everything wrapped up nice and neat with their stories. It's left open to interpretation if the Pods even decide rebuild 9S,2B, and A2 or if they follow orders. Another thing is that unless there is some type of sequel we won't get a "true" ending between the 3.

But yea loved this game, and I still need to fight Emil as I have level 99 now, and I just need to upgrade my weapons.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Got ending B. Also K and N. :wacky:

I accidentally killed one of the friendly machines in Pascal's village while trying out a new weapon :wacky:

I felt bad for a moment. Then I wondered how far this could be taken.

Basically this:

a8c.jpg

And thus, Ending N.

Anyway, so second playthrough had some cool extra bits even though sadly it was mostly retreading familiar stuff. The hacking stuff was a neat gimmick although I really missed controlling 2B and having both heavy and light attacks.

Looks like playthrough C is going forward in the story, I'm looking forward to that.

Of course, with there being no humans and no aliens, there really is no reason for androids and machines to fight each other so this is probably all gonna end in tears.

I'm glad I had watched a playthrough of the first Nier prior to this. Means I already have the context for the Project Gestalt reports since they're straight out of that game.

I really wanna know where the story is going. When I got the game I thought I'd just play it for a bit past the prologue and then continue playing Zelda but I'm totally hooked. I don't think I can return to Zelda unless I finish this. :lol:

I kinda really like the sidequests here. The quests themselves are mostly standard stuff but I enjoy those little narratives and the insight they give you into the people that inhabit this world and the worldbuilding stuff :monster:

Also, love the shoot 'em up sections. :P

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
I really wanna know where the story is going. When I got the game I thought I'd just play it for a bit past the prologue and then continue playing Zelda but I'm totally hooked. I don't think I can return to Zelda unless I finish this. :lol:
This was me with Horizon. Got thoroughly hooked on NieR and couldn't play anything else til I saw it through. Phenomenal story and experience.

@Joe -

Yea man, I find myself very conflicted with the ending. It was great, don't get me wrong, but it at least left me wanting a lot more, which I've been doing my research and Yoko Taro isn't know for giving direct answers and leaving it up for interpretation. Fully respect that, too many games gives everything wrapped up nice and neat with their stories. It's left open to interpretation if the Pods even decide rebuild 9S,2B, and A2 or if they follow orders. Another thing is that unless there is some type of sequel we won't get a "true" ending between the 3.

But yea loved this game, and I still need to fight Emil as I have level 99 now, and I just need to upgrade my weapons.
You know I'm cool with an unclear ending, and I'm cool not getting a sequel. For me everything from start to finish was one complete experience and I'm happier for it. I may not even want dlc. It was kinda like Journey in that, it is what it is and it leaves you a bit fulfilled and at a loss by the end.

I'm going to start a new save tonight because I deleted all my data at the end of E. I couldn't NOT do it. The only way I got ending E was with the help of other players choosing to sacrifice their data to help me through that sequence. After that, I had to do the same.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
So I just went from doing side missions in Pascal's village to help them build a slide for the machine children and watching them have fun to OH MY GOD EVERYTHING BURNS EVERYONE IS DEAD AND ALL THE MACHINE CHILDREN FUCKING KILL THEMSELVES IN GRIEF WHAT THE FUCK

And now Pascal's memory is deleted and I see him in the village with 9S and I'm like "uh so how ya holdin' u- OH MY GOD ARE YOU SELLING THEIR BODY PARTS THIS IS SOME MORBID SHIT I'MMA FUCK OFF OUTTA HERE Y'ALL MOTHERFUCKERS NEED JESUS no scratch the jesus thing it didn't work out for the believers in the factory because that was some fucked up shit too"

fuck man what is even going on ;__;

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
So I just went from doing side missions in Pascal's village to help them build a slide for the machine children and watching them have fun to OH MY GOD EVERYTHING BURNS EVERYONE IS DEAD AND ALL THE MACHINE CHILDREN FUCKING KILL THEMSELVES IN GRIEF WHAT THE FUCK

And now Pascal's memory is deleted and I see him in the village with 9S and I'm like "uh so how ya holdin' u- OH MY GOD ARE YOU SELLING THEIR BODY PARTS THIS IS SOME MORBID SHIT I'MMA FUCK OFF OUTTA HERE Y'ALL MOTHERFUCKERS NEED JESUS no scratch the jesus thing it didn't work out for the believers in the factory because that was some fucked up shit too"

fuck man what is even going on ;__;
So fun fact:
As I was telling Sic yesterday there's actually another option available to you with Pascal. You can....walk away. He interrupts you every few steps to plead with you for you to end him/wipe him. As you exit the factory and the doors close behind you, he curses A2.

This was hard to do. I found the idea of wiping Pascal (or worse) just too damn hard and hoped I could find a way around it. Well I did and it hurt a lot :closedmonster:

I tried to find a video of it but I can't find one on YouTube.

Unit-01

Might be around.
AKA
Sic, Anthony
^@Tets and Joe

Yea, you have 3 options with Pascal- destroy, wipe, or walk away. Personally I couldn't take myself to destroy Pascal, but I never knew you could just walk away. As for Pascal selling the remains of her village including the Children's Cores.... (which is extremely fucked up, but so is the general world... thanks Taro) having Pascal as a vendor lets you stock up on some upgrades materials for a bunch of weapons...

You'll need all weapons completely maxed to fight Emil and get ending Y. This isn't to say that put a few drop rate chips on and destroy machines would let you farm the same materials, but having Pascal as a vendor does help.

BTW? Has anyone actually gotten the first or second Emil fight? I finally found his true home(not the Lunar Tear cave, but a completely different area) and I stole the mask. But I haven't gone back to fight him. Also LPT: Talk to Emil before you go and search out his house or else it will be locked.

Last edited:

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Are these extra endings from full subsequent playthroughs, or is it like the first Nier that you just start again for the last quarter of the game or so?

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
^
In Route B you play through the story again as 9S instead of 2B. It's mostly retreading the same stuff with some extra bits for 9S.
Route C continues from after Endings A and B.
After that you get a chapter select. Jumped straight back to the final chapter to get endings D and E.

Edit: wtf there is a shop now that lets me buy
trophies. Uh yeah, I was planning on getting the platinum for that but I think I'll do it legit. Just buying them seems to kinda defeat the point...

Last edited:

Kuja9001

Ooooh Salty!
AKA
roxas9001, Krat0s9001, DarkSlayerZero
I'm on the B route now.

Hacking is annoying at times.

I like seeing things from a different perspective.

Top Bottom