• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

No Man's Sky

Claymore

3x3 Eyes
Version 1.08 came out yesterday. Various fixes, stability issues (the game no longer 'hangs' on each save waypoint), and graphic upgrades. Some have reported an improvement in some of the weather and element graphics, including sun lens flare, but not been on any appropriate planets to check this out yet.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias

Wow. Harsh, Sony dude.

The folks at The Know were a lot kinder to Sean Murray here than I thought they should have been (seriously, whatever "vision" you have for what you want a game to be, you know whether it actually contains the feature), but they seem like cool people. Or maybe I just have a crush on Ashley Jenkins.

Last edited:

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
Is all that necessary? ... I mean... this seems like overkill. I don't know what people expect to come of this at this point

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Seems fair to me. I don't believe the game is suffering a symbolic thrashing either.

Unlike most games, which do have things about them that inevitably get lost from early production and marketing to final release, this one not only had a ton of features promised then not delivered -- but a none-too-small number of those features remained in the marketing right up to release with nary a statement that they wouldn't be present after all.

Murray and HG deserve whatever comes of this.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
I guess I didn't know they could do that but... well let that be a lesson for others who make games and make promises they can't keep

Claymore

3x3 Eyes
For the handful of people still playing ... version 1.09 went live and address 30+ bug fixes as well as some gameplay difficulty changes.

They are also working on the first 'content update'. No ETA though.

Claymore

3x3 Eyes
That was a really well spoken and presented segment, though I wish he actually discussed what went wrong rather than just regurgitating the 'broken promises / dreams' angle and really tackled the issues at hand with NMS.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
He's going to catch some heat for even admitting that he knew back in March that players wouldn't be getting the game they were led to believe while saying nothing about it publicly up through release and beyond -- but it sounds like he offered Hello Games constructive criticism that could only have helped had they acted on it.

I'm mostly just shocked at how candid about it all he was.

Hello Games broke their Twitter silence.

zlaENmxh.jpg

I take it as it didn't come out the way they were envisioning at the begining, and it's brought them nothing but trouble since release.

It seems like they also removed the tweet already.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
That hacker did Hello Games a favor. For all of 10 minutes, Murray and those guys had regained a modicum of respect from gamers -- before they decided to disavow responsibility again.

EDIT: Uh, so this situation is actually weird as shit. It's looking like the real story here isn't so much a hacking incident as some poorly coordinated damage control and more lies from Sean Murray.

EDIT 2:

Murray: "Nice to see *someone* use that account at least."

Christ, what the fuck are these people doing?

Last edited:

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
That article is more confusing than Kingdom Hearts' storyline... wow

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
Being disappointed in themselves, I'd say. For making this game grow as big as it was. For being pressured by a publisher to try and make it into an AAA game. That kinda thing.
Did SONY pressured Hello Games to turn NMS into an AAA or was the Dev team aiming for a scope way beyond their resources, manpower and skills? Just curious.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
I don't know the details; probably a combination of both, after seeing the enormous hype.

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
Christ, what the fuck are these people doing?
Honestly, my first thought was that it kinda reminds me of myself when I'm really depressed. I'll go and do some stupid thing and piss someone off, then apologise, then say something that contradicts the apology, then say I didn't mean it and confess to being a massive screw-up. Not healthy for me or for game developers. :P

Top Bottom