No more tiny text! D:

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
So ever notice how on the front page of the site when people reply to each others' comments the font size keeps getting smaller and small until it's impossible to read it?

Yeah is there a way to fix that at all? :/

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
I third the notion.

...wait. :monster:. I'll see if there's a setting that limits the max depth of comments to 3 or so. The font is reduced by some Javascript, nothing in the style I can do to fixx it. I'll check out the config.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
It's really fucking crazy.

You could win some debate on the frontpage simply by replying until your argument gets too tiny to read and thus they have to concede to save their eyesight. :monster:

Masamune

Fiat Lux
AKA
Masa
It's really fucking crazy.

You could win some debate on the frontpage simply by replying until your argument gets too tiny to read and thus they have to concede to save their eyesight. :monster:

That would save you and Dacon a lot of trouble. :monster:

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
I third the notion.

...wait. :monster:. I'll see if there's a setting that limits the max depth of comments to 3 or so. The font is reduced by some Javascript, nothing in the style I can do to fixx it. I'll check out the config.

Shouldn't there be a way to rewrite the JavaScript to contain a minimum font size? That seems like the most logical solution. If it's not possible, then JavaScript sucks :monster:

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
No, it's set that way because I limited the max depth of replies to 3 levels. If you want to reply to someone else now, you'll have to reply to the one that person replied to. ish. :monster:.

I'm no particular fan of Wordpress' solution to comments. Sure, it reduced the amount of templates you have to edit to about one or two lines, but it looks horrible. They've reduced the font size so that the threaded comments can be shifted to the left somewhat without having to expand over to the left border or to have very thin text, but imho, doing the whole size reduction sux. I'm more a fan of this site's comment system. The news article itself is about the same width as ours, but they have a sidebar next to the article with additional information, options, related articles, etc. That wide space is left blank underneath the articles, which allows the comments underneath to have quite some space to shift to the left. I dunno how deep their max depth of replies is, but I can imagine it can be pretty deep, 5 or more levels.

Top Bottom