• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Not-last-minute party for the forum’s 10th anniversary!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
Heya everyone, it’s been brought to my attention that this coming Monday, the 19th of November, is the 10th year anniversary when the TLS forums were created!

We didn’t have a party for the 10th year anniversary for the site itself (apologies for never putting a set date down for it >.<), and I know this is extremely last minute, but if you have time, why not swing by on the Discord channel for an impromptu party day? There isn’t a whole lot of prep so it’s might just end up being a big chat party, drinks optional :monster:

There is an idea to play one of the Jackbox party games; only one person needs to own it, the rest can join in for free. It can have up to 8 players and more can join the audience for judging. However I don’t own this game, and I can’t afford to buy it right now. But, if anyone else here owns it and wants to show up and host a few games, and others are willing to play, by all means please do!
I’ll try and think of any other ideas for games and whatnot, and if anyone else has ideas, please post it here! If not, no worries, just hanging out is fun too. :)

The party will be on the 19th of November, this coming Monday, and we’ll start it at 19:00 UTC time (same timezone as the UK). Show up to chat or hang out, I’ll be there most the day from then on unless something comes up! Hope to see some of you there!

EDIT:
Right, so we've moved the party to the 9th of December! It will still start at 19:00 UTC time.
There will be games, Jackbox at the very least! Maybe a few more things ;) I've got some ideas! And with the extra time, I can hopefully implement them! XD There's also a lot of exclamation marks in this edit!

Also I mentioned maybe merging this and a Christmas party together but tbh I'd like to keep those separate. I've not idea what my schedule will be like after the 9th yet, so I can't plan anything yettttt, but hopefully soon!

Last edited:

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
I was worried about it being on a Monday as well, @Chloe Frazer. If a majority of people want it on another date, we could move it! Or we could do both, like @Doom Bunneh says :D
I was hoping to do a Christmas party in December, personally ;) Could merge the two or whatever.

If people want it on a weekend, however, I will not be able to run it until the 9th of December, because of work and family. The best I could do is listen in while muted at work, but that's not hosting a party.

So we either do it on a weekday and I'll run it, or we do it on a weekend and someone else would have to be the host (possibly Fancy depending on her schedule). Any thoughts?

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
Anyone else have an opinion one way or the other about Carlie's suggestion? We currently have two ideas:

1) Have a party tomorrow/the 19th with some games (likely Jackbox games) and general fun hanging out, or
2) Have a regular hangout tomorrow with games as a possibility, and have a properly planned party (PPP) two weekends from now on the 1st or 2nd of December.

If no one replies to this post, I'll go ahead with running a possibly smallish party (because monday?) tomorrow for whoever shows up :monster:

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
Okay then, I'm just gonna assume that the majority would prefer having this event on a weekend instead to make it bigger and probably better. :D So tomorrow/the 19th we'll just have a more chill hangout session! I'll still get there around 19:00 UTC and will try and hang out for a while. :monster:

Also, since it'll be two weekends from now, I will not be able to attend, though I'm sure that ain't a big deal. :) You'll all have lots of fun regardless. I believe Fancy will be able to host the party.

BforB

Pro Adventurer
AKA
B
@Flare To be honest, I don't see why we have to have it in two weeks time. It's not exactly time sensitive, so if you can only do it on the 9th December, then you should organise it for then. Fancy has the movie night to prepare the week before, plus don't y'all have the TLS award nomination deadline to prepare for the week following? So it's not really that much time in actuality, and it would be wiser to evenly distribute the workload at such a busy time.

I vote to have it on 9th December.

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
That's certainly true. I didn't want to suggest it myself because it'd only be pushed back for me and I'm just one person, so :D Feels like I would've made myself too important or something. But the 9th would be awesome, I'd certainly be here, maybe hungover and recovering from my work's Christmas party but here all the same! :monster: Then Fancy and I could run it together, unless she has plans.

If it's pushed back to that date as well, we could even make it partly a Christmas party... maybe.... :eyes: Including a game where everyone sings Christmas carols

BforB

Pro Adventurer
AKA
B
@Flare I mean it is your event and you're organising it, so it should be on a date where you specifically can make it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
@BforB I wasn't really thinking of this event as my event tbh, I viewed it as a community event that I would host or co-host with Fancy, or anyone who wanted to help host, really. :) It's not tied to me, yeah? It's a community thing; in my viewpoint, anyone could host this party if they wanted to. I know I'm a CM but I'd hate for people to think they couldn't host stuff as well if they wanted to. Not to mean that in a bad way either, or as a way of shirking my duties, so hopefully that's not how it comes across.

Anyways, we can set a new date to the 9th of December; I'll make an edit in the OP.

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
Yo guys, I tried to do some streaming the other day, and my internet can't seem to handle it. :( I was connected on a Discord voice chat and it just made me go completely robotic to everyone else. Feel bad for saying this, especially since I got the Jackbox 5 pack, but I can't host that game for this.

I'll try and think of a few other ideas instead; I've been busy and stressed lately but I should be able to come up with something!

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
Yo guys, I tried to do some streaming the other day, and my internet can't seem to handle it. :( I was connected on a Discord voice chat and it just made me go completely robotic to everyone else. Feel bad for saying this, especially since I got the Jackbox 5 pack, but I can't host that game for this.

I'll try and think of a few other ideas instead; I've been busy and stressed lately but I should be able to come up with something!

Cacti, North, Mao, Joe and Lex have streaming setups don't they? I'd be willing to chip in to gift the game to one of them if they can make it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom