• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Not-last-minute party for the forum’s 10th anniversary!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
Hey everyone, I've been thinking about this for the past couple days a lot, and I'm going to have to ask if it's possible if someone else on TLS can take over as host of this party on sunday.
I'm very suddenly getting a new full-time job, have some irl stuff that I'm falling behind on due to a lot of commitments, and I hate doing it because I volunteered for this in the first place but I think the best thing for me right now is to free up my sunday so that I can catch up on everything else in life. As much as I wish I can do both, I know I can't host a party all day and take care of my other obligations. I dunno if I can even show up, but I'd like to, though it'd be in the evening my time instead.

Please let me know if anyone is up to it! If not, I'm sure we can figure something out, we might not even need a host, everyone would probably still have a fun time as a community. Hope you all understand, and again I'm sorry for doing this.

fancy

pants
AKA
Fancy
^I’m sorry the timing doesn’t work out for you eh. But you gotta do whatcha gotta do.

Right, so I’d been vaguely following this event, not quite sure if I’d be able to attend given the nature of my weekend work, but now that this mini emergency has been brought to my attention, I’ve checked in with my regular client and my weekend has been cleared and I’m free to host. I’ve checked the specs of my Mac against that which is recommended for streaming, and I should be more than able though I reckon I’ll still run a test tonight. I’m at work atm but I reckon I’ll try to whip up some sort of schedule for the day of the event and I’ll try to have it posted in this thread by Friday night/Saturday morning. Keep ya posted, merci beaucoup.

fancy

pants
AKA
Fancy
Sup?

(Don’t answer that question. Jk go ahead ;P)

So, after some thought, I reckon I’m going to run this event similar to the way I run Movie Nights (I even used my own template for the schedule lmao). It's gonna last about half a day with repeat "features" with filler shite like chitchat between each main feature. The event is happening Sunday, 9th December, 1500 UTC - 0400 UTC (the next day).

Here’s how it’s going to play out…

The Schedule

We have a schedule, yes, but one must think of it as a ‘suggestion’ more so than a ‘promise’ eh? :P I’ll certainly be trying my hardest to start things on time (especially the 1800 spot), but depending on the way the event plays out (ie, depending on the number of participants, how well certain games are doing, how vocal folks get about what they wanna do), some activities may last longer than intended or may even be cut short. That’s why we have 30 minutes slots of ‘Chit-Chat’ to act as something of a buffer to allow for that flexibility.

Et voila...

(in UTC)
14:30 - 15:00: Chit-Chat & Music as we prep for the event and folks assure me that this isn’t going to be total shit lmao :okay:
15:00 - 16:00: WHO THE H*CK?!
16:00 - 16:30: Chit-Chat & Music
16:30 - 17:30: Jackbox Games
17:30 - 18:00: Chit-Chat & Music
18:00 - 19:00: TLS JEOPARDY
19:00 - 19:30: Chit-Chat & Music
19:30 - 20:30: WHO THE H*CK?!
20:30 - 21:00: Chit-Chat & Music
21:00 - 22:00: TLS JEOPARDY
22:00 - 23:00: Chit-Chat & Music
22:30 - 23:30: Jackbox Games
23:30 - 00:00: Chit-Chat & Music
00:00 - 01:00: TLS JEOPARDY
01:00 - 01:30: Chit-Chat & Music
01:30 - 03:15: Jackbox Games
03:15 - 03:45: Chit-Chat & Music

04:00 - Fancy Goes To Bed

Here's a fancier version of the above schedule, now with frozen columns and rows LMFAO so it makes checking your time against the event even easier!!!

The Games

In order to celebrate ten years of forum history, achievements, and community, I've taken two well established games, Jeopardy and Taboo, and remixed them to suit TLS.

WHO THE H*CK?!

This is our version of Taboo (kinda).

Folks will be divided into 2 teams (Moogle and Chocobo) of 3 players or more. Once divided, I'll be sliding into the DMs of each player and giving them a random name of either a member of the forum of a FFVII character.

Then, after randomising the turn order and flipping a coin to see who goes first, the player must get their teammates to correctly guess in 60 seconds or less which member of the forum or FFVII character they're referring to. Whilst trying to get your teammates to guess the correct name, the player CANNOT mention...
  • Physical Descriptors of any sort (hair, eyes, height, notable accessories, big boobs etc :watchingu:)
  • (for members) The avatar that they're currently sporting.
  • (for members) Role in community.
  • (for game) Fighter Type/Weapons Used.

Team with the most points wins the round.

If you absolutely do not know a member/character, indicate as much and I'll give you a new name.

TLS JEOPARDY

I reckon this speaks for itself. :mon:

This is the ultimate TLS trivia game that will be our 'featured' activity for this event. Members will, again, be divided into teams of 2 (with the exception of someone being left over, in which case folks can fight for them to join their team to make 3) and each team will take turns picking a category and deciding which money block they want to risk. These categories cover everything from TLS History, to general Final Fantasy Trivia, to Member moments throughout the years. I'm very excited about this one and hope to goodness that it follows through! Shout out to Carlie who has been a treasure trove of information and is basically the resident TLS historian tbh.

DON'T GO ASKING HER FOR HINTS :watchingu:

Jackbox Party Games

This one is always a favourite eh? Every hour in which we are playing jackbox games (from party packs 2 & 4 cuz I said so), I'm going to ask if the group wants to play something in particular from the list of games below. If folks are indecisive, I'll spin the wheel on wheeldecide.com and we'll go from there. But HECK who knows, maybe we'll end up skipping it altogether, lmao, like I said, this is a loosey goosey event and I we'll be playing a lot of this shite by ear.

Anyway, here are the games, the descriptions of which were lifted straight of wikipedia. :megusta:
Fibbage 2
Fibbage 2
offers new sets of questions, and incorporates the ability for the audience to vote on answers which can provide an extra scoring boost to the players. A new option called the Defibrillator permit to players to delete all lies except one and the truth of the selection for one question.

Quiplash XL
Quiplash
had been developed as a standalone game prior to the pack, and was included in this pack's release along with previous DLC (Quip Pack 1) and "over 100 brand new prompts". In the game's first two rounds, each player is given two prompts to provide an answer to; the prompts are given so that two players see each prompt. Players provide what they believe is a funny answer to each prompt. Then, all players are shown a prompt and the two answers provided. They vote for the answer they think is the best quip. Each vote gains points for the player that wrote the quip, with a possible "quiplash" and bonus points if they get all the votes. The final round, all players respond to the same prompt, and vote for the three best answers of those presented. The player with the most points at the end is the winner.

Earwax
Earwax
is played by up to seven players. One player is selected as the judge and are given a choice of two categories. The category is presented to the other players, and these players are each given six random sound effects. Each player then selects two of the sound effects, in order, as a reply to the category. The judge player selects which combined sounds make the most humorous or fitting answer, and that selected player wins a point. The first player to three points wins the game.

Bidiots
Bidiots
is described as a spiritual successor to Drawful, playable by up to 6 people. At the start of the game, each player draws two simple pieces of art according to randomly selected categories, though these categories may be thematically related and result in similar visuals (for example, "going to the beach", "getting a tan", and "sunburn"). During the game, each player has a starting pool of in-game money which is used in an auction-style format to purchase the art. During the auction, each work is randomly assigned a secret monetary value based on the category, with those works drawn for that category having the highest value; the game will randomly send hints to players on the nature of this information. Players attempt to bid and purchase the art that matches the given category name while trying to use the auction format to goad other bidders to purchase the art they made in the wrong category. Players have "screws" as in You Don't Know Jack to force another player to bid, and if a player runs low on money, they can take out a predatory loan that will cost points at the end of the game. At the end of the game, the player with the most money, gained by buying low and selling high, wins.

Bomb Corp
Bomb Corp
has one player as an employee of a bomb factory that must deactivate inadvertently-started bombs as they come off the assembly lines, while other players are given different sets of instructions to help deactivate it. The instructions are specifically obtuse and potentially conflicting, requiring careful communication between players.

Fibbage 3
Fibbage 3
is the third game of the Fibbage series. The game includes new interactivity with the audience by letting them add their own lies to the selection. The game has a new separate game mode called Fibbage: Enough About Youthat replaces the game's traditional questions with questions relating to the players.

Survive the Internet
Survive the Internet
is a game of user-generated content that takes place on a fictional version of the Internet. One player receives a question that asks their opinion on a topic. Their answer is taken out of context and sent to another player, who is then told to determine what the reply was in response to as if they were on a specific site, attempting to twist the words as best they can to make the first player look bad. All players are then presented with the pairs of original replies and the guessed topic, and vote on which pairing is the most ridiculous. Each vote earns points for the second player and a smaller number for the first player that provided the reply. The player with the most points at the end is the winner, having "survived the Internet".

Monster Seeking Monster
Monster Seeking Monster
has a horror theme where each player is a disguised monster attempting to date other players. Each round, players start by sending up to four messages to other players; the audience, if participating, use madlib-style prompts to select phrases to send. Following this, each player then selects one other player they would date based on those replies. If two players selected each other, they both earn a heart. Additional scoring bonuses and effects due to the hidden monster power are also accounted for. From the second round on, the monster form of the leading player whose monster form is yet unknown, is revealed to all. The player with the most hearts at the end wins the game.

Civic Doodle
Civic Doodle
is an art game similar to Drawful and Bidiots albeit with two players drawing the same piece of art simultaneously. In each round, a start of a doodle is presented to two randomly selected players, and they have a short time to draw atop that; this is done in real time allowing the audience members to provide feedback on either drawing in the form of preselected emoji. After the timer is done, the players and audience vote for which drawing is better, with points awarded to both players based on how many votes they received, as well as an additional bonus based on the emoji votes. Subsequently, two more players then draw atop the highest-voted picture.

Bracketeering
Bracketeering
is a tournament-style game for up to sixteen players, played across three rounds. On the first round, players are presented with a prompt to complete with the best or funniest answer they can. These answers are randomly placed on a tournament-style grid. The players are then given one of the tournament matchups and predict which answer will win that match up. Subsequently, each match is then presented to all players and the audience. The answer that gets the highest percentage of votes wins, with the percentage that it wins by tied to how many points those players that guessed that match correctly get. Subsequent match-ups us these best answers going forward. After the final matchup, the player that provided the winning reply gets an additional point bonus. The second round is a "blind bracket" where the players are presented with a prompt, but the brackets are based on a different, related prompt using those answers. The third round is a "triple blind bracket" where the prompt at each level of the bracket changes.

Oi, so that's pretty much it! Everything is still kind of a work in progress and like I am RUSHING TO GET THIS SHIT DONE LMFAOOOO I AM TRYING but yeah, this is what I envision and this is what I hope comes together. Merci beaucoup toute le monde!! This poast is 100% subject to change as I continue trying to figure shit out... :wacky:

:touchingu:

Last edited:

fancy

pants
AKA
Fancy
^OI I AM STILL IN A DAZE MYSELF, DON'T GET TOO EXCITED TBH, I AM BARELY MAKING THIS WORK LMFAOOO HOLD YA BREATH TILL SUNDAY ??

omg guys

i did the thing

i set up a stream and tested it and it wasn't shit LOL it was so weird watching myself live, i was being a fucking idiot.

then i talked to one of my peeps who actually knows how to internet, and he said my upload speed was more than good enough for a casual 720p 30 fps stream.

so yeh

GUYS WE GOOD WITH ME HOSTING THE JACKBOX SHIT! SUCCESS!! One less worry for Sunday. ??
giphy.gif

fancy

pants
AKA
Fancy
Rule Changes n Shit

So tbh I’m paranoid as h*ck about WHO THE H*CK?!

Since spending a better part of the day working on the Jeopardy, I’m almost 100% confident that that will turn out all right or like... decent enough that folks will say, "lol she tried."… but I’m afraid WHO THE H*CK?! will be too easy/not exciting? So a new rule: along with members of our board, FFVII characters will be thrown into the mix. :monster:

Instead of assigning TABOO words for each character/person (I just do not have the time to consider this), I’m just going to try my hardest to enforce these rules.

You CANNOT MENTION…
  • Physical Descriptors of any sort (hair, eyes, height, notable accessories, big boobs, etc :watchingu:)

You'll also have a set time of 60 seconds to get your teammates to guess correctly. cool? cool. if you have a suggestion, throw it my way. also can i have a hug pls? lots of hugs. mmmm mmm. yeh. tvym lmfao sob :alone:

edit: op post with my game and rules has been edited.

Last edited:

fancy

pants
AKA
Fancy
^:touchingu:

oh yeah, i knew there was a third game i wanted to tack on LMFAO TLS ANNIVERSARY PARTY DRINKING GAME. (ty Force<3)

Oi, you lot, help come up with some buzzwords. I reckon I'll make a final post of all the shit (including the other two games and the schedule n shit) ONCE MORE for an easy reference point a little before the event starts tomorrow.

Buzzwords (I reckon we'll need just ten)
  1. Lifestream
  2. Anniversary
  3. The Love Triangle Debate (LTD)
  4. Cookie Monster (and cookie monster emoji)
  5. Seven

Last edited:

fancy

pants
AKA
Fancy
One last time...

The Schedule

Think of this as more of a suggestion than promise, depending on a number of things. :monster:

(in UTC)
14:30 - 15:00: Chit-Chat & Music as we prep for the event and folks assure me that this isn’t going to be total shit lmao :okay:
15:00 - 16:00: WHO THE H*CK?!
16:00 - 16:30: Chit-Chat & Music
16:30 - 17:30: Jackbox Games
17:30 - 18:00: Chit-Chat & Music
18:00 - 19:00: TLS JEOPARDY
19:00 - 19:30: Chit-Chat & Music
19:30 - 20:30: WHO THE H*CK?!
20:30 - 21:00: Chit-Chat & Music
21:00 - 22:00: TLS JEOPARDY
22:00 - 23:00: Chit-Chat & Music
22:30 - 23:30: Jackbox Games
23:30 - 00:00: Chit-Chat & Music
00:00 - 01:00: TLS JEOPARDY
01:00 - 01:30: Chit-Chat & Music
01:30 - 03:15: Jackbox Games
03:15 - 03:45: Chit-Chat & Music

04:00 - Fancy Goes To Bed

Here's a fancier version of the above schedule, now with frozen columns and rows so it makes checking your time against the event even easier!!!

The Games

In order to celebrate ten years of forum history, achievements, and community, I've taken two well established games, Jeopardy and Taboo (kinda), and remixed them to suit TLS. Oh also DRINKING GAME!!

TLS Anniversary Drink Game

Take a sip every time someone says the following:

1. Lifestream
  2. Anniversary
  3. The Love Triangle Debate (LTD)
  4. TLS
  5. Cookie Monster (or uses emoji)
  6. Seven
  7. The Remake
  8. Aerith
  9. Cloud
  10. Tifa
  11. Yop
  12. Lex

idk y'all ain't come up with nothing else :okay:

WHO THE H*CK?!

This is our version of Taboo (kinda).

Folks will be divided into 2 teams (Moogle and Chocobo) of 3 players or more. Once divided, I'll be sliding into the DMs of each player and giving them a random name of either a member of the forum of a FFVII character.

Then, after randomising the turn order and flipping a coin to see who goes first, teammates must take turns trying to get their team to correctly guess in 5 minutes which member of the forum or FFVII character they're referring to. This keeps going until a team runs out of time and the other team gets a chance to play.

Whilst trying to get your teammates to guess the correct name, the player CANNOT mention...
  • Physical Descriptors of any sort (hair, eyes, height, notable accessories, big boobs etc :watchingu:)

Team with the most points wins the round.

If you absolutely do not know a member/character, indicate as much and I'll give you a new name. DO NOT ask for a new character because you're hoping for someone easier.

TLS JEOPARDY

I reckon this speaks for itself. :mon:

This is the ultimate TLS trivia game that will be our 'featured' activity for this event. Members will, again, be divided into teams of 2 (with the exception of someone being left over, in which case folks can fight for them to join their team to make 3) and each team will take turns picking a category and deciding which money block they want to risk. These categories cover everything from TLS History, to general Final Fantasy Trivia, to Member moments throughout the years. I'm very excited about this one and hope to goodness that it follows through! Shout out to Carlie who has been a treasure trove of information and is basically the resident TLS historian tbh.

DON'T GO ASKING HER FOR HINTS :watchingu:

Jackbox Party Games

This one is always a favourite eh? Every hour in which we are playing jackbox games (from party packs 2 & 4 cuz I said so), I'm going to ask if the group wants to play something in particular from the list of games below. If folks are indecisive, I'll spin the wheel on wheeldecide.com and we'll go from there. But HECK who knows, maybe we'll end up skipping it altogether, lmao, like I said, this is a loosey goosey event and I we'll be playing a lot of this shite by ear.

Anyway, here are the games, the descriptions of which were lifted straight of wikipedia. :megusta:
Fibbage 2
Fibbage 2
offers new sets of questions, and incorporates the ability for the audience to vote on answers which can provide an extra scoring boost to the players. A new option called the Defibrillator permit to players to delete all lies except one and the truth of the selection for one question.

Quiplash XL
Quiplash
had been developed as a standalone game prior to the pack, and was included in this pack's release along with previous DLC (Quip Pack 1) and "over 100 brand new prompts". In the game's first two rounds, each player is given two prompts to provide an answer to; the prompts are given so that two players see each prompt. Players provide what they believe is a funny answer to each prompt. Then, all players are shown a prompt and the two answers provided. They vote for the answer they think is the best quip. Each vote gains points for the player that wrote the quip, with a possible "quiplash" and bonus points if they get all the votes. The final round, all players respond to the same prompt, and vote for the three best answers of those presented. The player with the most points at the end is the winner.

Earwax
Earwax
is played by up to seven players. One player is selected as the judge and are given a choice of two categories. The category is presented to the other players, and these players are each given six random sound effects. Each player then selects two of the sound effects, in order, as a reply to the category. The judge player selects which combined sounds make the most humorous or fitting answer, and that selected player wins a point. The first player to three points wins the game.

Bidiots
Bidiots
is described as a spiritual successor to Drawful, playable by up to 6 people. At the start of the game, each player draws two simple pieces of art according to randomly selected categories, though these categories may be thematically related and result in similar visuals (for example, "going to the beach", "getting a tan", and "sunburn"). During the game, each player has a starting pool of in-game money which is used in an auction-style format to purchase the art. During the auction, each work is randomly assigned a secret monetary value based on the category, with those works drawn for that category having the highest value; the game will randomly send hints to players on the nature of this information. Players attempt to bid and purchase the art that matches the given category name while trying to use the auction format to goad other bidders to purchase the art they made in the wrong category. Players have "screws" as in You Don't Know Jack to force another player to bid, and if a player runs low on money, they can take out a predatory loan that will cost points at the end of the game. At the end of the game, the player with the most money, gained by buying low and selling high, wins.

Bomb Corp
Bomb Corp
has one player as an employee of a bomb factory that must deactivate inadvertently-started bombs as they come off the assembly lines, while other players are given different sets of instructions to help deactivate it. The instructions are specifically obtuse and potentially conflicting, requiring careful communication between players.

Fibbage 3
Fibbage 3
is the third game of the Fibbage series. The game includes new interactivity with the audience by letting them add their own lies to the selection. The game has a new separate game mode called Fibbage: Enough About Youthat replaces the game's traditional questions with questions relating to the players.

Survive the Internet
Survive the Internet
is a game of user-generated content that takes place on a fictional version of the Internet. One player receives a question that asks their opinion on a topic. Their answer is taken out of context and sent to another player, who is then told to determine what the reply was in response to as if they were on a specific site, attempting to twist the words as best they can to make the first player look bad. All players are then presented with the pairs of original replies and the guessed topic, and vote on which pairing is the most ridiculous. Each vote earns points for the second player and a smaller number for the first player that provided the reply. The player with the most points at the end is the winner, having "survived the Internet".

Monster Seeking Monster
Monster Seeking Monster
has a horror theme where each player is a disguised monster attempting to date other players. Each round, players start by sending up to four messages to other players; the audience, if participating, use madlib-style prompts to select phrases to send. Following this, each player then selects one other player they would date based on those replies. If two players selected each other, they both earn a heart. Additional scoring bonuses and effects due to the hidden monster power are also accounted for. From the second round on, the monster form of the leading player whose monster form is yet unknown, is revealed to all. The player with the most hearts at the end wins the game.

Civic Doodle
Civic Doodle
is an art game similar to Drawful and Bidiots albeit with two players drawing the same piece of art simultaneously. In each round, a start of a doodle is presented to two randomly selected players, and they have a short time to draw atop that; this is done in real time allowing the audience members to provide feedback on either drawing in the form of preselected emoji. After the timer is done, the players and audience vote for which drawing is better, with points awarded to both players based on how many votes they received, as well as an additional bonus based on the emoji votes. Subsequently, two more players then draw atop the highest-voted picture.

Bracketeering
Bracketeering
is a tournament-style game for up to sixteen players, played across three rounds. On the first round, players are presented with a prompt to complete with the best or funniest answer they can. These answers are randomly placed on a tournament-style grid. The players are then given one of the tournament matchups and predict which answer will win that match up. Subsequently, each match is then presented to all players and the audience. The answer that gets the highest percentage of votes wins, with the percentage that it wins by tied to how many points those players that guessed that match correctly get. Subsequent match-ups us these best answers going forward. After the final matchup, the player that provided the winning reply gets an additional point bonus. The second round is a "blind bracket" where the players are presented with a prompt, but the brackets are based on a different, related prompt using those answers. The third round is a "triple blind bracket" where the prompt at each level of the bracket changes.

YASSSSSSSSSSSS LET'S HOPE THIS IS ALL A SUCCESS, SEE YOU AT THE PAAARTY

Last edited:

fancy

pants
AKA
Fancy
it's mostly been playing jackbox games all morning, which has been all fine and good

i'm waiting till we get a more substantial amount of members to play the more TLS-centric games.

LIES JEOPARDY IS ON NOOOOW

CrashOuch

she/her
AKA
Sara
AWWW INTER <3 Missed you! If we can manage a Christmas party I hope you can make that.

FANCY YOU AMAZE ME THIS WHOLE DAY WAS INCREDIBLE YOUR GAMES WERE AWESOME YOU KEPT ALL US NUTTERS ON TRACK YOU ALWAYS GO ABOVE AND BEYOND I LOVE YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU <3 <3 <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom