• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Not-last-minute party for the forum’s 10th anniversary!

Status
Not open for further replies.

fancy

pants
AKA
Fancy
oh shit y'all beat me to my 'thanks for the memories' poast. :monster:

bruh, right, by some miracle we managed to make this shit HAPPEN and I am sooo happy and relieved hahaha. I had A LOT OF LAUGHS and I'm well pleased with how the Jeopardy game in particular turned out since I was worried about that one. There are still plenty of questions left over, so I reckon with some time, I could make even more games?? bruh.

Anyway... I say miracle,
So big thanks again to our resident historian, Carlie, who provided the more interesting tidbits of TLS trivia. Huge thanks to my peas in a pod, sab and BforBfor rummaging through old Member Spotlight threads to pick up interesting facts about our members for the trivia as well as seeking out FFVII trivia and questions. Shout out to our admins, Cthulhu and Lex whom I turned to to get the numbers on thread views n shite, which made for good final jeopardy questions (even if there was some questionable technicalities LOL). 'Round of applause for CrashOuch who has not only helped me with the more trivial tasks like collecting names to get member trivia on and being one of my someones to bounce concerns off of, but she's been a beacon of light and positivity tbh like, she has this infectious attitude that makes you believe that shit will turn out alright. Like I would have moments where I was paralyzed by my own panic/worry that things would end in flames, but it was folks like Crash who would snap me out of it and keep me moving forward. Roger my forever husbando whose counsel I am always seeking because he's never been afraid to tell me when he thinks an idea is lacking and is always ready to offer practical solutions. Flamey who doublely reassured me with his own knowledge and experience streaming that my own set up would work and voila it did. Joe for gifting me that Jackbox game so we could play a game where we invent a machine that allows us to sneak a peek at Carlies boobs. :monster:

And, of course, thank you everyone who participated and laughed along!! Like I say, it's the folks who make the community, and you're a good lot, I reckon.

Please, share your favourite memory of the night? Or a highlight or two? Mine was definitely playing Quiplash and getting the question: "What are the signs of a bad teacher?" and Joe answering with something to the effect of, "When they can't remember their childrens' names so they just call everyone Butternut." Bruh.... that killed me.

ty for trusting me with this and here's to many more anniversary parties :kissingclosed:

Wish I could have joined.

INTERSLICERY!!! I was looking for you, hun!! Indeed, there was moment where I could've sworn I heard you on the voice chat cuz I remember feeling relieved that you made it. Oh, goodness!! We'll just have to throw another party indeed, won't we?
:touchingu:

Last edited:
INTERSLICERY!!! I was looking for you, hun!! Indeed, there was moment that I could've sworn I heard you on the voice chat cuz I remember feeling relieved that you made it. Oh, goodness!! We'll just have to throw another party indeed, won't we?
:touchingu:
Aww... sorry to make you think I was there even though I had nothing to do with it. December is going to be a busy part month, what with this, potential christmas party, and the movie night.

Ghost X

Cheers for the effort, Fancy (and others who contributed, see relevant post :monster:), and nice work everyone who participated. Tears-from-laughter levels achieved.
Please, share your favourite memory of the night? Or a highlight or two?
I probably enjoyed the quiplash game and the patent game the best, but special mention to that other drawing game where people added to the winner's drawing (forgot the name of it).

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
Thanks again for the wonderful job, Fancy. <3 I think my highlight was listening to Lith and Ghost hyperventilate from laughter and hearing how much Lith was enjoying everything. That was really nice <3 Also the Jeopardy was awesome. Part of me wishes I could've stayed longer, but I'd already stayed longer than I thought I'd have been able to, so I'm grateful for that!

BforB

Pro Adventurer
AKA
B
I have indescribable FOMO right now but the brief times I was able to jump on, everyone sounded like they were having such a great time, it makes up for it completely. I knew it was going to be nothing short of amazing. Beautiful work, Fancy. I'm sure your frantic running around in the very short period leading up to it was worth it.

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
Thank you everyone for a wonderful night! <3 <3 <3 Fancy you did an awesome job hosting. The time in which you cooked up that Jeopardy game was just bonkers.

Please, share your favourite memory of the night? Or a highlight or two?

A major highlight was definitely Lith losing her shit during Quiplash. And Yop failing his way through Jeopardy was a thing to behold.

fancy

pants
AKA
Fancy
^LOOOOOL I almost mentioned that!! When Yop fired himself and declared you admin after the brutal Jeopardy game LOOOOOL ???? poor thing! To his credit, as he said, he’s been around so long (being a cosmic entity and whatnot :awesome:), shit starts to become a blur!!

And right, as folks have mentioned, just hearing the laughter from everyone fucking made my night. That’s exactly the point of these things, eh? To ensure folks are enjoying themselves and are having fun fun fuuuun. Channy’s quiplash answers were almost always on point speaking of which (whispers: wank sock).

Oh yeh I want to poast a screenshot of our participants on the VC.
F4795F70-F6C4-4AE9-A71D-15AEF11DEBB3.jpeg
And this isn’t including everyone who hopped in and out (I know I heard sab at some point, but I wasn’t fast enough to get her in a screenshot!). Good people, good times. Cheers!

Mage

She/They
AKA
Mage
I wish I could've gotten on voice with you guys but the boy's been difficult lately and you lot are catnip to his show-off mentality. :monster: The Discord was suitably entertaining and I did enjoy dipping in and out. @fancy claws you are an absolute gem and I am very keen to fail at Jeopardy myself in future. :awesome:

fancy

pants
AKA
Fancy
^D'awww!!!!! :sob: I appreciate that Mage! And yes, please!!!!! Now that I have time to rummage through the forum and put together more questions (plus using the ones that didn't make the cut), I really want this to become a thing!! <3 :properhug:

EDIT: LMFAO NINJA'D BY CRASH <3 <3

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
One thing I would like to mention is that I'm disappointed in Flare's rather late announcement / request for replacement in that she couldn't make it; I'm glad that Fancy could take over, but she had to scramble to get the schedule up and the Jeopardy questions lined up a day before the event, work which could've been done much more leisurely in the weeks leading up to the event. That's a level of stress and pressure that really shouldn't be necessary for what is supposed to be a laid back and fun event :/.

Anyway, that's just my two cents, carry on.

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
Actually I have to add to this.
I'm so used to just lying down and taking anything because I'm just that way, but I did have a valid reason for leaving as the host of this party, and it's not something I could've changed. I literally got this new job the day before I had to cancel. I'm not going to decline a full-time job offer because it'll possibly interfere with TLS. It has made me extremely busy, I could not have changed these circumstances at all. So yes, I'm sorry I had to cancel, I know it was late, I understand the disappointment, and the stress it caused Fancy, but I could not have changed any of this in any way. Hopefully everyone can understand that.

Ghost X

Yeah, I don't get the issue here. How would you have done it differently, given Flare's circumstances, Yop and all those that agree with his complaint? Fancy also volunteered to do it. Unnecessary drama if you ask me :P.

fancy

pants
AKA
Fancy
The point isn’t that you had to cancel out on playing host—the point is that you had several weeks to plan for this event with essentially nothing to show for it. Your cancelling wouldn’t have been a problem at all had you left something, anything for the one who had to step in and take your place (it didn’t have to be me) to work with. But there was naught but a suggestion to play Jackbox games to my recollection, which was one of the first things suggested early on anyway?

No one can fault you for priotising your new job over a volunteer position on TLS—no one is trying to do that. Again, the material point is such: you had plenty of time to figure this out but didn’t bounce on the opportunity and it nearly put a damper on the whole affair as a result.

Last edited:

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
The issue is that she didn't really have anything planned before she lined up the job and then she waited until 2 days before the event that she had set up on that specific date to give to Fancy to scramble to get something done. She managed to come up with a great event in 2 days and Flare had weeks to at least give her something to work with. So this was kind of a weak excuse and she should've left it at her first post.

Ghost X

In a typically cba laid back culture, I'm surprised at the anger, tis all. I guess I have lower expectations :monster:.

Edit: Also seems like I've not been in the know, so I shall be quiet now :monster:.

Last edited:

Lex

Administrator
I think there's definitely some concern surrounding the planning and cascading of how this all happened, because if Fancy hadn't been quick on her feet I'm not sure how the event would have turned out? Thankfully it all worked out but we should definitely avoid this kind of thing happening in the future because it's not really fair for a person to have to salvage something like this without much to go on.

Flare - it's totally fine to prioritise work/ life over TLS, this is a fan board and a hobby for everyone who puts their time into it (this includes me). But I do think some more thought could have gone into the planning of the event a la the beginning of this thread, and maybe if you have some turbulence in your schedule where you suspect you might not be able to do something you should commit to planning it in a more robust way to avoid this kind of thing happening. I also think that if an event is scheduled and people are planning to commit time to it then abandoning it at the 11th hour with no contingency plan is a little bit disrespectful to the people who were looking forward to the event.

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
Fancy and those others involved did an amazing job with the Jeopardy and Who the h*ck and I can't speak to what suggestions for games Flare may have been hit up with in private channels but I do not know that there was problem with the idea that Flare was just gonna host a night that involved chatting and Jackbox games, which was made clear as a possibility in this thread's opening post and was shown enthusiasm for when the matter of the forum anniversary came up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom