• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

NOTICE TO EVERYONE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cat Rage Room

Great Old One
AKA
Mog
I may be acting out of my authority here, but at this point I'm going to say this anyway and hope the admins and other staff agree with me;

No more rampantly spammy posts. I've been seeing it for a while and I've even been handing out some unofficial warnings, but enough is seriously enough. I've seen entire pages or more of topics get derailed by posts that are nothing more than shit like 'MOAR NOODZ' and pointless one sentence back and forth between two people. Put an end to that shit.

Now I'm not coming down on anyone like a Nazi; we're all here to have fun, enjoy ourselves, and cracking jokes and dicking around is for the good of all, but perpetuating one liner and nonsense spam posts for a page straight is more than pushing it. A one liner or some 'joshing' is fine here or there, but it's getting ridiculous. Seriously, stop.

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
Re: New rule, dickheads.

Does it really matter that much? It's just spam. Sure, if it routinely derailed serious discussion topics, then I'd say it'd be worth putting a stop to it, but most of the topics that have been getting spammed up aren't about anything of actual importance anyway. If you don't want a spam forum (and most people don't seem to want one here) then the best way to allow people to get to know each other is to allow them a little bit of leeway in what they can post.

Not to mention calling the whole board "dickheads" isn't likely to get you on anyone's good side.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c

Hey, whether or not there's any merit to your argument, it's no reason to be rude, and inflammatory.

It also is overstepping your bounds to try and put forward a new rule without staff consensus before hand.

Something like this is just unnecessary, and could stir enough shit on it's own.

Cat Rage Room

Great Old One
AKA
Mog
Fair enough point Dacon; I changed the topic title. And yeah, this isn't a new rule, but it IS my job to enforce the current ones, and I'm pretty sure not shitting up entire topics with spam is a rule.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V

[quote author=The Notorious M.O.G. link=topic=579.msg22226#msg22226 date=1235448092]
Of course it matters. Why shit up a topic when you can just...not shit up a topic?
[/quote]A bit of spam in a thread that's mostly intended for conversation between members doesn't amount to "shit[ting] up a topic." The no spam rule is for serious discussion threads like the religion thread, not for chatter threads like the member picture discussion thread.

Cat Rage Room

Great Old One
AKA
Mog
Going a page in a half (and no, I'm not exaggerating) full of one liner back and forth between the same two people is more than a little bit of spam. I've enforced this before in the Mod forum, and the other Staff agreed with me; I'm sure I won't come across significant opposition on this front.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Does anyone outside the staff really care about a page and a half of banter in a thread like the chit chat thread? I haven't seen any complaints.

Cat Rage Room

Great Old One
AKA
Mog
It wasn't in the chit chat thread. Like I said, I've enforced this rule before (regarding a certain member) and the staff and one admin agreed with me.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Well, maybe you should have actually consulted the mods before making some loud declaration that's really not likely to help.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
The only threads I've seen that much banter in are the chit chat thread, the photo discussion thread and other threads where there's no clearly defined topic. And you evaded my question; I asked if anyone outside the staff has complained about spam.

Cat Rage Room

Great Old One
AKA
Mog
I asked if anyone complained, which you ignored.

No they haven't, but that's irrelevant. Rules are rules. If you were to look in the Mod forum, we discuss and enforce infractions whether anyone complains or not. If you want to argue that rules and enforcement of the rules should be variable whether anyone complains or not, make another topic.

Well, maybe you should have actually consulted the mods before making some loud declaration that's really not likely to help.

We'll see what the rest of the staff thinks when they chime in.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
They should have been involved from the start.

United Front>one disgruntled person.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
[quote author=The Notorious M.O.G. link=topic=579.msg22238#msg22238 date=1235448815]
I asked if anyone complained, which you ignored.

No they haven't, but that's irrelevant.[/quote]No it isn't. If it's not disturbing anyone, then it's not causing any harm to the functioning of the message board and there's absolutely no reason to restrict member freedom by cracking down upon it.

Rules are rules.
Doesn't stop retarded rules from being retarded.

If you were to look in the Mod forum, we discuss and enforce infractions whether anyone complains or not. If you want to argue that rules and enforcement of the rules should be variable whether anyone complains or not, make another topic.
Why should I have to make another topic? You are the one announcing an arbitrary change of rule enforcement based on a non-existent complaint no one has made, without any prior consultation with other staff members. There is abaolutely no reason I cannot reasonably bring up my objection to your actions in this thread.

Cat Rage Room

Great Old One
AKA
Mog
I guess we should ditch the rules then, and ditch the moderators since they obviously have no power to enforce said already established rules without the userbase complaining. Like I said, we can further discuss this when the rest of the Staff chimes in; I have no further intention of arguing with either of you.

I will still enforce the 'no completely ridiculous spamming' rule and anyone getting buck wild with said completely ridiculous will still be warned by me (like we have previously been doing).

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Nice straw man. I never said or even implied that there's no point in enforcing any rules whatsoever, or that staff should never enforce rules unless members complain. I'm simply saying staff should use common sense instead of enacting punishments and deleting posts every time there's a violation of them. Sometimes violations of rules don't actually cause any harm. And is there any need for the haughty attitude?

CK

buried but breathing
AKA
CK, 2D, wanker
They do have the power to enforce rules. Being a knob about them is a different thing.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Everyone's enjoying themselves, except for maybe Mog, and the forum is relatively free of drama and bullshit.

I don't see the problem personally.

CK

buried but breathing
AKA
CK, 2D, wanker
Why don't they just make a spam forum to keep the anti-spam mods and the member base happy? If it looks like its going to the shitter simply get rid of it.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
I think a spam forum is a very bad idea personally.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
People are afraid that it would turn into ACF's spam forum apparently.

I still don't get what exactly would be wrong with that, but whatever.

Cat Rage Room

Great Old One
AKA
Mog
I'm simply saying staff should use common sense instead of enforcing the rules every time there's a violation of them.

Okay I will humor you this and answer you. I previously made a topic in the Staff forum about Emperor Jokers pointless, rampant spamming. Cthulu responded with this;

Good job and justice, hand out warnings if he does it again. Same goes for his cybar friend.

Now obviously I'm not going to be a Nazi about it nor do I plan on going WARN CRAZY but this obviously signifies that this has been acknowledged as an issue among the staff and at the VERY LEAST I've been given authorization to warn people if it continually gets out of hand.

I understand I could have been less dickish, but I made this topic to 'warn' everyone ahead of time to avoid any problems in the future (such as actual warnings)

CK

buried but breathing
AKA
CK, 2D, wanker
[quote author=V link=topic=579.msg22252#msg22252 date=1235449504]

[/quote]

people might get picked on and cause drama. :( But if there's at least some rules/guidelines and some proper mod enforcing there shouldn't be too many problems. And if there was going to be crap on this forum it would've already happened somewhere else.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
[quote author=The Notorious M.O.G. link=topic=579.msg22253#msg22253 date=1235449522]
I'm simply saying staff should use common sense instead of enforcing the rules every time there's a violation of them.

Okay I will humor you this and answer you. I previously made a topic in the Staff forum about Emperor Jokers pointless, rampant spamming. Cthulu responded with this;

Good job and justice, hand out warnings if he does it again. Same goes for his cybar friend.

Now obviously I'm not going to be a Nazi about it nor do I plan on going WARN CRAZY but this obviously signifies that this has been acknowledged as an issue among the staff and at the VERY LEAST I've been given authorization to warn people if it continually gets out of hand.

I understand I could have been less dickish, but I made this topic to 'warn' everyone ahead of time to avoid any problems in the future (such as actual warnings)
[/quote]And I'm saying that if no one outside staff had a expressed complaints about how much Mumble and Kuno-Ichi have been posting, then it's not particularly important. If it derails a particularly important thread, split it, but I haven't yet seen them derail a thread that actually contained active discussion.

[quote author=CeeK link=topic=579.msg22254#msg22254 date=1235449675]
[quote author=V link=topic=579.msg22252#msg22252 date=1235449504]

[/quote]

people might get picked on and cause drama. :( But if there's at least some rules/guidelines and some proper mod enforcing there shouldn't be too many problems. And if there was going to be crap on this forum it would've already happened somewhere else.
[/quote]
Even if there is crap, who cares as long as it gets confined to the spam forum? It worked fine on ACF as long as Darkbeat/SY/SW/Sinfinity weren't interfering with it. (Which admittedly added up to about three months total, but whatever)

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
And the off topic spam from Cthulhu himself?

Where's that fall?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom