• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Now that E3 is over, what you do hope to see from TGS?

Jairus

Author of FFVII: Lifestream & FFVII: Reflections
Well, this was quite an E3, to put it mildly. And with all great content and info we got from it, it makes me curious and excited to see what SE brings us at TGS in September. I'm hoping we'll get to see some of Red XIII and the Turks as well as Reeve and the rest of the Shinra execs. We've only seen Heidegger and President Shinra so far (and haven't heard President Shinra talk yet).

I wonder if Heidegger will keep his signature horse laugh? And Red XIII's fighting style ought to be interesting to see, should be a bit unique since he's on four legs where everyone else is on two. I also would like to see how they've done Aerith's church for the remake, we haven't seen that yet either and it's an iconic location in the world of FFVII.

Oh and of course, Wall Market. Imagine a new trailer at TGS showing off all this different stuff, then shots of Tifa and Aerith in their formal dresses and finally showing a third girl's feet before panning upward to show her dress until the camera finally reaches her face and you realize it's Cloud! Then the trailer goes to black, hehe. Wouldn't that be something?

I think the next girl everyone really wants to see now that Tifa's been revealed is Cloud. :lol:

What would you guys like to see when TGS comes around? What are you hoping they reveal next?

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
While I am still gonna not be excited for the Remake, I am expecting for the Turks to be shown next...but my concern is what Reno's new look will look like. For Heidegger's horse laugh...probably will remain, but who knows?

*Tries not to laugh* Seeing Cloud disguised as a woman will probably have so many people either going "YES!" or squealing in delight, or just out right burst into hysterical laughter.

Aranea

Lv. 25 Adventurer
My predictions is that we will probably see President Shinra and Reno during the trailer (we did not see President Shinra face entirely during the recent trailer). Other than that i see Cloud having more hallucinations and perhaps another look at those "ghost".

It would be really awesome if more of the Avalanche members are revealed to be playable characters.... even if just temporarily.

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
I’m honestly perfectly fine if we don’t get anything more until March. The release is so close that I’m happy to wait.

If we DO get something I would like some replacement footage for the Seventh Heaven stuff we’ve seen so far. It was clearly unfinished and I hope all the positive feedback they’ve gotten hasn’t killed them into complacency. That part needs some serious work.

FFShinra

Sharp Shinra Shill
I want very little in terms of showing off characters or scenes or anything like that from this particular game. What I do want? The soundtrack. Maybe parodies of the original trailers (by that I mean the voice over). Things that help lore but do not necessarily spoil plot (like Shinra propaganda or something).

I do NOT want overexposure on this game.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Show me the Turks. Show me their portrayal is faithful to the original instead of that Compilation nonsense.

Also, more gameplay mechanics. An explanation on how materia works (leveling up spells, linking them, differences to the original and such)

Cannon_Fodder

Pro Adventurer
I don't care if we see a single new character or location; I wanna see some menus baby. I know it's not necessarily realistic, since the menus probably won't be finished until later, but still. I want to see the main menu. I want to see the materia menu. The equip menu? Oh you better believe I want to see that too.

Outside of that though, I'd like to get some details on Aerith or Tifa's character gimmicks.

Theozilla

Kaiju Member
Finished Tifa.
I’m honestly perfectly fine if we don’t get anything more until March. The release is so close that I’m happy to wait.

If we DO get something I would like some replacement footage for the Seventh Heaven stuff we’ve seen so far. It was clearly unfinished and I hope all the positive feedback they’ve gotten hasn’t killed them into complacency. That part needs some serious work.

Didn’t Nomura say a while back (before KH3 had come out) that the FFVII Remake cutscenes were further along/more complete than the KH3 ones? So wouldn’t the cutscenes we’ve seen with Tifa and Seventh Heaven be more likely finished than unfinished?

Kain424

Old Man in the Room
He probably didn't mean EVERY cut scene. I mean, the KHIII stuff looked more polished than what's in this most recent trailer.

Reactions: Ite

Mayo Master

Pro Adventurer
Personally, as some others have mentioned, I do not want more exposure either. I'm already sold, that's it - hell, I was probably sold 4 years ago, it's just that I made my pre-order only now.
I really want the game to deliver some surprises. I'm seriously thinking on going on a FF7 media blackout soon.

FFShinra

Sharp Shinra Shill
You can do what I do in the months before a Star Wars movie: delete your Facebook and don’t talk to your friends!

I don't mean for myself. I mean for the general public. I have seen some PR campaigns for games that went waaaay too far and ended up overexposed to the point that there was hype aversion.

FFShinra

Sharp Shinra Shill
Its exactly that sort of marketing that I do not want. That 15 things from XV nonsense they had Kinda Funny host was one of the most cringe worthy things I have ever seen SE do. I do not want the 7R saga going through the same thing.

fancy

pants
AKA
Fancy
Didn’t Nomura say a while back (before KH3 had come out) that the FFVII Remake cutscenes were further along/more complete than the KH3 ones? So wouldn’t the cutscenes we’ve seen with Tifa and Seventh Heaven be more likely finished than unfinished?

I certainly hope not considering that homegirl had stiff, dark blocks of texturing to pass off as 'hair' for half of the trailer lmao. Compared to Cloud, Aerith, and Barret (minus the sunglasses in some bits haha), in almost all of the scenes that we see Tifa in, she clearly looks like a model in the midst of development. This actually speaks to the power of her popularity imo, haha, they were like "Dammit, give the people what they want. Fuck it if the cake is half baked––they'll eat it up anyway!" (and that we certainly did :P)

Consider this shot where her eyes and mouth move in that weird, uncanny valley sort of way. I think both her and Marlene suffer from this, actually:

And if we look at this shot of Aerith next to Tifa (sorry to be that person who is comparing the two female leads again, haha, same ol bullshit amirite), the difference is clear as day, eh. I can count every strand on Aerith's head whereas I can't count Tifa's cuz hers is just the one strand that's been moulded onto a head..

contrast and compare.png

Even the eyes are glaringly different imo. These two don't even look like they're from the same game. It's just clear to me that Tifa isn't as far along in development as her peers.

compare and contrast.png

I ain't frettin' tho cuz as someone has already stated on this forum (I think it was Trainer Red? <3), just as we first saw Bad Cosplay Wig!2015 Trailer Cloud transform into the beautiful butterfly that we see in 2019, I'm sure Tifa will get her proper, finished reveal (if you will) in due time. :megusta:

Last edited:

fancy

pants
AKA
Fancy
Fair enough and I considered this, but I wager that the scene in which Barret returns home safe from the bombing mission and you see Tifa for the first time in the game would likely be rendered as a cinematic too, eh? I would assume so anyway cuz that makes the most sense to me X)

OdaDaimyO

Conqueror of Sugar
AKA
Mochi Lover
The sewers scene is still in-game like Seventh Heaven too but pre-rendered, the only cgi sequence is the opening cinematic.

Edit: There're three different quality models: CGI models; pre-rendered in-game models (cutscenes); regular in-game models (battle)

Last edited:

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
Also using the Healing Wind shot is a poor example because it’s ANOTHER location that is incomplete, without proper lighting or environments.

rimavelle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
rima
I don't know what's their... policy on CGI cutscenes. So far only the opening shot looks CGI (ofc you want to open the game in the most awesome graphics and also hide loading screen), who knows where else will they put them. If at all. The difference in quality is so small now, that it's not something they have to do a lot. Pretty sure they will save it for some BIG, EPIC moments that the hardware won't handle so they will cover it up with CGI.
The sewers scene is still in-game like Seventh Heaven too but pre-rendered, the only cgi sequence is the opening cinematic.
That's my point, my screenshots are "in-game".
Also using the Healing Wind shot is a poor example because it’s ANOTHER location that is incomplete, without proper lighting or environments.
The thing was about character model. It just proves my point - lightning in 7th heaven also looks really poor, so Tifas model looks a bit worse.

Top Bottom