• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Oblivious to politics

Atticus

Kissed by Fire
So today my government teacher spent the entire class period yelling at us and telling us how the youth of America have no clue what is going on in the world around them and all we watch is mtv.

I watched mtv last night and I don't really know who my state senators are and I voted green party last time I voted... four years ago... I just checked the box that said, "vote all green party" at the end because I didn't know alot of the names...

Should I take my teacher's advice and actually read the newspaper and not get my news from David Letterman and be a productive member of society? Does anyone else here do that? :arr:

Sublime

Gravitas? What gravitas?
I would say that if the youth of America were to be a little more in the know, then they'd have more of a clue than most of your politcians do in the government.

I mean, some of yours guys honestly think that Britain's NHS is a breeding ground for terrorists! What is that about? They're just making excuses to not have one themselves.

Atticus

Kissed by Fire
I would say that if the youth of America were to be a little more in the know, then they'd have more of a clue than most of your politcians do in the government.

Truth. Maybe I should get a subscription to New York Times. I'm going to make it the cool thing to do.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Atticus said:
So today my government teacher spent the entire class period yelling at us and telling us how the youth of America have no clue what is going on in the world around them and all we watch is mtv.

And so you went ahead with an essay about how the political elite is running campaigns to influence teachers and everyone to believe such things, rite?

Atticus

Kissed by Fire
And so you went ahead with an essay about how the political elite is running campaigns to influence teachers and everyone to believe such things, rite?

Well... I didn't really know the politically elite are making those kinds of accusations. I haven't watched the news in a while. If I did know though I definitely would have written the essay!

Atticus

Kissed by Fire
That's not possible. They keep watering it down and adding more ridiculous plots so they can keep producing moar seasons.
And then they can make more money. They should get better stunts though. I'd like to see Bush or Obama jump across high rises.

Top Bottom