Obsidian Fire's drabble collection

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
Unlike some people on this site, I can't do visual arts (drawing, photography, etc.). At all. Instead I write.

So, this is my version of other people's art threads only it's all writing. As for what I write, well, let's just say I like crazy world building and character interactions (not romance though) so expect a lot of odd crossovers in the vein of Fantasy Kitchen Sink. Feel free to tell me what you like, what you hate, what I could do better on etc.

Here's one to start you off with

Crossover: Kingdom Hearts X multiple universes.

Summary: Ariadne finds Sora knocked out in Traverse Town and takes him to Squall. Squall wants her, Eames and Arthur to find out if Sora is a nobody or not by sharing his dream.

Tipping Bishop disappeared in a swirl of pencil lines and Ariadne sighed. Shadow heartless were so easy to kill, it wasn't interesting anymore; she didn't even have to warp reality to kill them. “Come on Pluto,” she called to the bright yellow dog, “let's get back to Squall and the others.” Pluto wagged his tail and bounded ahead of her. Suddenly, he stopped at the entrance to an ally and sniffed around on the ground. His tail sprang straight up in the air and Pluto ran into the ally. Ariadne ran to catch up with him.

When she turned the corner, Ariadne saw Pluto licking someone's face. She laughed and then pulled Pluto away. The person Pluto had been licking was a boy in his mid teens who Ariadne had never seen before. He had very spiky brown hair and was wearing a black and white jacket over a red jumpsuit. Lying on the ground next to him was a keyblade. As soon as she saw it, Ariadne knew she was looking at the Kingdom Key. Unlike most of the keyblades Ariadne had seen, it looked like an actually key. The hand-guard were gold and the shaft and teeth were silver. It's key-chain was a gold charm that looked like Micky Mouse's head. Ariadne smiled at that and gently picked the teen up so as not to wake him.

Deciding that she really did not want to walk all the way back to the main square carrying the teen, Ariadne summoned Tipping Bishop. As soon as her keyblade appeared out of it's usual pencil lines Ariadne warped reality so that everything between her and Traverse Town's main square sucked itself downwards. She then built a short walkway over the canyon and both she and Pluto walked over it to the main square. Once she was in the main square, Ariadne banished Tipping Bishop and Traverse Town returned back to it's normal flat self. Once the land had settled, Pluto ran ahead of her and bounded into the tavern. Ariadne laughed at his antics and followed him.

Inside the tavern, the lunch hour was in full swing. Ariadne waved to Sarah Hawkins, the tavern owner, and began looking for Squall. It wasn't easy as there was people everywhere. At one table, Cecil Harvy and Kurosaki Ichigo were comparing their respective light and dark powers. At another, Yugi Mutou was creaming Arthur at chess. After making her way past the pile of donuts and milk bottles that was Vash the Stampede and Train Hartnet, Ariadne finally found Squall. He was at a back table talking strategy with Uchiha Itachi, an off-worlder whose world had yet to fall even after nearly twelve years of war against the heartless.

Ariadne tapped Squall on the shoulder. “I found someone new,” she pointed to the boy she was carrying, “and he had this.” She put the gold and silver keyblade on top of the maps that covered the table.

Squall picked up the keyblade and looked it over. “He had the Kingdom Key?” Ariadne nodded. Squall frowned. “Have you guys checked if he's a nobody yet?”

Ariadne shook her head. “No, but I wanted to separate him from the keyblade before it drew any more heartless to the area.”

Squall nodded and took the teen from her. “The back room's empty. Go get Eames and Arthur. I'll join you when I'm finished with this,” he told Itachi. “It shouldn't take too long.” Itachi silently nodded and went back to his maps.

Ariadne went over to Arthur and poked him on the shoulder. Arthur looked up expectantly at her. “Somebody new just dropped in,” she told him, “and they're still asleep.”

Arthur nodded. “I'll get the synchronizer.” He looked at the chess board and then tipped his king over. “You win,” he told Yugi and made his way towards the back room. Ariadne shook her head as she went to find Eames; Arthur had yet to win a game against Yugi.

Just as Ariadne was about to go looking for Eames, he poked his head out of the back room. “We're ready,” he announced.

Ariadne nodded and went into the back room. The sincronizer was already set up and it took less then a minute to stick the needle into her vein and start the shared dream.

Ariadne woke up to find herself on a beach. Eames and Arthur were not far away. Arthur looked around and stated, “Well, he's not a nobody.”

Eames rolled his eyes. “No, his mind's a complete blank because he can't dream 'cause he's got not emotions.” He looked around. “Course he's complete.”

Ariadne leaned against a palm tree that had star-shaped fruit. “Well, it doesn't look like he's got any GFs, dark alter egos, or murderous projections in his head at least.” Arthur nodded in agreement. The team was silent for a moment before Ariadne announced, “So, who want's to surfing?” Eames and Arthur stared at her and Ariadne sighed. “Well, we have an hour on the clock, and it doesn't look like we have anything to worry about. And besides, when's the last time we've been to the beach anyway? It's not like Traverse Town has one.” At that, Eames smirked and Arthur shook his head.

Squall glanced at the clock as Ariadne, Arthur and Eames woke up. It had been five minutes since they had gone under. “What went wrong?” he asked. For the three of them to be under for that long meant there was something else inside the kid's brain besides his own subconscious.

The three dreamers looked at each other. “Nothing,” denied Arthur, “He's not a nobody though. The dream's too concrete for that. Nothing else is in his head either.”

Squall nodded. As long as the kid was whole he wouldn't worry too much. After all, the kid had the Kingdom Key; the only keyblade capable of restoring the worlds. He would do all he could to help him.

To be continued?

There is a good chance I'll write more in this world.

Last edited:
Top Bottom