• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Odysseus' art dumping ground

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
I figure it might actually be better if there was just a "community art thread" where anyone could post their stuff, but I'm not bold enough to make one myself, so I shall comply to precedent. So I draw stuff semi-infrequently, and I thought it could be nice to share. I dunno. Not gonna dump my whole backlog here, but here is some highlights.

I feel like this might be the best one I've ever done, from a composition stand point, based on the game "Yume Nikki:"

My name isn't Amber for the record, that was just a pseudonym I was using for a while.

This one here is probably the most experimental one I've done, from a perspective stand point:

6 Playing with a friend.jpg

I feel like I could have done the lighting better if I drew that now.

Here's some quality shipping art I did for Jairus, based on a scene from his FFVII Novel:

2 Cloud and Jessie.png

I had to redraw that like four times, and I'm still not really happy with the posing. Cloud's face also looks terrible. Colors are nice though.

Finally, I want to maybe show something a little "inspirational," I guess. The reason I'm called "Odysseus" here is because of a comic adaptation of the Odyssey I drew in high school as a school project. This was probably about nine years ago now. Here's what the first page of that shit looked like:

15.png

Look at that absolute garbage. Jesus. But that's where I got my start drawing. I forever insist that anyone can draw with enough practice. ANYONE. After that comic project I just kept on trucking and now I can do the stuff I do now, and while my art is still terrible, it is worlds better that that awful comic was. I secretly still love that comic

If you want to see more of my garbage, here's my DA page. Will post more art as it is painfully wrought from the ether.

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
Is posting the same image in two different threads poor practice? Probably. Ohhhhhh Weeeeeeeeelllll

4 Arts and Crafts.png

This will be my Last "Jessie" drawing for a while, I've really done enough now I think. Just had to get one more in after that demo. Hooo boy I can't wait to see more of her in the full remake! Thanks to Jessie Rito for the suggestion of doing a drawing of Jessie building the bomb. I threw in Marlene just for fun, it's like arts and crafts time or something :).

I already know what my next FF7 drawing will be. It'll have Cloud and Tifa in it, as well as everyone's favorite minor character besides jessie. Stay tuned.

Last edited:

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
Hey so here's a stupid comic I was making that I just sorta forgot about:

img20200314_10211666-min.png
img20200314_10241091-min.png
img20200314_10280725-min.png
img20200314_10315352-min.pngimg20200314_10351422-min.png
[\SPOILER]

Yeah, not much happens, but it was building to something really stupid I promise. Maybe I'll pick that back up some time.

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
My son literally just recommended it to me. How long does it take to play?
Okay so the game is more of a "walking simulator" than a real game. There is an objective to complete that will give you an ending, but that's not really the main appeal in my opinion. The goal is to find NPCs around this vast dreamscape that will give you effects, which are things that give you power-ups or cosmetic differences. Getting all 24 effects allows you to see the credits. If you're just playing to see the sights, it takes maybe three or four hours to figure out how to get around the whole game map. If you want to do the objective, it took me maybe eight hours the first time.

Prism

Pro Adventurer
AKA
pikpixelart
I love the colors and mood on that Matsudoki piece. Also, the Jessie and Marlene drawing is super wholesome - her Barret drawing warms my heart!

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
I love the colors and mood on that Matsudoki piece. Also, the Jessie and Marlene drawing is super wholesome - her Barret drawing warms my heart!
Thanks. I see you're a fellow Yume Nikki fan seeing as you know her name! Sometimes I'm afraid I can only do dark colors lol, all of my pieces end up with some kinda mood lighting.

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
I know I posted this on the forum already, but I want to keep my "good" stuff together here.
Page 1.jpg
Let's go ahead and forget this was the first page of an ill-fated comic idea, and just see it for the over-detailed monstrosity it is. Like, I threw this together in like a week. What was I on? Guess that's what happens when I'm actually motivated to do something. My favorite part is the little clump of buildings on the bottom right. Looks good m8.

Last edited:

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
I couldn't think of a background for this, so it just doesn't have one.

biker boy.jpg

I think this is now collectively the 8th full color Jessie drawing I've done, granted the first one was from 2014 and two of those are just colorings I did of another artist's work that I did.
(don't think I put those in here, so uh, here:
Jessie and Cait.png
Jessie at Cosmo Canyon.png
Ain't those cute? They're from 2011, the guy who drew them was a real OG Jessie fan lol)

Point is I've drawn her way too much! So I was thinking, any of you have a character you'd like me to draw from FFVII? Any character at all except Gackt, any at all. I'll do it for ya, if you want.

Last edited:

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
Aight, I'm drawing Sephiroth next. I did this coloring first tho:
Jessie at Gold Saucer.png
based on these pencils from some guy on pixiv from 2009:
5103812_p0.jpg

Shut up it doesn't count as another Jessie drawing I didn't do the pencils. I'm kinda proud of the lighting on this one. Maybe I over did it for a chibi piece that I easily could have gotten away with flat colors for, but where's the fun in that?

EDIT: Since its apparently my life's mission to preserve this random Pixiv member's work, maybe somebody here could help me out with something. They guy is Japanese, so I can't read the image descriptions myself and Google translate sucks, so I was thinking maybe somebody here could help me? Here's the description for this picture:

ジェシーと妄想デートイベント。真上に吹っ飛んでいって、よく見ると天井に突き刺さってる悪竜王ヴァルヴァドスに吹いたw

I know nobody will see this for a while, but if anyone does see it later and can help, I would appreciate it.

Last edited:

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
Hi kids, I brought something a little different to show and tell today:

There's a long, looooong story behind this, but It'll be easier to just TLDR:

From around 2013 to now I've been trying to make this big stupid multi-media fan sequel to an anime called "Black Butler." This stupid project has been the bane of my existence forever, but don't worry too much about is. What we have here in this video was going to be a motion-comic type prequel to the main bulk of the story that I wanted to tell, which took the form of some very embarrassing cosplay videos and a full on comic I never got very far with. This particular thing stopped dead because drawing all those assets was a nightmare to do by myself (Sooooo many flowers) and I realized I just couldn't manage it. The full thing would've been like a half hour long. Can you even imagine? So yeah.

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
For a while now I've been having this weird dual mindset. I actually generally prefer cuter, simpler art styles, but I don't ever really draw like that myself. I think I'm always trying to find the median between the simple styles I like and the detailed (well, to an extent) art that I find more satisfying to actually draw.

Anyway, I'm taking a break from FF7 art I think. I tried to start up another one, but the passion isn't there right now. I want to do something else.

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
Hey gamers, I'm mostly just here to bitch about how much I hate drawing backgrounds, but I'll also share some OOOOOOOLD art since cats just did that yesterday. All this garbage is from 2015 and back.

David Bowie Cloud:
Low Cloud.jpg
Look at how plastic he looks. God. All my pre-2017 digital art is garbage and all of my post-2017 art too. I was big into Bowie in 2014, so I drew a Cloud based on the album art to his album "Low." I thought the outfit looked cool.

Safer Sephiroth:
man in clouds.jpg
Hey look I used to draw with traditional materials once upon a time. Still kinda proud of this one actually, for what it is. Cutting that thing out was a nightmare.

Zack's fuckin DEAD:
i'm gonna cut your head off.jpg
Shademp's avatar was the inspiration for this one. No not actually. My art teacher was convinced Cloud was about to cut off Zack's head.

Yuffers:
missing button.jpg
I miss having access copic markers. The only times I ever got to use them was for this shit. I wanna draw Yuffie again some time.

I have more, but the rest is even lower quality than these, so I'll leave it there. Next new drawing coming eventually maybe I hope.

Attachments

• man in clouds.jpg
    man in clouds.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 7

BioTeach

Pro Adventurer
I really really like the Cloud one! And I echo the sentiment when it comes backgrounds - I avoid them as much as possible! But for someone who hates doing backgrounds, the one in the Zack death piece is quite detailed!

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
I really really like the Cloud one! And I echo the sentiment when it comes backgrounds - I avoid them as much as possible! But for someone who hates doing backgrounds, the one in the Zack death piece is quite detailed!
Thanks. I'm actually still pretty happy with the composition of Bowie Cloud, just not the finer details. Maybe I'll redraw him some day.
Backgrounds can be a lot of fun once you get into them, adding all the little details, but man it's always a pain to start. The Zack death picture was one of my more ambitious high school drawings, that's for sure.

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
Hey I'm back with some more shit:

https://thestrifeisrife.tumblr.com%2Fpost%2F620499342814478337
So this is the picture I was complaining about backgrounds because of. Not quite happy with how it turned out, but I still like it. The girl is Yuki Takeya from the series gakkou gurashi, aka School Live. The anime is moe as fuck but I can't draw like that, like, here's what she looks like there:
dcmj1v1-0a7723f8-5a85-4945-8cce-e07b74c82088.png
I just cannot make myself draw like that, it just ain't happening. I tried to do some sunset colors, so it's orange as fuck. Heck yeah my dudes, fuckin citrus. Stay hydrated.

Last edited:

Cat on Mars

Actually not a cat
Hey, the coloring turned out pretty well! This background is the best you've done until now imo, it has a lot of detail but it blends well together. I would have added some touches of blue for some contrast but it looks nice (a bit orange-y but you already knew that :P ).

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
Hey, the coloring turned out pretty well! This background is the best you've done until now imo, it has a lot of detail but it blends well together. I would have added some touches of blue for some contrast but it looks nice (a bit orange-y but you already knew that :P ).
Thankfully the photoshop file doesn't cease to exist the second I decide the image is done. I added in some blue now.

Top Bottom