• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Okay but am I the only one who liked Hallelujah Money by the Gorillaz?

Hallelujah Money...

• Is trash.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Is brilliant.

Votes: 5 83.3%
  • is meh. Certainly not their best, but also not their worst.

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • is something I haven't listened to and probably never will!

• is...wait. Give me a moment. Still haven't decided how I feel about this one.

• Total voters

fancy

pants
AKA
Fancy
Towards the end of January, Gorillaz released
and I fell in love on the first listen. I've been feeling quite alone in this feeling ever since.

I can't be the only who is adores this song. Is my bias that strong??

Also, anyone making it to their Demon Dayz festival in June?

fancy

pants
AKA
Fancy
What's your fave?! :D

Haha this is more validating than you know. I was starting to think that I was willing the song to be good. Everyone who's trashed on this seems to be trashing on this because "it doesn't sound like Gorillaz." which I'm starting to think is code for "it doesn't sound like Clint Eastwood or Feel Good Inc."

Ghost X

The tracks Ascension, Saturnz Barz, Andromeda, and We've Got The Power have just been released simultaneously. Apparently Humanz is the title to the new 20-track album, which'll be released 28th April. I can't say I find any of the tracks released so far too appealing. Andromeda is probably the best out of the bunch, which I'd rate 2.5/5 stars :P.

Geostigma

Pro Adventurer
AKA
gabe
Poll needs more options.

The song was pretty bad and a huge waste of Bens talent imo =/
What really bums me and stings to say is the track would have been better as an instrumental really. The Lyrics were ok, but the performance and implementation leave so much to be desired. So much to the point where you just wish it wasn't there , not because its "that bad" , but more because it's no where near as good as it could have been.

You wish the lyrics aren't there in the same way you wish your ex never existed in the first place after a bad break up.

fancy

pants
AKA
Fancy
The tracks Ascension, Saturnz Barz, Andromeda, and We've Got The Power have just been released simultaneously. Apparently Humanz is the title to the new 20-track album, which'll be released 28th April. I can't say I find any of the tracks released so far too appealing. Andromeda is probably the best out of the bunch, which I'd rate 2.5/5 stars :P.

I just...

angst2.gif

Ghost, please hold me. I don't even know how to begin to describe how...underwhelmed and disappointed I am. Do I need to give it time to grow on me? What the hell is this. *clutches Demon Dayz album tightly*

Of all of them, Saturnz Barz was probably my favourite...but as you've said...doesn't rate too high on stars.

I need to lay down. Just take this in. I wish they had Little Dragon back on board (loved 'Empire Ants' and 'To Binge'). Interested in what the De La Soul tracks sounds like. Speaking of features, I wish they didn't have so damn many of them. I mean, I know that's pretty much a standard thing with the Gorillaz...still.

giphy.gif

Poll needs more options.

LOL yeah, I'm shit at this poll thing, though I insist on them anyway!

The song was pretty bad and a huge waste of Bens talent imo =/
What really bums me and stings to say is the track would have been better as an instrumental really. The Lyrics were ok, but the performance and implementation leave so much to be desired. So much to the point where you just wish it wasn't there , not because its "that bad" , but more because it's no where near as good as it could have been.

You wish the lyrics aren't there in the same way you wish your ex never existed in the first place after a bad break up.

I haven't heard enough of Benjamin to really comment on that bit :c I liked his Tiny Desk Concert and his feature in Hallelujah Money and that's about it.

Dunno, dunno. I'm sure the track would be great as an instrumental as well, but that's because I already like it so much as it is! Haha, I just think it fits. I keep singing it at random intervals.

"Here is our TREEEEEEE~"

fancy

pants
AKA
Fancy
Meh, a little late but just so it's here. Playlist of the new album, Humanz.

I've yet to hear the bonus tracks.

This is a good album in and of itself methinks, but as a Gorillaz album, I was disappointed as it felt less like an album from the virtual band and more a compilation of a bunch of different songs from different artists with the unifying theme being "trip-hop vibes with occasional vocals from 2D." Instead of Gorillaz featuring the artists, it felt like the artists were featuring the Gorillaz. Having guest features has always been a big thing with Gorillaz, but it overwhelms in this album. :sadpanda:

I found that I was a little more underwhelmed with Hallelujah Money than I initially had been, and I think it was for lack of visual. I really liked the video coupled with the song I realised. Hmm.

My favourite track was probably Charger w/ Grace Jones.

Listening to this album had me feeling strangely bittersweet. I think I'm going to buy it regardless out of this weird sense of nostalgia and longing and just weird bitter, "I've been a fan for so long"-ness. Methinks it will grow on me in time.

Last edited:

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
Saturnz Barz is one that definitely grew on me after listening to it multiple times, but I have to strongly agree that it's still in the "artist featuring Gorillaz" rather than "Gorillaz featuring artist" feel.

X :neo:

fancy

pants
AKA
Fancy
Saturnz Barz was a strong contender for my absolute favourite on this album. Close second if not tied with Charger! Third fav is either Ascension or Andromeda (quite the names here wtf).

Was just about to listen to the bonus tracks.... :shifty: I'm sad about how unexcited I am, haha.

EDIT
Gave them a listen. Big surprise, they were shit.

Last edited:

fancy

pants
AKA
Fancy
*phoenix down*

GORILLAZ VIDEO OUT FOR THEIR NEW ALBUM

Coming off of their last album, the sound doesn't bother me like it might've in my Post-Plastic Beach state. :P

Last edited:

BforB

Pro Adventurer
AKA
B
Man, happy that the song is actually mostly 2D and not just 2D being featured on a track...

Top Bottom