• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Okay I'm now playing FFVI

Danseru-kun

Pro Adventurer
^

Oooh thanks for that! I actually got the Lightbringer/Illuminator and I love it. The task I wanna do before I enter Kefka's tower is at least give my four main attackers (Celes, Terra, Edgar and Sabin) the 50% HP boost from Bahamut and I'm achieving that by grinding in the bottom of the cult tower.

Fangu

Great Old One
I just watched a couple of videos on YouTube - I remember fighting those random encounters when I was playing the Tower - and I also think I remember it was a bitch. I must have ended up grinding for it or something :lol:

Cat Rage Room

Great Old One
AKA
Mog
The Dinosaur Forest is the best EXP spot in the game, if you're strong enough. Try to grab some Growth/Exp Eggs for double the gains.

Danseru-kun

Pro Adventurer
I forgot to post updates... btw I've entered Kefka's castle and defeated the two dragons. So far my 2nd and 3rd party has reached the switch button but I'm still trying to figure out what to do with my first one I don't know how to go through.

Danseru-kun

Pro Adventurer
Aww shucks I'm screwed. One of my three parties is really weak : Mog, Gogo, Umaro and Gau. I thought it's okay to lump them all together since I have Moogle Charm but then I never knew I had to fight the statues... D:

Good luck for me I'm gonna attempt to finish FFVI tomorrow

Danseru-kun

Pro Adventurer
^
Too late for that :monster:

Gau will have to do hahaha

BTW the Merit Award trick with him didn't work, I can't equip it to him :P

Danseru-kun

Pro Adventurer
Okay I forgot to tell everyone that one of the reasons of my delay is that my x button is not functioning pretty well. I was damaging the goddess pretty well, Gau with Thunder Shield is almost enough to beat her while Mog and the others turn to zombies, however for some reason the weapon Gogo is equipped with is healing her... so >_>

I hope I can finish tonight

Danseru-kun

Pro Adventurer
Finally finished FFVI! I loved the final battle- the music, the four consecutive bosses and the option to make a line-up! The bosses were creepy, especially the second one with a decapitated woman.

I think my level is just right for the final battle, most of my characters are in the 40's. It could had been easier if my x buttons wasn't malfunctioning but at the end only two of my characters died (Celes and Edgar.) My key players are just Terra, Relm and Locke. Terra for offense, Relm with X Magic always casts cure and reraise while Locke would cast regen, shell, safe, haste and all kinds of buff..

I think the ending is a bit weird with the "Terra as.... Terra Branford" I mean okay... but it makes sense if you named your characters differently. I love it when Terra was there leading the party and at the end she lets out her hair. As for Shadow, since I let him die, all I got at the credits is his portrait and some village shots.

Anyway, to compare it to FFVII, I honestly think FFVI is definitely more challenging and the gameplay is more fun and allows more freedom for the player but personally I like FFVII's story better.

My next target is to continue FFVIII, but that wouldn't be possible for now hahaha, one day for sure :>

Blade

That Man
AKA
Darkside-Ky/Mimeblade
I'm sorry but I just have to act like a fanboy here and gush about my favorite character: Gogo.

I know not many people know much about the character, but being a boss in FFV in a sunken shrine who gave you the Mimic Job Crystal Fragment, which is considered one of the most powerful jobs in the FF Series, this "person" (let's face it, their gender was in question before that was considered a THING, which Quina later inherited) has been a dimension-hopping wandering warrior almost as often as a certain infamous swordsman we frequently see.

I just liked the design of the character (though I frequently assume it's a man wearing flamboyant clothes).

It's said in FFIX, that Gogo was a famed Blacksmith too, which relates to "Gogo's Finger" which an old smith seems to be looking for in the belief that he could use the finger to copy any of the greatest weapons in history...but even that isn't precisely true.

Even so, you get the Excalibur from the old man anyway.

Then of course there's the "Mimic" Materia in FFVII...not to be confused with the "Repeat"/"Auto-Repeat" functions of later FF games, though they act similarly to him in spirit.

Then of course there's Gogo's FFVI ability to equip anything and ANY ability...if you play your cards right you have one of the best characters in the game on hand! I just really like this side of Gogo...Sigfried, and not even Gilgamesh and his notoriety had the ability to copy whole technique sets of this nature! Even in FF Tactics, Mimics didn't even need to worry about copying other moves, as they could move independently and just position themselves to act immediately.

Gogo as a character inspired my own original characters. So I hope he/she/it makes an appearance or cameo in future Final Fantasy games.

Akai Hana

Unknown Creature
AKA
Akai Hana, Komori Yui
Danseru, have you ever played FFIX? Compare between FFIX and FFVIII, I'd prefer FFIX more..... Because I think Rinoa is so annoying in ffviii.. lol.. I like Garnet..

Novus

Pro Adventurer
Danseru, have you ever played FFIX? Compare between FFIX and FFVIII, I'd prefer FFIX more..... Because I think Rinoa is so annoying in ffviii.. lol.. I like Garnet..

Rinoa is awesome, my first love yo!

Danseru, did you watch Shadow's end on youtube yet? It's my favorite part of the ending, although I'm a total sucker for melodramatic death scenes.

Danseru-kun

Pro Adventurer
I haven't seen Shadow's yet, I will post when I did :>

I wanna play all FF's but for now I have no means, but I will eventually :>

Farron

If the sky comes falling down
AKA
Hallelujah
I like Rinoa too sorry Akai :sadpanda:

@ Danseru

You didn't save Shadow ?? Do you plan to replay FF VI again some time in the future to experience FF VI with Shadow being alive ???

yes play them all ! like Akai mentioned above Final Fantasy IX is a very high recommendation

Danseru-kun

Pro Adventurer
I first read Shadow's story then I watched the ending and I was like :sadpanda:

Relm and Shadow are not my family-ship in FFVI

Akai Hana

Unknown Creature
AKA
Akai Hana, Komori Yui
Hey, don't call me Akai.... My name is Hana... :P

I don't hate Rinoa.. As I was saying, if I compared Rinoa and Garnet, I like Garnet more.. Just like if I compare Aerith and Tifa, I like Aerith just a little bit more.. But that doesn't mean I'm a Clerith or something... I'm a die hard Cloti.. You should know that by now.. :awesomonster:

I love both Tifa and Rinoa.. I may like Rinoa more if she don't act so cute so much... (alright peep, don't bash me now) I know that's her personality in ffviii, but I just can't like it... :(

Top Bottom