SPOILERS One month later. What are your thoughts? (*Open Spoilers*)

Ite, I think it might well be a suitable entry point for new fans. You want them to have the exact same experience you had, with updated graphics. But that was never going to happen. At the risk of starting to sound like a broken record, remember how much you hate ACC and CC? Yet they were my gateway drugs to the hard core main game. Or let's put it this way: I think there are people who, having played the Remake, will now play the OG (and the whole Compilation) who would otherwise never have gone near it. I doubt there are many people who might have played the OG and now won't because of their exposure to the Remake. So that's a net gain for FFVII.

Last edited:

Eerie

Fire and Blood
I haven't played yet (my game is waiting for me at the FNAC, and I'm waiting for the PS5 to play anyway...), but I have seen most of the game. As such, I cannot comment on the gameplay (which looks fun as hell), but only on visuals, characters and plot, and compare it to the OG.

To put things on context, I played FFVII OG when it came out on computer, so that should be 2001-2002? Something like that? At that moment, my favourite games where Diablo and Baldur's Gate - and I had already played at least one MMO, though I don't remember if I had tried more at that point). As you can see, I had never played JRPG, but I was already in my mi-twenties when I played the OG. As such, I had never cared for romance in a game, and that quite annoyed me at the start (for the record, the why I chose Tifa over Aerith in my answers was mainly to try to make Aerith stop being flirty... lol - and because Tifa wasn't bothering me even when I chose pro-Tifa answers). It was the Lifestream scene that made me change my views about this, about Cloud (which was a huge arsehole most of the time, let's admit this, until this point) and Tifa specifically. While I did enjoy the game, I finished it, thought I liked Cloud and Tifa together, and that was it for mmh... years lol. I played many many other games after that, and I can't say that FFVII was a defining moment for me, except it did give me another OTP. When AC/C came out, I remember reading this forum before deciding to take a leap and joining later lol (I usually read a forum for months before deciding to join). Ultimately, this was the decision that probably made me a bigger fan of FFVII than anything else. I have never played the other games, just the OG (I was not interested).

Which brings me to FFVIIR. For one, I have never found the graphics of the OG very compelling, I found 3D to be ugly well into the 2000's, so when they dropped the bomb of a remake with updated graphics, I was very much into that idea. Imagine, playing FFVII with pretty graphics! Back then I thought for sure I'd buy a PS4 just for this game (lol). So yes, visually speaking, bugs aside, FFVIIR is... awesome. I feared it at first because I hated the Midgar part in the OG (I see that I was not alone in that opinion), but it had been rendered beautifully, and I don't have the claustrophobic vibe I had from the OG. The characters in-game models look fantastic (which is funny because theiur pre-rendered versions for cinematics look worse IMHO), and every iconic location has been rendered with much love and care. It's a BLAST looking at it, honestly.

The characters are IMHO the best versions of themselves, EVER. Yes they are better than their OG counterparts, which were written with a lot of limitations and in the 90's to boot so there's a lot to say here and there. Even the Avalanche trio has been layered masterfully. Aerith whom I hated very much because of her too over the top flirtiness came out as awesome in this Remake. Cloud's progress in the game in how he grows is phenomenal, but also worries me a bit - because it'll mean that he'll fall from higher in the next game and that's going to be hard to watch. Tifa has also gained monumentally in characterisation - she was shafted in the first part of the OG, but got additional scenes and thoughts which make her even more enjoyable. She's still my favourite so far.

The plot mostly follows the OG plot. It had come to me early that the ghosts were a neutral force rather than a bad or good one. I didn't think about the meta commentary, though I guess it could work, but I'm not sure it was the devs' intention. IMHO they just wanted to add an AC/C core to the game. I must say that I have never expected a tight lore super well written plot, because I'm used to video games where plot holes are there and "just please overlook them ty" (I mean WoW BFA's plot had me yelling at my screen so...). I also take into account that the devs wanted 2 things that can make plotholes:
1. They clearly wanted to build the compilation into FFVIIR's core, to make it its DNA, which IS tricky because they also want to add stuff from AC/C
2. They want COOL (VISUAL) THINGS.
The second point is clearly what makes Sephiroth appear at the end of the game. And as such because the main game follows more or less the OG, Sephiroth feels completely out of place. It also recreates the ending of the OG which doesn't sit well with old time gamers since, you know, why is that placed here? I must say I took it as a big tease for the end of the game, because Cloud is not able right now to take on Sephiroth who just plays with him. But it's badly written, poorly included in the story which make it stick out from something that otherwise was well-thought. I think they just should have left it after the Harbinger fight myself, so it would have just given closure to the whispers arc.

Knowing all of that... I personally can't wait to play it. I love what I saw, the Sephiroth fight doesn't bother me too much because I expect games to not be tight on plots and that I understand them wanting to show Sephiroth off because he's a big character in the FFVII world. Not my cup of tea but I can live with it and the rest looks phenomenal. Also I hope that the bugs will be patched until I can play this out on PS5 lol.

Keveh Kins

Pun Enthusiast
I used to indoctrinate friends through Advent Children :monster:

I'd show them a clip of a fight scene, get them to watch the whole movie once their interest was piqued, and then start pushing the OG on them.

I felt like the Bugenhagen of FF7 lore and strategy back then. :monster:

Last edited:
I think it must have been ACC that biased me towards Rufus and the Turks.

I know I go and on about this, but watching AC was, in a way, one of the most extraordinary experiences of my life. I normally like rather esoteric arthouse cinema. Objectively it's not even a particularly good film. Yet it possessed my imagination like nothing else I have ever watched. This isn't a thing that happens to me on a regular basis; in fact it's never happened like that before or since. It was like... coming face to face with Destiny!

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
Ite, I think it might well be a suitable entry point for new fans. You want them to have the exact same experience you had, with updated graphics. But that was never going to happen. At the risk of starting to sound like a broken record, remember how much you hate ACC and CC? Yet they were my gateway drugs to the hard core main game. Or let's put it this way: I think there are people who, having played the Remake, will now play the OG (and the whole Compilation) who would otherwise never have done near it. I doubt there are many people who might have played the OG and now won't because of their exposure to the Remake. So that's a net gain for FFVII.

Knowing full well that an actor saying "it's not about ego" has got to raise a few eyebrows, but this is really not about me wanting to give other people "my" experience. You misunderstand me. f I like a play, I am able to recommend a production of that play that I haven't seen, even though the production is going to be different depending on the director, design team, etc. And the people I recommend shit to are always on their own stone in their own path, and a story I love might not resonate at all with them. But you didn't go into AC thinking it was the start of the story -- that's the issue. it's seen as good practice, if you're going to release the book "Pride & Prejudice & Zombies" that you don't call it "Pride & Prejudice" because, despite most of the words being the same, it is not, in fact, "Pride & Prejudice."

It's great if AC was your gateway to the OG, but you didn't watch AC with the explicit proclamation that it was the beginning of the story. That's what bugs me. Final Fantasy VII: A Twist in Time is the fifth entry in the Compilation of Final Fantasy VII. I'm not going to sign my friends up for that, just as I wouldn't recommend Attack of the Clones as a standalone film. I'm pissed at the marketing, and I'm pissed at how preventable the shittiness of FF7R is. All they needed to do was not do the thing that half of the people hate. There is a line between "Wahhh it's different" and "wtf is this" and FF7R goes out of its way to make sure it's the latter.

Rydeen

In-KWEH-dible
I think it must have been ACC that biased me towards Rufus and the Turks.

Same. If I'd originally played the OG when AC wasn't around, I feel like I would have mostly overlooked them like everyone else did, thinking them to be nothing more than cool but not that interesting. However, they were still very unpopular even after AC (except Reno) and people were uniformly pissed about Rufus' survival for several years. It seemed like it wasn't until CoS, the Turk novel, and now the remake that people started to see what I saw. :P That was my experience at least.

Jimmy XH

Pro Adventurer
Looking at this objectively, I loved it and I still love it whilst coming to the end of my second, slower-paced play through. It is by no means perfect, but it is a very fun game to play and as we all know, the original story is so compelling that this was always going to carry on provided they didn't mess it up which nine times out of ten, they didn't.

In terms of gameplay, every element of combat is excellent, besides aerial combat. The depth of battle strategy, stuff I am still learning and getting used to after a month of play is something to savour really, and the fact that it still feels close to the original system whilst bringing it into the modern era is some achievement to me. I still get caught out by certain fights on occasion and I love that the game keeps you on your toes and makes you think. I haven't even started on hard mode yet.

I personally enjoyed most if not all of the exploration and sidequests but I can see why people might find them a bit unnecessary. That's fine though, they're optional. Don't do them if you don't want to. To me they provided a distraction from the linearity of the story progression (the original was linear too) and allowed me to take in those environments I was so interested in at the age of eleven. That said, when I play through again, will I be as keen? Time will tell I suppose.

Story-wise, again they more or less got this right. The fact you can play a game that you know like the back of your hand and not know what is coming seemed risky because you just didn't want them to get it wrong, but became exciting very quickly. The key story pieces are still in tact, some of it created as a 1 for 1 carbon copy and I can't tell you the emotions that broke out on my face when those familiar scenes were recreated with such precision.

The key question about the new and expanded elements for me was whether they fit within the narrative of the original and didn't drastically alter course from the trodden path. This is a bit more subjective as it will come down to the interpretation of each individual and how they felt about it, but the two main "controversies" I suppose are The Whispers and the ending.

Those two things are closely intertwined with each other so it's hard to talk about them separately. Every time I think about the ending I just get anxious about what it could or could not mean for the future so I'm trying my best to stay out of it because whatever conclusion I come to, it'll probably be wrong anyway. All I care about for Part Two is faithfulness to the original in the same way they did for most of Part One and the whole Whispers and ending thing puts that in doubt.

Maybe that doubt is unfounded, but it'll be a long time until we find out whether it is or not so I've actively chosen to enjoy Chapters 1-17 as they are and take the ending with a large pinch of salt.

It's disappointing that some people were so appalled by the ending that it affected their overall experience of the game, but I guess you can't please everybody. FFVII was such a personal journey for all of us, it would have touched us individually in different ways, therefore a remake in this form cannot possibly hit everyone's hopes and aspirations for what they wanted.

I have no doubt I'll be playing it several more times before I get tired of it, and I'm so pleased that it turned out the way it did. It gives me a lot of faith that future instalments will be just as good, if not better.

oty

Pro Adventurer
AKA
ex-soldier boy
Knowing full well that an actor saying "it's not about ego" has got to raise a few eyebrows, but this is really not about me wanting to give other people "my" experience. You misunderstand me. f I like a play, I am able to recommend a production of that play that I haven't seen, even though the production is going to be different depending on the director, design team, etc. And the people I recommend shit to are always on their own stone in their own path, and a story I love might not resonate at all with them. But you didn't go into AC thinking it was the start of the story -- that's the issue. it's seen as good practice, if you're going to release the book "Pride & Prejudice & Zombies" that you don't call it "Pride & Prejudice" because, despite most of the words being the same, it is not, in fact, "Pride & Prejudice."

It's great if AC was your gateway to the OG, but you didn't watch AC with the explicit proclamation that it was the beginning of the story. That's what bugs me. Final Fantasy VII: A Twist in Time is the fifth entry in the Compilation of Final Fantasy VII. I'm not going to sign my friends up for that, just as I wouldn't recommend Attack of the Clones as a standalone film. I'm pissed at the marketing, and I'm pissed at how preventable the shittiness of FF7R is. All they needed to do was not do the thing that half of the people hate. There is a line between "Wahhh it's different" and "wtf is this" and FF7R goes out of its way to make sure it's the latter.
I dont think they ever marketed FFVIR as the definitive version of VII, tho? Atleast, not from the interviews they did. And even if they did put a slogan in a commercial, you still got the fan reaction to it, which pretty much screams "this isnt the definitive version of VII", and will follow that till the end of the project.

They are threading an extremely thin line here. They are trying to show what's great in the OGVII to newcomers so that they can also say, for example, "yeah I loved when Cloud had to dress up!", but obviously in a new light, in a way that they can still go back to the OG and play it and not feel like they are just going through the motions.

And honestly, that's not what I wanted, but thinking of the income of new fans, that are going to have massively new perspective of the two stories of FFVII, excites me a lot. I think they are gonna have a blast, following the Remake, playing through the OG and finding all the differences. Playing through the Compilation and finding all these little references everywhere. It literally opens up a universe to them.

I think VIIR would always be the "5th title in the Compilation" and it actually doesnt have much to do with the Whispers and the ending. It has more to do with the fact that this game is a much more connected version to the whole FFVII universe. You got Deepground here, Kyrie there. S and G SOLDIER types. Kunsel. I mean, that's great. That is actually pretty good. It is awesome to have a VII that finally uses the rest of the universe they created, and that's really good for the new fans too.

Wol

None Shall Remember Those Who Do Not Fight
AKA
Rosarian Shield
I gotta say I personally enjoyed AC, watched it multiple times in fact. It's not a great movie per se, but I found it unique and was impressed by how SQ adapted the world and characters.

AC has an ambient silent melancholy which I like, and the soundtrack is fucking amazing and it didn't include anything out of the ordinary like FFVIIR did.

AC > FFVIIR in terms of story coherence.

Last edited:
AKA
Alex
tl:dr - It's definitely up there with my top RPGs in recent memory.

Are there things that could have been handled better in the game? Absolutely. I'm extremely critical of a lot of media, and I will take every opportunity I can to nitpick something if I can help it. I don't believe there's any such thing as a "perfect" RPG, and even some of my favorite RPGs of all time had noticeable problems, but the sum of its parts greatly elevated it.

There are certain games I still play through rose-coloured glasses. For instance, the original Deus Ex is my favourite game of all time. I religiously play it at least once, maybe two times, a year. Any style you can think of - completionist runs, pacifist, sadist, speedrun - I've tried it at one time or another. It's also laughably broken and showing its age, with character glitches galore, bugs, story beats that make me question what the devs were thinking (the random scientist held by MJ12 after they massacred everyone else in the missile base) and more. It's a game that's nearly unplayable in the modern age without mods, and it's only held together by the absolute strength of the writing and the setting.

Like FF7, Deus Ex is a game I hope would benefit from a remake, but I'm not so naive to presume that I'd have to absolute love every aspect of it or otherwise cast it aside. The prequel games (Human Revolution and Mankind Divided) are basically pseudo-remakes, and all have their own respective problems. The former can be broken in a half-dozen ways, with villains that come off as shallow or half-finished, and boss combat that completely at odds with its philosophy until a subsequent re-release overhauled it. The latter is basically half a game, chainsawed in half to meet a release date and plagued with glitchy characters, a presumptive goal to invest the player in the lives of characters who are barely fleshed out, and a plot that seems to tiptoe around any substantive plot development because it knows that 80% of the main cast has to survive for the next 30 years to make it to the original game.

I've also sat through some legendarily-bad final levels and endings. The original, pre-Extended Cut of Mass Effect 3 was a slap in the face to an entire fanbase, further muddled by a studio that insisted it was the fans who were wrong. The final two levels of the original Far Cry had me throwing my controller in frustration multiple times when the devs decided to pit me against hordes of enemies with no cover in the midst of a volcano, before sticking me in the middle of an area with a dozen enemies with rocket launchers. I spent several hours trying to get the Factory Zero achievement on the original version of Deus Ex: Human Revolution's "Missing Link" DLC, and nearly quit because the whole thing was so finicky and required such precise timing that I almost walked away due to stress. Nobody talks about the laughable final chapter of Baldur's Gate II where you spend most of your time on a scavenger hunt, followed by a laughbly-inept final boss and a cutscene that was so confusing and incongruent that it was completely ignored in the expansion pack.

FF7R's ending is nowhere near the worst I've ever played. Yes, it's completely unbalanced, and smacks of content being rushed through the final stages, but it's technically-proficient, has a few neat nods/callbacks to the Compilation and it made me much more excited to see what comes next, not less. There are certainly things I would fix, but perhaps owing to the fact that I only really finished the OG when I was older, and had the opportunity to examine the two more closely, the Remake is great at what it is. It hasn't superceded the OG for me, but exists in the same way that the Resident Evil 1 and 2 remakes do for their respective games - a modern take on a classic set of systems. (The less said about the RE3 remake, the better.)

Midgar was my favourite part of the OG, period. It was such a compelling setting for a story that I always wondered why the devs didn't do more with it. Yeah, there's the Return to Midgar in Disc 2 (which consists of a handful of different NPC lines/encounters and a couple of items you can get) and the Raid (which is limited to three locations), but I think I spent more time in that one location than any other in the game, just walking around, talking to NPCs and enjoying the setting. While I wouldn't presume to judge a single installment against the completed work from 25 years ago, I greatly enjoyed the Remake, pacing issues and all. It's up there with my favorite RPGs in recent memory, alongside The Witcher 3, New Vegas and (modded) Mass Effect 3.

There's a slavish devotion to continuity in this game, to an extent I haven't seen in a long time. It might even be too continuity-heavy for newer players, which is why I hope when there's a part 2, they'll set up a scenario that eases players in a little better, or at least sets up part of the world better (I keep hoping 2 opens with the Nibelheim flashback).

It will be interesting to see what they pull off going forward, but I'm confident that they'll make it. The characterization of the main party is some of the best I've seen in an RPG in a long time, and it's been the same amount of time since I played a mainline FF title that had me so invested in the safety of characters, not just of the leads, but of the supporting NPCs. Whoever decided to base Marle off the same character from Chrono Trigger, or base Biggs off Charlie Sheen in Platoon, deserves a raise.

oty

Pro Adventurer
AKA
ex-soldier boy
I gotta say I personally enjoyed AC, watched it multiple times in fact. It's not a great movie per se, but I found it unique and was impressed by how SQ adapted the world and characters.

AC has an ambient silent melancholy which I like, and the soundtrack is fucking amazing and it didn't include anything out of the ordinary like FFVIIR did.

AC > FFVIIR in terms of story coherence.

I love AC. It was one of the gateways to FFVII for me. But even back then, I had lot of gripes with it. First, I watched it in English, not a very good call. But, besides the dilly dally, AC has an extremely recurrent problem of not evolving the story as it goes on.

It's funny, because yeah AC>VIIR in terms of story coherence, but through very different ways. VIIR takes a jump outta nowhere, where it feels so abrupt you think you skipped some Chapters. AC, however, completely ditches any kind of development in substituition to kick ass aCtIon sEquEncEs. Even CC knew when to shut up, and let the action turn into melancholy, still showering with symbolism, but that is not kIcK aSs.

And that really explains why AC is more bad viewed than CC, and why it became sort of a meme. People saw AC as the low point for Nojima's writing, and complained about how much it wasnt as nuanced as back in the day. The dialogue, the scene-to-scene. All they felt was a plain dramatic story that takes an unpredecedented back turn to an action thrill ride.

looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi
The fact that it interrupted the scenes I was looking forward to most really stung.

This is something that really hurts for me as well. There were scenes I was really looking forward to seeing with a big AAA budget. It's not like they're going to have that opportunity again (knock on wood). I was ready to be happy to see them with the benefit of cinematic camerawork and acting. Then when they come about... they intentionally make this new plot element the focus. Then I to come to the idea that this is intentionally done specifically to illicit a deflated reaction from people like me. And for what? Because the creator's want to go "trollololol we are defying destiny this isn't your FF7 so back the fuck up"? I don't agree with the idea that this is "false advertising" but if this is the kind of subversion they were going for, I can't help but see it as kind of malicious. Which I hope wasn't intentional. It just doesn't run that deep imo - it's not exactly a defiance of destiny to go ahead and make a game that's guaranteed to do well because of the legacy that you're supposedly trying to defy. If you're gonna do something so bold that you know is going to illicit a disappointment from a certain demographic (and if in fact that's what you're hoping for), at least do so while having something a bit more interesting to say.

youffie

Pro Adventurer
Wow, lots of great and long posts here, I’m going to start slowly reading through all of them as I'm a bit late to the party. I'm going to throw my two cents first, though.

I’ve stopped staring at the wall in a stupor and writing Strongly Worded Posts here for the rest of the time like I did in the first few days after finishing the game, so… I guess you could say I made my peace with it?

I’m not thrilled at all about certain things that are being teased, but I’m not getting off this train (yet!) and I love all the new discussion that Remake has brought. I just hope that some of the stuff that they just had to include and that sticks out like a sore thumb won’t get too in the way of the stuff that I actually enjoy. However, I'm bracing for the very real possibility of even bigger disappointments along the way; the worst that can happen that way is that I’m wrong.

I suppose the emotional equivalent would be that I first fell in love with FFVIIR, then fell out of love and now I'm good friends with it. But that's not what I wanted. I desired transcendent escapism. Despite all the posts I've written since the shock of the game's ending, FFVIIR remains the biggest video game disappointment of my life. The main lesson it seems to teach me is "don't get invested". Perhaps it is because of that lesson that I am still able to be friends with FFVIIR.

This (and Shademp’s whole post in general) is exactly how I felt. I was soaring so high, and then it felt like the game just dragged me down back to the ground and slapped me in the face, hard. And it’s not because everything that came before was perfect or exactly like I wanted it – not even the OG was perfect, for that matter – but I did feel myself becoming invested again like I hadn’t been in years. And when that happens, hiccups and errors just don’t matter as much. As much as I’d love to have that experience again, right now I just don’t want to feel as crushed as the ending made me feel ever again.

I also haven’t played the game again, even though while I was playing I was thrilled at the idea; I tried but it felt like a chore, the game was just too overwhelming for me, both the good stuff and the bad stuff. I’m sure I will enjoy playing it again some time in the future. But I do feel that part of the magic is gone for me.

oty

Pro Adventurer
AKA
ex-soldier boy
Yes, definitely. I think the Remake has a lot of problems with replayability that bug me as well. As much as the ending messed me up, after a month now, I find the technical issues that the game brings much more problem-worthy than the ending. The annoyance at the camera, the restrict gameplay that it's not just linear, no that's not it, it's like a cage. Where you can barely wiggle. The sidequests that are often more of an annoyance than a fun time. The NPCs that have some seriously messed up mouth animation. And much more.

All those little things show up even more in subsequent playthroughs, and it really starts to detract from the experience.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
I'm still on my first playthrough (at the end of Chapter 4), but I have definitely begun to notice that cage-like feeling @oty mentioned. When I first got to the Sector 7 slums, I was initially overwhelmed with what felt like endless possibility, but it now feels very confining.

Why the hell is it such a chore to walk around the porch of Seventh Heaven? A barstool or table that's only obstructing 1/3 of the space I want to walk through requires I go all the way around the fucking building? XD

If I had run across this furniture in a reactor or warehouse, they would have just been yeeted halfway across the sector as I ran into them!

oty

Pro Adventurer
AKA
ex-soldier boy
That's where the sentiment the game wants to pass starts to become incovenient. If that was the intent, the game should make you feel like trapped, caged. But not in the way that annoys you, takes the fun out of it. It's not like the game is showing that, it's more like a function the design of the game lacks.

It reminds a lot of the Shadow of the Colossus discussion I had back in the day. I always argued that, yes, Wander was just a boy, and as such, did not know how to climb properly, and be agile. But, if that was the developer's intent, to put that in the gameplay, you can seriously have some awful consequences. Instead of being amazed at the Colossus you were fighting, you were annoyed af because freaking Wander couldnt damn climb anything. Of course, there are ones who argued that that wasnt even the developer's intent, and was only a product of the technology of the time. That's why today you can have seriously crazy sequences, that play out perfectly.

There are many ways they can approach these types of situations, but not in one that makes you drop the game because you just arent having fun. (That's why I'm so freaking excited for Part 2)

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Now, I don't think "Shadow of the Colossus" is a valid point of comparison at all. There you're being tossed about while hanging onto enormous creatures that could crack your bones like a dry leaf underfoot -- you absolutely should be having trouble doing a simple task like climbing.

Here, we're talking about trying to walk around a goddamn porch with oddly immovable furniture after I just sent a table flying 20 feet a short while earlier. =P

oty

Pro Adventurer
AKA
ex-soldier boy
I was talking more about the intent behind a segment. In FFVIIR, you are caged in Midgar, but the way that the game approaches it detracts from the fun of the experience. It is annoying and too much restrictive. In Shadow, you are climbing a literally living body, but the way that game approaches it, it's to just make you fail repeatedly. From an in-game perspective, it makes sense. From outside of the game, it is irritating. That's the comparison I was, trying, to make.

Knuxson

Pro Adventurer
After playing all the way through the game again on hard mode while mulling over the ending the entire time, I feel much better about the game than I initially did upon my first play through. I really like the Remake so far. If the ending for part 1 really is just SE making a statement that things will be different to an extent, but give us mostly the same story like they did in this first part, then I can totally come to terms with the part 1 ending, even if I probably would have preferred more straightforward storytelling (i.e., no convoluted B plot about "Destiny").

Basically, at this point, I adore 95% of part 1, and, as we all are, I am in a "wait and see" mode for what direction they choose to ultimately take for the rest of the story. Also, I am hoping the Zack stuff is merely there as side content, such as a separate "what if Crisis Core didn't end like it did" DLC, that does not affect, or only slightly affects, the main story.

Top Bottom